Help - ventura no longer starts

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

as per the title, this morning ventura decided not to boot anymore. I describe the various phases:
- at startup the ASROCK writing appears with the BIOS options
- immediately after the opencore screen appears, but unlike usual it suggests booting from Windows instead of ventura as usual
- I select ventura, verbose starts but it stops at this attached screen.
- if instead I boot the Mojave partition with Clover, everything is ok.

any suggestions?

I attach verbose screenshot, I can't attach EFI because it's heavier than 10 Mb

My config:
CPU: i7 8700
GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 56 8Gb
Mobo: Asrock z370 Pro4
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Gb (2x16) DDR4 3200
SSD: Crucial CT500P1SSD8 P1 500GB NAND M2
Case: Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV ATX

thank you very much

20240624_083757.jpg.21af90e17898ede8baba3551adf5cadb.jpg

I don't know if it's allowed, but I uploaded the EFI to google drive, this is the link: EFI

EFI.zip

-Delete old EFI folder and paste new. Don't use merge files
-Don't use Drag and Drop into EFI partition. Use Copy/Paste instead
-Reset NVRAM one time - with OpenCore use entry "Reset Nvram" / with Clover use F11 key on boot screen

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

EFI.zip

-Delete old EFI folder and paste new. Don't use merge files
-Don't use Drag and Drop into EFI partition. Use Copy/Paste instead
-Reset NVRAM one time - with OpenCore use entry "Reset Nvram" / with Clover use F11 key on boot screen

Hey, thank you so much, I can't try it now, but I will tomorrow, I'll let you know. Very kind

@MaLd0n it worked perfectly, I don't know how to thank you. However, I would like to understand, if you feel like explaining it to me, what exactly you did to solve the problem.
And, while we're at it, I would also like to ask you for help in activating Bluetooth. When I created the build, years ago, I didn't put a BT card because I didn't need it. Now I might need it, so I bought a USB Bluetooth dongle, but I can't get it to work. Can you help me in some way? And another small request: in the EFI you gave me, could you kindly activate verbose mode at boot, (or explain to me how to do it) so that if I have another problem I can take pictures of the results? Sorry if I seem ignorant, but it's been years since I touched a Hack and I know little about opencore, so I remember practically nothing. Thank you, very kind.

EFI With BT4.zip

A new EFI was created. Try efi above but only work with BT4. In some updates BlueToolFixup.kext freeze update and we need disable it, reboot and start update again.