Asus Prime Z270-K

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Thanks. I already found a package for a 270-P. This one has the same audio chip as my board, but a different ethernet chip.

In this package were OpenCore and Clover EFI folders. I installed Clover on a 512 MB MBR USB stick as quick'n'dirty solution.

Actually I'm creating an macOS 14.6 beta USB install on my MacBookPro11,5 which works with OpenCore Legacy Patcher.

Let's see if this is enough to install OS X.

Is the Radeon HD7870 supported in Sonoma? What would be a more modern AMD graphics card which isn't so expensive?

I don't need much power, I'm doing only graphics work. But it should support at least three monitors, one has to be 4K.

Edited by naquaada

The Rx 560 is ok for me, not expensive and the power consumption is accectable.

Are the known manufacturers issuses? My graphics cards were all from Sapphire.

So, I'm nearly finished. I could install Sonoma 14.6 Beta, but the Migration Assistent didn't work so I cloned the

Sonoma 14.5 installation of my MacBook Pro. It worked without major problems.

Working:

- Audio

- Intel HD 630 Graphics

- Sleep

The ALC audio ID is 52, it now has Line Out, Headphones and Digital Out. However, only Line Out is tested.

To get the Intel Graphics working, I had to use the boot args igfxmpc=1 agdpmod=vid9696

HDMI audio is also working, my Iiyama monitor has inbuilt speakers.

Not working:

- DVI-Digital

- Black Screen after Sleep

- NVME shows up as SATA

I would like to get the DVI port working. I have two device ID's, 59120000 and 5916000 listed in IORegistryManager.

However, 5916 is a laptop version. This board has HDMI, DVI and VGA. Framebuffer patching is too difficult for me,

my last real installation was Mojave on Clover several years ago.

In System Profiler are no NMVE devices listed. The two M.2 SSD's show up in SATA, shown as physical connector PCI

with link-width x4 and 8.0 HT/s. I'm not sure if this is a cosmetic issue of if this has some disadvantages. I have

NVMeFix.kext installed in OpenCore, but it didn't help.

The config.plist is attached.

config.plist

Posted (edited)

I already had this list. My ID is 5912000, the data are below.

Spoiler
ID: 59120000, STOLEN: 38 MB, FBMEM: 0 bytes, VRAM: 1536 MB, Flags: 0x0000110B
TOTAL STOLEN: 39 MB, TOTAL CURSOR: 1 MB (1572864 bytes), MAX STOLEN: 115 MB, MAX OVERALL: 116 MB (122171392 bytes)
Model name: Intel HD Graphics KBL CRB
Camellia: CamelliaDisabled (0), Freq: 1388 Hz, FreqMax: 1388 Hz
Mobile: 0, PipeCount: 3, PortCount: 3, FBMemoryCount: 3
[1] busId: 0x05, pipe: 9, type: 0x00000400, flags: 0x00000187 - ConnectorDP
[2] busId: 0x04, pipe: 10, type: 0x00000400, flags: 0x00000187 - ConnectorDP
[3] busId: 0x06, pipe: 10, type: 0x00000400, flags: 0x00000187 - ConnectorDP
01050900 00040000 87010000
02040A00 00040000 87010000
03060A00 00040000 87010000

In IORegistryExplorer I have these entries:

AAPL,ig-platform-id    <00 00 16 59>
class-code             <00 00 03 00>
device-id              <12 59 00 00>
model                  <"Intel HD Graphics 630">

The mainboard outputs are HDMI (working) DVI-D (not working) and VGA (untested). So the mainboard, the hardware configuration and the framebuffer list doesn't match up.

DVI is connected to a HP 4:3 monitor (1600x1200), HDMI to a Iiyama 16:9 monitor (1920x1080). In BIOS, in the Boot Picker and during the verbose text output on the Iiyama is stretched,

so the mainboard seems to prioritize DVI. The HP always shows 'no signal' if macOS is working.

This framebuffer problem is somehow similar to the my Gigabyte Z77-DS3H and Z77N-WiFi, both HD4000 device IDs are not in the framebuffer list.

Sleep has a different issue: If I select sleep, the screen turns black and a fter a while the computer is off. If I press a key, the computer comes up with a black screen. After a while

it turns off and turns on automatically. Then it is booting normally. I tried different darkwake settings, no success.

...and the CPU string isn't shown, only 3.6 GHz. I tested different revcpu variations, no success.

I'm feeling like in the earliest days of OSx86, but today all that patching isn't fun anymore. I installed Mavericks about 2016 with Clover and cloned it to very different hardware

platforms, including a board with a GeForce 9300 chipset. I tested Yosemite and El Capitan but was never pleased with it. So I kept using Mavericks till now. It is working perfectly

on my Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H with Clover and Legacy BIOS. However, it is more and more difficult to get software for Mavericks. And after I had installed Sonoma on my MacBook,

I also wanted to have it on my desktop system. So I picked up some cheap hardware, but I'm not totally satisfied with it...

Edited by naquaada

_PRW

810YJjG.png

to ZPRW 

OLwrfLc.png

and apply in ACPI tab/ Patch

The devices will lose wake power and you will check if this is the problem

• Like 1

XPRW resulted that I couldn't activate via keyboard, which wasn't a problem. But the screen was still black.

The computer didn't shut down, also after the reset button the screen stayed black. I had to hold the power button

for few seconds to turn it off, then I could boot again. Using ZPRW didn't change anything. I deactivated this patch.

However, I modified the config.plist from the Z270P package a bit, now it shows the CPU name.

The NVME SSD's are still shown as SATA.

I had one configuration in which sleep was working and the display woke up, but I couldn't replicate the settings.

OpenCore Configurator doesn't write on Sonoma the version numbers of the kexts in the comment.

I also don't have a list of patches. Does OCC require an internet connection? I actually don't have internet because

I don't have a LAN cable with the neccessary length. A Gigabyte RX 560 is coming the next days.

Posted (edited)

So, the actual status is like before:

- Black screen after sleep, automatic reboot.

- No NVME devices listed, NVME SSDs are shown as SATA

- Only HDMI is working.

Using patches I had HDMI and DVI working, with heavy graphic errors. However, it were two seperate displays.

I used patches from various sources, maybe they will conflict with each other.

EFI_Z270K_24-07-27.zip

Edited by naquaada