[Pre Release] macOS Sequoia 15.1

103 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Do you want to be good at using OCLP? That is a decision that only you can make.

When I was learning to play guitar, I was too lazy to learn how to read music, so I asked others to show me how to play a song on their guitar and then I copied their finger positions and pick/strum patterns. That learning technique proved to be very limiting, since many times I could not learn to play a new song until someone showed me.

It wasn't until I decided that I really wanted to be good at playing the guitar that I made the commitment to learn to read music. Now, I can play with the best.  Now I don't need to ask others to do it for me.

The same is true for Open Core and with most things in life.

29 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

@Deeveedee and @Naiclube and  all other good guys!   :wink_anim:

Hello everyone, good afternoon and I hope you are well. 

I learned to play music by ear, but then I had to commit myself, like everything in life, to learn it myself. 

With Hackintosh it was no different, despite years of study and gaining a differentiated position in the legal field, I returned to my favorite hobby, and I continue to learn. 

But it's not easy, and it requires hours and hours of study and dedication, after all we don't have many sources. 

It took me 12 years between graduating from college and getting my job through a competition, a test to classify the best, in Brazil there are no appointments in public companies. And Hackintosh, by my count, is 25 years from 1999-2024, and I'm still learning.

Both Opencore and Clover require a lot of learning, but once configured, Clover still outperforms Opencore in many things. Much simpler and more robust, easy to update and simple to make the necessary updates. Opencore relies on OCAT, but manually it is not easy to deal with. But both are the best we have.

All the best to you

Reveal hidden contents

DB7EA20F-724B-4D01-A21B-8C3559B22382.thumb.jpg.fbda13d2769104b8e141647dea0f8bba.jpgIMG_8065.thumb.jpeg.4d946a33a5be17f484053888cfbac886.jpeg

Hello, I have captured the image for everyone to see.

@Max.1974 Are you a police officer?

However, if it weren't for all the developers, it wouldn't have been possible. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Spoiler

2567-09-2100_24_15.thumb.png.4a42aac6284f98060912f3af38c20c3d.png2567-09-2100_39_31.thumb.png.05dc430094f32ff7cb56686af1031eb3.png2567-09-2100_49_22.thumb.png.4549562d8ec73bf9be0b52a3c1915e78.png2567-09-2100_58_33.thumb.png.86ea95640af84c1bbda8bf861b914c31.png2567-09-2101_07_27.thumb.png.5ee6f28714e1065228ddbee5419def3a.png2567-09-2100_33_21.thumb.png.9a46bb823c8365af53ad28236432592a.png

Edited by naiclub
  • Thanks 1

@Naiclube

Hello my noble friend, it is a job that, as if I were the U.S. Marshall of the USA, I work for the Court of Justice. We are classified according to a consensus, where only those who do the best on the test questions pass, and after that we have financial stability and a career whose salary does not lag, and we move up in level. In Brazil we call it a public tender. My wife and I are from the same Court, and we have been married for 25 years. We have 2 teenage children and are doing well. Thank you my nobleman and I thank all the coders here too.

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 8

14 hours ago, deeveedee said:

Do you want to be good at using OCLP? That is a decision that only you can make.

When I was learning to play guitar, I was too lazy to learn how to read music, so I asked others to show me how to play a song on their guitar and then I copied their finger positions and pick/strum patterns. That learning technique proved to be very limiting, since many times I could not learn to play a new song until someone showed me.

It wasn't until I decided that I really wanted to be good at playing the guitar that I made the commitment to learn to read music. Now, I can play with the best.  Now I don't need to ask others to do it for me.

The same is true for Open Core and with most things in life.

well, think about Jimi. He could not read a note but he's the lead guitar in the Nazareth band Upstairs. Jesus pretends not to know how to play so they have a great time together. We poor mortals pretend to know a lot og things but thanks to developers and the stuff here we can surely make a mess. Kidding.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@naiclub Grandchild, why did you assume that the link I provided was for version 2.4.0 without actually trying it first?  If I didn't know you better, I'd think you were giving up too easily.

I'm sorry, grandma. I misunderstood it and thought it was 2.4.0. Actually, I downloaded it from here last Thursday, but I don't remember where I downloaded it from. Please forgive me. Thank you very much, grandma.

Edited by naiclub
  • Like 3

Has anyone figured out why BluetoolFixup.kext breaks incremental macOS updates?  Details below...

Previously, when we discussed BluetoolFixup.kext interference with incremental macOS updates, I misunderstood the reported issue and thought that folks experiencing the problem were reporting that their Macs were not detecting macOS updates.  Thanks to help from @ird, I now understand that the macOS update issue is that incremental macOS updates fail when BluetoolFixup.kext is injected and OTA forces a "full" (not incremental) macOS update.  I never noticed this problem with my HackBookPro6,2, because it always has OCLP post-install patches which cause the installation of a "full" (not incremental) macOS update (with or without BluetoolFixup.kext).

Now that I am testing Intel Bluetooth (and I'm using BluetoolFixup.kext) on my HackMIni8,1 (which does not have any OCLP post-install patches), macOS incremental updates fail and OTA forces a full macOS update.  If I disable BluetoolFixup.kext (making no other changes), incremental macOS updates work fine.  I'm currently testing this BluetoolFixup.kext issue with the Sequoia 15.1 Beta 5 update.

Has anyone figured out why BluetoolFixup.kext breaks incremental macOS updates?

EDIT: I am using BluetoolFixup.kext v2.6.7 v2.6.8 with boot-arg -lilubetaall (for Sequoia testing).

EDIT2: After disabling BluetoolFixup.kext for the initial download and processing stage of the Incremental update, the incremental update from Sequoia 15.1 Beta 4 to Beta 5 proceeded without issues.  I re-enabled BluetoolFixup.kext after phase 1 of the incremental update and the update completed with BluetoolFixup.kext enabled.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-09-23at2_41_11PM.png.0f19c58a0623e329dcf8a5d47ee7abde.png

Edited by deeveedee
Fixed typo in BluetoolFixup.kext version
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, deeveedee said:

Has anyone figured out why BluetoolFixup.kext breaks incremental macOS updates?  Details below...

Previously, when we discussed BluetoolFixup.kext interference with incremental macOS updates, I misunderstood the reported issue and thought that folks experiencing the problem were reporting that their Macs were not detecting macOS updates.  Thanks to help from @ird, I now understand that the macOS update issue is that incremental macOS updates fail when BluetoolFixup.kext is injected and OTA forces a "full" (not incremental) macOS update.  I never noticed this problem with my HackBookPro6,2, because it always has OCLP post-install patches which cause the installation of a "full" (not incremental) macOS update (with or without BluetoolFixup.kext).

Now that I am testing Intel Bluetooth (and I'm using BluetoolFixup.kext) on my HackMIni8,1 (which does not have any OCLP post-install patches), macOS incremental updates fail and OTA forces a full macOS update.  If I disable BluetoolFixup.kext (making no other changes), incremental macOS updates work fine.  I'm currently testing this BluetoolFixup.kext issue with the Sequoia 15.1 Beta 5 update.

Has anyone figured out why BluetoolFixup.kext breaks incremental macOS updates?

EDIT: I am using BluetoolFixup.kext v2.6.7 with boot-arg -lilubetaall (for Sequoia testing).

EDIT2: After disabling BluetoolFixup.kext for the initial download and processing stage of the Incremental update, the incremental update from Sequoia 15.1 Beta 4 to Beta 5 proceeded without issues.  I re-enabled BluetoolFixup.kext after phase 1 of the incremental update and the update completed with BluetoolFixup.kext enabled.

Hide contents

Screenshot2024-09-23at2_41_11PM.png.0f19c58a0623e329dcf8a5d47ee7abde.png

A small problem is similar to mine. If I turn on Bluetooth + Wi-Fi while updating, it will gradually decrease from full power to 98% for a while. So I turned off WiFi + Bluetooth. Now it's loaded fully. I don't know what the cause is.

A little off topic.... I'm updating Ventura. I will gradually update.

Update 1.7gb when almost finished, it bounced an error and then started downloading again to 14gb. Now it's finished.

Spoiler

2567-09-2405_50_12.png.da571ad8685d0dc83a132498c7a377e2.png

edit...  Now there is a new problem: Bluetooth doesn't work. But it's not a big problem because I don't use it very often.

Edited by naiclub
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, deeveedee said:

Because of this.

I think it's like what my grandma said. Next time, I will turn off Bluetooth before updating. (BluetoolFixup.kext+IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext+IntelBTPatcher.kext) by clicking and exiting the snapshot.