- Running sanity checks before patching
- Running patches for Z790 Nova WiFi
- Running Preflight Checks before patching
- Found SkylightPlugins folder, removing old plugins
- Cleaning Auxiliary Kernel Collection
- Finished Preflight, starting patching
- Installing Patchset: Modern Wireless
- Handling Installs in: /usr/libexec
  - Found existing airportd, overwriting...
  - Found existing wifip2pd, overwriting...
- Handling Installs in: /System/Library/CoreServices
  - Found existing WiFiAgent.app, overwriting...
- Handling Installs in: /System/Library/Frameworks
  - Installing: CoreWLAN.framework
- Handling Installs in: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks
  - Installing: CoreWiFi.framework
  - Installing: IO80211.framework
  - Installing: WiFiPeerToPeer.framework
- Writing patchset information to Root Volume
- Checking if RSRMonitor is needed
- No kexts found with GPUCompanionBundles, skipping RSRMonitor
- Installing com.dortania.opencore-legacy-patcher.auto-patch.plist
  - com.dortania.opencore-legacy-patcher.auto-patch.plist checksums match, skipping
- Installing com.dortania.opencore-legacy-patcher.macos-update.plist
  - com.dortania.opencore-legacy-patcher.macos-update.plist checksums match, skipping
- Building new Auxiliary Kernel Collection
- Unable to build Auxiliary Kernel Collection
Subprocess failed.
    Command: ['/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.dortania.opencore-legacy-patcher.privileged-helper', '/usr/bin/kmutil', 'create', '--allow-missing-kdk', '--new', 'aux', '--boot-path', '/System/Volumes/Update/mnt1/System/Library/KernelCollections/BootKernelExtensions.kc', '--system-path', '/System/Volumes/Update/mnt1/System/Library/KernelCollections/SystemKernelExtensions.kc']
    Return Code: 31
    Standard Output:
        No variant specified, falling back to release
        No variant specified, falling back to release
        Error Domain=KMErrorDomain Code=31 "Error occurred while building a collection: Cannot build collection without binaries as only 1 codeless kexts provided" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Error occurred while building a collection: Cannot build collection without binaries as only 1 codeless kexts provided}
    Standard Error:
        None

I installed macos v15 and when tried to post-install OCLP root patches my system would constantly reboot when loading. I then followed the instructions here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/TROUBLESHOOTING.html#stuck-on-boot-after-root-patching My system booted fine after following the instructions but when I tried to apply the post install root patches I got the above output.

Now I am trying to reinstall the OS via recovery, if that won't help then any suggestion would be greatly appreciated! 

thanks!🙏🏻 

efi-old.7z

Edited by panosru

Reinstalling the os allowed OCLP Patcher to install the post-install root patches, but then after rebooting it stuck on Apple logo with loading somewhere before halfway.

I tried again by changing csr-active-config from 03080000 to 030A0000 and then rebooted, cleared NVRAM a couple of times and applied the root patches but I am still stuck on rebooting. To be able to boot back to Sequoia I had to enter recovery mode and just run these:

# mount -uw /Volumes/macOS
# bless --mount /Volumes/macOS --bootefi --last-sealed-snapshot
# reboot

WiFi is not working without the root patch if you are on a Broadcom WiFi adapter. Maybe the next version of OCLP will resolve this.

Oh, I forgot to attach my EFI indeed! Here it is.

A friend of mine made me a new EFI which is different from this and with the new EFI I can apply the root patches with no issues, everything works fine except that I am getting a new issue. But I don't want to mix the new issue in this post, I try to figure out why my EFI did not work and the new one works. They are completely different so when I tried to diff them there was no point. Currently, I added my old EFI and I am trying to apply the changes one by one from the new EFI until I find the point that made the new EFI work.

PS: I attached the old EFI to my original post.

efi-new.7z

• Like 1

@panosru  I fix somethings in your EFI, you are using two plugins that is originally from AirportBrcmFixup.kext, and one of them is not compatible with some modern wireless cards. 

Some patches in kernel you not add, and your Processor need them. Check your BIOS, if need update, and be configure for Hackitosh, run LoadOptimal Defaults and XHCI enable.

Need Reset Nvram 

Hope help you

EFI OC i7-13700K.zip

PS: I change some kexts and add others, if you not update Lilu Virtual and WEG, maybe you will need use this boot-arg:    -lilubetaall 

Good Lucky 

:plane:

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I managed to pinpoint the issue of not being able to boot with my old EFI. It was because of AMFIPass.kext v1.4.2, I reverted to AMFIPAss.kext v1.4.1 and it boots.

Thank you @Max.1974 for the suggested EFI! As I can see it is based on the new EFI that I posted, I have a few questions if you don't mind answering when you have the time :)

1. I noticed that you placed the AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector above AirportBrcmFixup kext, if I'm not wrong, that way the Injectors is practically ignored since it is loaded before the Fixup kext, no?
  2. Since ASRock has two USB controllers, one ASMedia and one Intel, shouldn't I also include ASMedia.kext?
  3. For FeatureUnlock.kext shouldn't I also add a patch or a boot flag or something in order for the kext to work?
  4. I added  revpatch=sbvmm in order to be able to upgrade macOS because after rooting patches you can't upgrade if you don't uninstall the patches first, isn't that necessary any more?

Now I am trying to figure out how can I use my USBMap.kext from my old EFI instead of USBPro.kext from my new EFI. The USBMap kext is not working with the current ACPI settings, I believe at least one aml file interferes with it. So far this is my EFI (USB is not working, unfortunately, but I'm working on it).

efi.7z

• Like 1

Hi @panosru  my friend, you are welcome! 

You need check what kexts to enable Wireless you really need, test one by one

I recommend always you use first, USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-Unsupported.kext (only for install system, after run need exclude and left only USBInjectAll.kext)

USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-Unsupported.kext release from gihub: https://github.com/daliansky/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/releases/tag/v0.8.0 

I not mentioned nothing but I presume that you will got issues. After that, try create your Usbmap.kext using CorpNewT. I use only one XCHI reader. 

I made a video explain how important is compile your own SSDT RHUB usb ports, and Mapping your devices. 

revpatch=sbvmm and others patchs is necessary to receive notifications for updates, if you wanted.

Please watch this 2 videos produced by myself to help some friend mine:

With Google Chrome or Firefox you can watch 4k resolution in macOs. 

Mapping USBMap .kext and after check all ports, change again extracted with USBmap.kext another kext:  Usbports.kext from Hackintool app.  Them you change for this kext and remove USBmap.kext. 

See here: 

Spoiler

Compile your SSDT-RHUB with UCP method modifying for Apple system can read HDD's SSD's and Nvme, 3.0 pen drives, RHUBS 3.0 5Gb, 10 Gb

Spoiler

My print from Hackintool  USB Menu I have only one XHCI reader. 

Spoiler

CapturadeTela2024-09-23s23_17_36.thumb.png.2554243791386b99f3cc6e318894d9da.png

FeatureUnlock.kext not need any patch, but to "read" by Opencore, its necessary use OC Clean Snapshot from ProprerTree. This kext is important to new generations of intel above 10th like Raptor Lake, Alder Lake, I always use and my boot time is reduced to 10 or 8 seconds with Clover.  

Hope all this little things help you, or you can ask help for professionals like @MaLd0n ! 

Good Lucky 

:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1

I Have Different Type Of Error

When Trying To Make USB Installer It Comes Up With nan Instead Of 0 

And Halts There

Background Task Is Still Accessing The USB As I Can't Eject It 

Edit:

Running OCLP A Second Time Works As Expected, Although A Little Slower

The Resulting USB Can Boot Into The Installer BUT

It Says Re-Install macOS Sequoia

Clicking On This Results In NO INTERNET CONNECTION, WTF

Obviously If It Says Re-Install Bla Bla, It Needs An Internet Connection

Now Trying A Straight Install From Senoma, And See What Happens

Edit1:

Just Ran Installer From Running OS And Pointed It To The Drive I Wanted To Install

It On. Ran OCLP And All Is Well

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 1

I ended up with this EFI. So far it seems to be very stable and working well. One issue that I have noticed so far is that apps like FB messenger and Viber, take too long to update for new messages, especially Viber does not get messages until I close it. But I tried my old EFI and the behaviour is the same, so I'm not sure if I should blame the EFI. I'm not very sure if the CPU works as supposed to work, I guess it does, but I would love to get feedback about the aml files that contribute to the proper CPU work. Also, I'm not sure about the DMAR in ACPI -> Delete and the patches under ACPI. I just left them there without really knowing what most of them do. efi.7z

efi.7z