[Pre Release] macOS Sequoia 15.1

103 posts in this topic

So, I have four Macs.  They are now, all of them, on Sequoia 15.1 (B5).   Now I could post 4 copies of my upgrade results, but to save space and energy, I decided to post just one.

You'll just have to trust me that all four are on B5.....(I like Sequoia 15.1...that's why all of them on it!)

Screenshot 2024-09-24 at 6.10.48 PM.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

I can't update Z390 machine to Beta 5. Because of error message below ! Sometime, I've Full update instead of delta but my system  loops on "macOS installer" !!!

Bro I seem to think you have problems every Update.

This leads me to think something is seriously misfigured on your machine. The Z390 is an 'Update and go Board', so to speak.

If this is about the Z390 you shouldn't be having this kind of problem because it is one of the easiest boards for a Hackintosh (I know because I had one although it was the Pro Series).

I think you should look into the 'Audiogod Thread' to get some clear pointers for this board.

When I was running this board all that I needed to do from time to time was insure OC and kexts were updated on a regular basis and that was it. Never had problems like you're having.

I only changed this board through sheer vanity and bought the Z590 which was a nightmare and got the MSI Z490 which I am currently running.

You need to investigate thoroughly what exactly is happening to cause these glitches whenever there is an OC Update, otherwise you'll be clinching your lower cheeks each time there is a major OS update.

@miliuco is a great advocate for this Board and runs one trouble free, even posting some Tutorials. As well as the 'AudioGod Thread', have a search for his as well.

Hope you get it sorted.

Good luck.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, eSaF said:

This leads me to think something is seriously misfigured on your machine. The Z390 is an 'Update and go Board', so to speak.

If this is about the Z390 you shouldn't be having this kind of problem because it is one of the easiest boards for a Hackintosh (I know because I had one although it was the Pro Series).

I think you should look into the 'Audiogod Thread' to get some clear pointers for this board.

When I was running this board all that I needed to do from time to time was insure OC and kexts were updated on a regular basis and that was it. Never had problems like you're having.

I only changed this board through sheer vanity and bought the Z590 which was a nightmare and got the MSI Z490 which I am currently running.

You need to investigate thoroughly what exactly is happening to cause these glitches whenever there is an OC Update, otherwise you'll be clinching your lower cheeks each time there is a major OS update.

@miliuco is a great advocate for this Board and runs one trouble free, even posting some Tutorials. As well as the 'AudioGod Thread', have a search for his as well.

Hope you get it sorted.

Good luck.

Poor @miliuco now there 'll be another Z390 annoyer (me) for him.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Hope you get it sorted.

Good luck.

@eSaF In the past, i contribute to AudioGod thread by testing this Z390 Aorus Master. Randomly issues are persistant since 5 years, without finding causes ! For the macOS Update, there is a possibility for bad wifi connection time to time, is broking the process (I'm not sure).
I continue to use Clover but I have also a working OC EFI folder for this motherboard. God bless USB pendrive.
Since a hour, I reached to update to Beta 5.

I will continue to investigate what is wrong. Strangely, When I copy-paste file in EFI folder: blackscreen and underscore ! But it's OFF-Topic.
Thanks Bro.

@miliuco I hope you can help me.

• Like 5

@Matgen84 - I don't know or profess this is your problem but is based on my own Z390 experience.

The best Gigabyte Z390 BIOS Update was the first one that introduced the setting that made it easy to Lock and Unlock CfgLock in the BIOS.

I quite can't remember which version it was, but all versions after that one were buggy and problematic.

That is the one I stayed with even when Gigabyte offered revised versions.

Find out from @miliuco what version BIOS his board is running at.

If you're running Clover at the moment I am very rusty with Clover and in no shape to advise you on the subject so won't attempt to.

I still have a few Big Sur Z390 EFI Folders on USB Drives, obviously based on my specs at the time including BIOS version.

@miliuco has a few examples based on the Z390 but I don't know if they are all OC or includes Clover as well. Hope he sees your post and offer some advice.

• Like 5

Flawless upgrade from Sequoia 15.1 Beta 4 -> Beta 5 on my HackBookPro6,2 (Nvidia Tesla).  Booting with OC 1.0.1.  Patched with OCLP 2.1.0n (9/23/2024).  Preview was broken with Beta 4 / Previous OCLP and now works again.

Screenshot2024-09-25at1_57_01PM.png.ceb3fb7547fe69c9e7d9787851a7401a.png

• Like 4

18 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Thanks for the easy way to disable gatekeeper, but I forgot that I did it with the profile you provided.

Now I don't know how to remove the profile, because now I only have the option Apple Store and known sources...

Thanks

Captura de ecrã 2024-09-25, às 20.45.19.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

Thanks for the easy way to disable gatekeeper, but I forgot that I did it with the profile you provided.

Now I don't know how to remove the profile, because now I only have the option Apple Store and known sources...

Thanks

If you used Sentinel app to install it just ran the app again and uninstall it?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Thanks

Remove profile, you can not using Profile and the command to disable Gatekeeper

- Do not use with any other similar tools.

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@eSaF In the past, i contribute to AudioGod thread by testing this Z390 Aorus Master. Randomly issues are persistant since 5 years, without finding causes ! For the macOS Update, there is a possibility for bad wifi connection time to time, is broking the process (I'm not sure).
I continue to use Clover but I have also a working OC EFI folder for this motherboard. God bless USB pendrive.
Since a hour, I reached to update to Beta 5.

I will continue to investigate what is wrong. Strangely, When I copy-paste file in EFI folder: blackscreen and underscore ! But it's OFF-Topic.
Thanks Bro.

@miliuco I hope you can help me.

I have z390 Aorus Master like you. It is my second working machine. Works like a dream. I give you my OC config.plist. Clover is not updated, but if you want it I'll make to work.

config.plist

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi all

I can't update Z390 machine to Beta 5. Because of error message below ! Sometime, I've Full update instead of delta but my system  loops on "macOS installer" !!!

Hi @Matgen84 all good guys trying help you! That's good! Her i notice that with Clover 5160 I get smooth and fast update to macOs Sequoia 15.1 by OTA update. 

So sorry for your issue and we can try help you

Spoiler

CapturadeTela2024-09-25s20_58_10.png.056d299cf75c5922422f75668881e66b.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, miliuco said:

@Matgen84

Please let me to see your EFI, Clover and OpenCore. If they are too big, send to me by any valid way (you can upload as ZIP to Wetransfer and send to me the link, no need to have target email).

Error in the pic (when updating) is Clover, OpenCore or both?

hi @miliuco you know I did warn you I was going to **** you 😆. I kind guy from Italian forum is already trying to help me with Clover but two eyes are better than one (Polyphemus meme). This is my messy OC EFI. It starts Sonoma but not Sequoia if i don't clear "amfi get off my way". The worst is I can't change the Privacy and Security app list and Skype (I use it to work) doesn't even start. If you can give it a look I would appreciate very much. 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hs0dn7kktxtabx2/OC.zip/file

skype.rtf

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Thanks

on setting, searching the : "profile", choice this , then click on - to remove the Disable Gatekeeper

Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 6.25.52 PM.png