Hand Off to iPhone Camera by USB or Wireless in Sequoia Possible Fix

eSaF

39 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Hey @eSaF My WIFI card and adapter finally arrived. Will tell you more about that once I manage to boot my system. LOL.

Make sure your OC and all kexts within are all the latest versions.

Including the latest version AMFIPass.kext, see my attached kexts for OCLP versions and arranged order in the kext tree which will help.

Also see my entries in boot-arg, after you make any changes within the EFI Folder, reboot and clean NvRAM.

On reboot attach the iPhone to P/C by USB Cable and try 'Hand Off' to iPhone Camera via the Photo Booth app (this is an easy one to started).

If that proves successful, remove the USB Cable and try 'Hand Off' wireless connection via the same app.

If all is well, now try F/Time same method.

image.thumb.png.c30485643da609da4060c8bb7f43bb62.png

Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 18.19.44.png

Finally managed to get it to work! :) The issue was not the kext order or kext version...but the fact that the com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily kext needs to also be Blocked (set to Disable). After that, I was able to boot successfully.

Now, for the test:

1. Airdrop seems to be working fine

2. HandOff is working fine if I try to take a photo using the iPhone. And it works both with USB and WIFI.

However, PhotoBooth doesn't seem to open the iPhone's camera, regardless of connection type. Despite the fact that looks like the OS does recognise the connected iPhone (15 in my case). Also, FaceTime doesn't seem to recognise the camera.

Scratch that. For some reason, they both started to work. Both with USB and WIFI. It took it like a good 10 minutes to start (while I was typing this, it just started to work LOL). Pretty smooth too!

Screenshot2024-09-16at21_50_41.thumb.png.75b110eb9b699ec1ef36d88c4fbfc154.png

Will test more tomorrow. :)  But so far so good. I'm super happy that BT is working natively!

By the way, I didn't get the Fenvi card. I got the BCM943602CDP card and this adapter.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Will test more tomorrow. :)  But so far so good. I'm super happy that BT is working natively!

By the way, I didn't get the Fenvi card. I got the BCM943602CDP card and this adapter.

Well Done!!! :thumbsup_anim:

That's what I like to hear, success stories. Yes sometimes it takes a few seconds to kick in.

Enjoy!!! :yes:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, eSaF said:

@arsradu - When you get a moment can you remove your personal data and upload your config.plist.

Hopefully it will help others to get their 'Hand Off' to iPhone working by comparing their config with yours.

Thanks.

Morning! Sure!

I've cleaned up the SMBIOS part.

I've removed the boot args since I don't need to debug anymore (so no -v). -lilubetaall is also no longer necessary if all kexts are up to date. And I'm still a bit confused as to what exactly does the revpatch=sbvmm parameter does. So while I clarify that, I removed it, too. I prefer to have only the things that I need and add other stuff only if necessary.

I saw this being related to Restrict(ed) Events. I think that's a new thing, right? I don't remember seeing it with older versions of MacOS. Seems to have something to do with OTA updates. But I'm not sure how exactly does that work in real life. I mean, does it allow for delta updates instead of 15GB full installers? If so, then I might wanna add that too. :D

Anyway, if any questions, I'd be happy to help.

As I was saying before, so far so good. Everything seems to be working normally. Except for a slight delay (couple of minutes or so) detecting the camera with PhotoBooth (I think FaceTime, too).

Will test a bit more these days when I get the time. But I wanted to share this with you so you can take a look, in case there's something you, or other people, might find useful.

config test.plist.zip

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@arsradu - thank you, you are a Star!!!

The revpatch=sbvmm boot-arg coupled with the RestrictEvent.kext enables one to receive incremental Updates when available.

Yes you'll need to add those two back to get the smaller update files.

They only come into play at that time so no need to worry about it as yet.

You'll still get the Updates without them but the full 14GB or so large file.

You can try testing 'Hand Off' to Camera in Quick Time also by hitting New Movie in Quick Time setting Menu.

Continue to Enjoy. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2

hi I'm still not having luck I reinstalled Mac Sequoia from scratch updated mu iPhone SE to iOS 18 but continuity camera only on usb airdrop working both ways even with wifi but continuity only on usb if I start it on wifi nothing back screen on camera of laptop

PS by the way screen mirroring does not work either

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 17.19.09.png

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 17.19.24.png

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 17.19.59.png

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 17.21.00.png

17 minutes ago, robi62 said:

PS by the way screen mirroring does not work either

I don't think that feature is available to European Countries at the moment.

If you can get 'Hand Off' to iPhone Camera via USB, try wireless and at the Black Screen just leave it like that for sometime.

Another poster said that his stated working after about 10 minutes.

Yes it is a long time but they reported it is working wireless as well as USB connection.

• Like 1

Indeed. I can confirm on my MBP that the iPhone Mirroring feature is not available in the EU. Why? No idea... Doesn't make any sense to me. But yeah...it's not available. Just like the AI features are not available. But I don't miss them at all. So that's fine for me.

image.png.4b31ecc22d14a98e9f37121fd5820e34.png

• Like 1

@arsradu that is weird im in Spain so I should get same message as you about Iphone mirroring but I don't

Also which skywalk kext do you use ??? it says 1.0 version but is it the latest one made for Sequoia???

As you can see in my config it shows version 1.2.0 I edited plist so I really know which version it is

by the way if block completely skywalk as in your config my laptop won't boot something about no kexts summary .... 

This is config I use

config.plist.zip

23 minutes ago, robi62 said:

@arsradu that is weird im in Spain so I should get same message as you about Iphone mirroring but I don't

Also which skywalk kext do you use ??? it says 1.0 version but is it the latest one made for Sequoia???

As you can see in my config it shows version 1.2.0 I edited plist so I really know which version it is

by the way if block completely skywalk as in your config my laptop won't boot something about no kexts summary .... 

This is config I use

config.plist.zip 6.88 kB · 0 downloads

The kexts I use for WIFI are from OCLP github page here.

The message above is from a real M1 Pro MacBook Pro. So I expect it to be correct. If you tried this on a Hack...that might be why you're getting different results. In fact, I'm getting the exact same result. I was even surprised it started in the first place. Because, on my MBP it just shows that message. It doesn't even start.

I don't know how it is on your computer. I know on laptops, it's a lot more difficult to get things done. And I have almost 0 experience with hackintosh laptops. On my desktop, it doesn't boot if I don't block that in config. :))

I think you might have also had some missing quirks and stuff. Make a backup of your current config and try this one. Let me know if it works for you. Maybe also clear nvram.

config.plist.zip

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

@arsradu it did not make any difference only working with usb Thanks for trying

I have actually bought yesterday a MacBook Air 2015 quite cheap Im going to try with that when I get it  and see the result

All what really matters to me is send and receive files with airdrop so Im happy if it does

Edited by robi62
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, MacNB said:

AFIK iPhone Mirroring is only supported on Macs with Apple Silicon or Macs with T2 chip.

Using a hack with an SMBIOS of a Mac with a T2 chip is not enough as a physical T2 is needed.

See https://support.apple.com/en-us/120421 and scroll down to "iPhone Mirroring system requirements"

OCLP team have stated the same.

@MacNB Thanks for that I did not know