I'm new. Can't load win11 with opencore since Install Ventura with success Z590/11900k

Nutsichou

5 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, I'm new on this forum and I recently made a new Hackintosh for my work purpose. I have already made in the 15 past years old two other Hackintosh's.
Everything has change for the installation and it's not more easy than before. I would like to thanks "Maldon" for the EFI pre-builds I use.
I start to install win11 on one of my 2 "nvme" disk (one for win11 / the other for Ventura) And I successfully install Ventura on the other disk. Ventura seems to be Good but I am not sure all work properly (in sleep mode my motherboard hardware make a little "click" every 5min) Audio/Vidéo/Wifi/USB are good. 

My problem is windows11 can't boot directly in "Opencore". My motherboard is boot set on "Opencore" . To boot on win11 I have to enable CSM in BIOS every time. 

I tried to start windows from the "ventura" startup disk option and it failed even though the windows icon appeared. 

I never see any /EFI/Microsoft/Boot in the EFI Partition.

I have two différent patch in my windows disk : 
First Untitled\Boot\Bootx64.efi
Second Untitled\Windows\Boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi 

I tried to map windows Entry in opencore boot picker but I d'ont success the operation completely, I understand the idea of the process but I failed, I have no skill to do that properly I think. I have my map-table-windows.text and I know that my windows disk with the boot folder is in the FS1. I tried to add in my config.plist The patch in misc/entry but I think I have failed to write the good line. Opencore displays a new icon "Other OS" but when I click on, black screen and I return to opencore bootloader, so I disabled the entry for the moment. 

I would prefer to not reinstall win11 because I already work on. Please if someone can help me with that.... I'm lost  ? 3 days on the internet and dorthania guide to find a solution but I failed. 
Thanks !! 

My config : 
Asus Rog Strix Z590 F-gaming-wifi // 11900k // RX6600 // 32Gb // NMVE // 

config.plist map-table-windows.text

Hi , First mistake no space here , the string must be unique all attached

Screenshot2024-06-28alle09_03_01.thumb.png.32a2c6595f04544b8655158470a3f669.png

The path you entered is incorrect , If you mount the Windows EFI partition , the loader path is  

EFI\Microsoft\BOOT\bootmgfw.efi

Screenshot2024-06-28alle09_16_04.thumb.png.b2e0cd8e7412d50a3df958d2c04f841c.png

So the correct final string to insert into Misc -> Entries will be like this ( Enable it was disabled in your plist )

Screenshot2024-06-28alle09_11_25.thumb.png.d5516434918a6fb71224eaff1c636c7d.png

If you see ghost EFI partitions like "no name / untitled" replace the entire OC BOOT.zip folder (it should hide them)

If OC still doesn't boot Windows, you may need to modify the SSDT ( MaLd0n.aml ) or use the Opencore Mod

Good luck

Edited by Anto65
  • Like 4

Oops! I missed this ... You formatted the Windows disk in MBR not UEFI mode ? ... no good it must be in GPT

Screenshot2024-06-28alle10_44_16.thumb.png.08c375c4a01aabfaca205197587da059.png

This is my Windows drive ( Entries path )

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x17,0x0)/Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,BD026231-7FDA-4422-B556-236278080610,0x800,0x64800)/\EFI\Microsoft\BOOT\bootmgfw.efi

You then need to convert the disk from MBR -> GPT 

You can use  Partition Wizard or via Windows terminal ( as admin )

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-convert-from-MBR-to-GPT-without-data-loss-and-no-Windows-Windows-10-hard-drive-conversion-MBR-GPT-admin

• Like 5

Thanks for your contribution !
Yes my windows disk is in MBR ..... 😅 I have missed something in the tutorial I think. 
Ok i will try to convert the disk. 
I also autorised "shadow files" in osx and now I see folders in a partition called "reserved to system" in my windows disk. But I only have a "boot" folder with no.efi files , just BCD and a bootmgr 

I will try MBR conversion so.
image.thumb.png.a33f368064097cd88da785665fe26764.png

Capture d’écran 2024-06-28 à 11.19.59.png

Capture d’écran 2024-06-28 à 11.20.19.png

Capture d’écran 2024-06-28 à 11.20.32.png

• Like 1

Oy ! It works great !!! thank you so much ! 🤩🙏
My windows os and Ventura is auto recognized and load properly with the loader ^^

For my motherboard click in sleep mode in osx, someone as an idea ? Do i miss something about powermanagement in my config.plist ?
It's not very important but i hope i don't miss someting ^^

5 hours ago, Anto65 said:

(