[Release] macOS Sequoia 15.0

Wayang-NT
83 posts in this topic

Yea same build number, but just for the heck of it I did a clean install.

Nothing wrong with a bit of spring cleaning now and again on the system.

I tend to think it gets rid of any potential hiccups.

Plus I always notice how much faster the system is even after loading up all my apps.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

Yea same build number, but just for the heck of it I did a clean install.

Nothing wrong with a bit of spring cleaning now and again on the system.

I tend to think it gets rid of any potential hiccups.

Plus I always notice how much faster the system is even after loading up all my apps.

YA Just showing off now🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Installed final Sequoia 15 after downloading the full installer as Software Update didn't show the update.

As already said, build number is the same and most likely there have been no changes since the RC but I wanted to install it anyway.
iMac19,1 + OC 1.0.1.
The process has gone without issues.
I have tested OCLP 2.0.1 with Fenvi Wi-Fi with success.
Later I will also try Intel AX210 Wi-Fi.
Everything seems to work fine.
The only (small) negative thing is when booting, when I see the Apple logo and the progress bar, the bar stops for a few seconds before going to a black screen before the Desktop, in previous macOS (Monterey, Ventura, Sonoma) the bar does not stop and is visible for a shorter period of time.

Edited by miliuco
Fix typo
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Installed final Sequoia 15 after downloading the full installer as Software Update didn't show the update.

As already said, build number is the same and most likely there have been no changes since the RC but I wanted to install it anyway.
iMac19,1 + OC 1.0.1.
The process has gone without issues.
I have tested OCLP 2.0.1 with Fenvi Wi-Fi with success.
Later I will also try Intel AX210 Wi-Fi.
Everything seems to work fine.
The only (small) negative thing is when booting, when I see the Apple logo and the progress bar, the bar stops for a few seconds before going to a black screen before the Desktop, in previous macOS (Monterey, Ventura, Sonoma) the bar does not stop and is visible for a shorter period of time.

@miliuco Interesting finding. For me that behavior (the bar stopping for a few seconds before going to a black screen before the Desktop finally loading) has been always there since I built my hackintosh and installed Ventura almost 2 years ago.

• Like 1

For those experiencing non-working Ethernet in Sequoia 15.0, an easy work-around is posted here.  I have confirmed that, for me, this Ethernet problem re-appeared with Sequoia 15.0 RC after having been resolved in Sequoia 15.0 Beta 3.  I'm staying with Sonoma (where the Ethernet problem does not occur) as my production macOS for now.  This is not unusual for me, since I don't switch to the new macOS until required for Xcode updates.

• Like 2

About to fresh install on both my machines. The lenovo hd520 6th gen and the mbp 2012 13 ;)

All tests went fine. Now its the end game and final test for daily drive. Specially for my mbp 2012. Ventura there was snappy for daily, lets see if sequoia will do the trick too.

PS. Already miss the pre release topic that ive followed and posted since day one :)

@jlrycm

In the system of my signature, when OpenCore picker turns off I see Apple logo and progress bar for about 4-6", then black screen for another 4-5" and I get to Desktop. This has been happening for quite a while, Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma. Time from picker to Desktop is about 10".
On Sequoia (beta, RC and final) the difference is in the Apple logo and progress bar which advances as usual until it stops for 6-8" so, in total, time from picker to Desktop is about 16-18". No big difference but I can't find the cause of that delay.
With the same EFI and config.plist settings.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@jlrycm

In the system of my signature, when OpenCore picker turns off I see Apple logo and progress bar for about 4-6", then black screen for another 4-5" and I get to Desktop. This has been happening for quite a while, Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma. Time from picker to Desktop is about 10".
On Sequoia (beta, RC and final) the difference is in the Apple logo and progress bar which advances as usual until it stops for 6-8" so, in total, time from picker to Desktop is about 16-18". No big difference but I can't find the cause of that delay.
With the same EFI and config.plist settings.

Just curious - are you defining DeviceProperty AAPL,boot-display?  Use of this property (correctly or incorrectly) will influence display of the Apple Logo during Phase 2 of the boot cycle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deeveedee said:

Just curious - are you defining DeviceProperty AAPL,boot-display?  Use of this property (correctly or incorrectly) will influence display of the Apple Logo during Phase 2 of the boot cycle.

Not used, I'll try and comment, thanks.

But where does it go? Inside dGPU PCI path?  Is property name @0,AAPL,boot-display? Type and values? 

Thanks again.

24 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Not used, I'll try and comment, thanks.

But where does it go? Inside dGPU PCI path?  Is property name @0,AAPL,boot-display? Type and values? 

Thanks again.

I think you stated its use correctly, but just to be sure, you can look at my use of it in the EFI attached here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

At least now I have an update to test why updates don't show up!

My OC 1.0.1 EFI folder shows the update fine but the OC 1.0.2 EFI folder refuses to, has to be a kext...right?!?

Have you diff'd the config.plists in your two EFIs?

7 hours ago, FirstTimeCustomac said:

Thanks for sharing your config. I still get stuck at the missing cpu line with your shared config setup which leads me to think it's probably something specific to my machine. Will investigate more. Thanks again.

I have the same issue as yours in my LGA775 hackintosh to boot Sequotia, but no such an issue from Big Sur to Sonoma.

Is it due to hardware dependence or something else (e.g. we need FADT.aml, DMAR.aml & SSDT-ALL.aml from Stefanalmare  plus extra kernel patches ?}

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1