[Release] macOS Sequoia 15.0

183 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Not sure if it’s macOS related or OpenCore but I have installed Sequoia release on a HP envy 8th gen and it runs great but it won’t boot from internal EFI after copying from USB. It just gets stuck at exit:bs log etc. booting the exact same EFI from USB works flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same as me, I think it's related to NVRAM
Remember the previous boot value and at the same time it will be stuck at the place you specified
I suggest you restart 1-2 times and it will be normal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naiclub said:

I suggest you restart 1-2 times and it will be normal.

Also I would suggest to run 'First Aid' on the disk in 'Disk Utility' when you reach the desktop and look for any anomalies in the generated readout.

Reboot and clean NvRAM at least twice may help the situation.

If you've faithfully copied the EFI Folder from the installation USB to the drive, there should be no reason what so ever to be failing to boot from the main drive.

Other than that, I would suspect either the integrity of the EFI Partition of the Drive or the whole drive it self.

Hope you find the solution.

Good luck.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, eSaF said:

Also I would suggest to run 'First Aid' on the disk in 'Disk Utility' when you reach the desktop and look for any anomalies in the generated readout.

Reboot and clean NvRAM at least twice may help the situation.

If you've faithfully copied the EFI Folder from the installation USB to the drive, there should be no reason what so ever to be failing to boot from the main drive.

Other than that, I would suspect either the integrity of the EFI Partition of the Drive or the whole drive it self.

Hope you find the solution.

Good luck.

14 hours ago, taqieallah said:

try to remove -v

In my case, it's a little different. It only happens when switching between OPENCORE and CLOVER. That's it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naiclub said:

In my case, it's a little different. It only happens when switching between OPENCORE and CLOVER. That's it.

IMHO that right there is inviting problems.

Let me explain, if I am multi-booting with different OS versions whether they are on the same drive or their own respective drives there is no way I would use different boot loaders, it is one or the other.

Not both. Even If I was that way incline, I would at least use one on a USB Drive to boot from.

That way it would greatly reduce any corruption of files, but if that is your thing then by all means.

In my system I have Windows, Sonoma and Sequoia all on separate drives with one EFI Folder on the EFI Partition of the Sequoia drive that gives me access to all to choose from.

Lately I have been re-educating my self on Clover by building a bootable EFI Folder. This was all done on a spare USB Drive, after a few trials and errors I managed to construct a bootable working EFI.

Even as I got it to work, there is not a chance I would use it along side my working OC configuration.

It is staying on that USB drive just to play with or in an emergency, but mixing the two for daily operation??!! Never. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Not sure if it’s macOS related or OpenCore but I have installed Sequoia release on a HP envy 8th gen and it runs great but it won’t boot from internal EFI after copying from USB. It just gets stuck at exit:bs log etc. booting the exact same EFI from USB works flawless.

With all the details you provided, my best guess is a frayed power cord. :lol:

Start here and double-check your work.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, eSaF said:

IMHO that right there is inviting problems.

Let me explain, if I am multi-booting with different OS versions whether they are on the same drive or their own respective drives there is no way I would use different boot loaders, it is one or the other.

Not both. Even If I was that way incline, I would at least use one on a USB Drive to boot from.

That way it would greatly reduce any corruption of files, but if that is your thing then by all means.

In my system I have Windows, Sonoma and Sequoia all on separate drives with one EFI Folder on the EFI Partition of the Sequoia drive that gives me access to all to choose from.

Lately I have been re-educating my self on Clover by building a bootable EFI Folder. This was all done on a spare USB Drive, after a few trials and errors I managed to construct a bootable working EFI.

Even as I got it to work, there is not a chance I would use it along side my working OC configuration.

It is staying on that USB drive just to play with or in an emergency, but mixing the two for daily operation??!! Never. 

Well I just do the same thing. Clover on usb to test and OC on Sonoma ssd, I'm afraid both of them are quite a mess. BTW they boot. 

Unfortunately, because of my failures, it happens I'm beginning to talk with myself like Tom Hiddleston impersonating Christopher Walken.

Your help (if possible) could preventi this tragedy and give me back some puntuaction.

Thanks

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, eSaF said:

You should remember to clean the NvRAM at least twice after each one.

Thanks. I already do it, especially when I use Clover. Seriously, as I wrote in other posts, my problem is fixing my EFI. I read and followed many suggests and the Dortania guide but the strange behaviour with some apps and the privacy and security issues must be EFI related. I'll work on it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bluenote56 said:

Thanks. I already do it, especially when I use Clover. Seriously, as I wrote in other posts, my problem is fixing my EFI. I read and followed many suggests and the Dortania guide but the strange behaviour with some apps and the privacy and security issues must be EFI related. I'll work on it.

If the EFI is for the MSI Z390, zip and post it here, let's see what can be done to improve or correct it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, eSaF said:

If the EFI is for the MSI Z390, zip and post it here, let's see what can be done to improve or correct it.

Thank you so much for helping me. Here's the link to my EFI (too big folder) 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9mffspsmzoubzik/efi.zip/file

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, PPCnostalgic said:

Good evening. Do you have 4x16Gb Ram sticks and, if yes, did you see a message about Ram not installed in the correct way?

Hi there, I fix that with description of my memories on SMBIOS from Clover and boot-args on Clover boot section with:    revcpu=1     revpatch=cpuname,sbvmm,diskread,pci 

Credits for: @Alpha22 and @MaLd0n 

Need use RestrictEvents kext 

Dortania instructions: Fixing MacPro7,1 Memory Errors

See: 

Spoiler

Captura de Tela 2024-10-04 às 13.01.09.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PPCnostalgic said:

You did a very good job, I'm on OpenCore and I have to find a way to replcate what you did with Clover.

Thank you for your hint, I'll try to do something similar with OpenCore..

Thanks  @PPCnostalgic are you try use boot args like im post above? I almost sure you can fix that 

In fact I pass a few hours making manually, save your plist because Clover Configurator deleted eventually 

:wink_anim:

Edited by Max.1974