Sonoma 14.6.1 with OCLP and the Privacy & Security issues

XanthraX

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

First, I want to thank everyone for the contribution of keeping this forum alive and for the useful advices.

My problem is, I have Sonoma installed, used OCLP to can have a Fenvi wi-fi card functional. I have problems with all apps that record screen, because I cannot add them to Privacy & Security > Screen recording and Privacy & Security > Microphone. The same with D.I.M. the last version, I cannot add it to P.&.S. > Automation. I also have a i7 based BacBook Pro 2012. I installed Sonoma there, using OCLP too and these problems are not there. Looking in Apple responses, it says is being related with SIP off. But on the MBP, the SIP is also off and everything works. Is something about the settings in Open Core? Is someone of you encountered the same issues and found a solution? The specs is the first computer in my signature. I tried tccutil command. Not works.

I'd be very grateful if only the ones who has this problem and found a solution to answer. 

Thank you.

Respects

Edited by XanthraX

I found a temporary solution somewhere: Open the app which needs approval thru Terminal. /Applications/App*/Contents/MacOS/App Hit Enter then grant access thru Terminal. It may work for some apps.

• Like 1

You can try with This It base on Apple scptl command line

I dont have 14.6 but I will try to update a laptop runing 14.5 to 14.7 Dev Beta tonight

Edited by chris1111

Hi @chris1111 I will try the new one. I tried the first one and nothing happened. It is weird, after the restart, the date & time appear in menubar grayed out. I have to click the control centre icon, then to click the work focus, which is set that time and only than, the time & date appears black. I still have to dig. I appreciate your products, especially DropEfi.

Unfortunately not working.... “It says to insert password to proceed”, but no dialog to insert password appears. If I type password in the terminal window it takes me out (press any key to return to the menu). And the gatekeeper is still enabled. Am I wrong?

image.png.540ab012a3e52f7f16f7be3fd9df0193.pngimage.png.0dc5e956f9745bb30649f5b27041b8b5.png

Edited by XanthraX
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Maybe your Beta 14.6.1 is corrupt?

You can try update to 14.7 then also update OCLP ?

I am on 14.7, not 14.6.1. It is installed on the second SSD and this is the same. I suspect something in my hardware. I could install Sequoia with OCLP on the other Hackintosh (the same mobo, but an i3, here is i5, both Coffeelake) and there everything is ok. Here even Firefox not works, but Librewolf works. I am confused. I remade the OC. Nothing happens. I avoid to install beta OS'es, because I work with this computer.

image.png.542596244c7298b0dffebeea022d0b35.png

Edited by XanthraX

Hi @chris1111 & everyone. It was my mistake in making the config.plist. I revised it and now everything works. I post here the screenshot of my wrong kernel section if someone else encounters the same problem to check here. I did not mention min kernel to 23.0.0 to amfipass.kext and not put it in the list after IO20811FamilyLegacy.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcnNic.kext. The topic can be closed. 

image.thumb.png.eb06ec97123f651ed1e46a3942bef497.png

Edited by XanthraX
  • Like 2

On 9/19/2024 at 12:18 PM, XanthraX said:

Hi @chris1111 & everyone. It was my mistake in making the config.plist. I revised it and now everything works. I post here the screenshot of my wrong kernel section if someone else encounters the same problem to check here. I did not mention min kernel to 23.0.0 to amfipass.kext and not put it in the list after IO20811FamilyLegacy.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcnNic.kext. The topic can be closed. 

image.thumb.png.eb06ec97123f651ed1e46a3942bef497.png

Thanks for sharing. I have this issue and I tried adding missing kexts and following your instructions. I probably made mistakes 'cause it did't work. If i keep IOSkywalkFamily.kext I get a kernel panic. I'll check and give feedback,

On 9/21/2024 at 1:10 PM, bluenote56 said:

Thanks for sharing. I have this issue and I tried adding missing kexts and following your instructions. I probably made mistakes 'cause it did't work. If i keep IOSkywalkFamily.kext I get a kernel panic. I'll check and give feedback,

I mean the four kext entrances in Kernel section should be kept together in that order: 1) IOSkywalkFamily.kext, 2) IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext, 3) IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext/Contents/Plugins/AirPortBrcmNIC.kext (it is included in the 2) ) 4) AMFIPass.kext. then do not forget to do what it is in the screenshot: Probably that's why you got KP at IOSkywalkFamily.kext.

image.thumb.png.9a255501d1cd4cd5d4d405c389f51c23.png

7 hours ago, XanthraX said:

I mean the four kext entrances in Kernel section should be kept together in that order: 1) IOSkywalkFamily.kext, 2) IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext, 3) IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext/Contents/Plugins/AirPortBrcmNIC.kext (it is included in the 2) ) 4) AMFIPass.kext. then do not forget to do what it is in the screenshot: Probably that's why you got KP at IOSkywalkFamily.kext.

image.thumb.png.9a255501d1cd4cd5d4d405c389f51c23.png

Well thanks for your help but I have a messy Sonoma build. I could get bluetooth working trough an old efi I had even if it's not my main concern. Prime App and Skype App don't work ( they do in browser). I can't have WhatsApp working if I start with  the amfi get of my way thing.It work only without.  Anyway I must work harder on my EFI and try to understand what causes this f**** issue with Privacy and Security. I will focus on my Sonoma installation before fixing Sequoia. Sometimes I must wash my  brain when it goes nowhere to see mistakes otherwise you just make it worser. When younger I had a good way to clear my mind and everything was clearer after the " sorry business meeting I'll be late" but now it's a little bit more difficult to achieve.  

Multumesc