[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

655 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

I have fully migrated to external USB WIFI/BT devices with LocalSend to share files. :ninja:

urZiWBG.jpeg

What is the name of this theme?

Oh nice my friend, what model are you using? 

12 hours ago, Anto65 said:

I haven't registered it at the registry office yet 😂 ( give it whatever name you prefer )

Thanks. Nice icons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Thanks for new PAT patches and Clover 5159 which made my AMD Ryzen 1700X hackintosh working smoothly at macOS 15.0 beta1 and got higher score at CineBench R23.

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 8.10.58 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 8.42.09 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 8.53.34 AM.png

Can you share your refi please

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

I have fully migrated to external USB WIFI/BT devices with LocalSend to share files. :ninja:

Hi @MaLd0n

I have a same TP Link Wifi beside Intel 9560. How to install on Sequoia ? I don't have any software installer for driver. Please.

EDIT (SOLVED): I found the right package on @chris1111 Github repo. Thanks for your idea and thanks @chris1111

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 3

Hi friends, i install Sequoia without issue on my laptop Alienware except video acceleration, i wait

next OCLP. Efi is for Sonoma minus amfi args and kext and power management kext's, Thank you for Help.image.thumb.png.2f86f350acedc593bc394f0a522ad082.png

• Like 5

Managed to install Sequois on my Lenovo T490 after some fiddling. I had to disable most non-essential kext to get it to work. Gotta figure out which one is causing a KP. But since it uses about 30 kexts, it's a hassle…

• I had to replace VoodooInput.kext inside of VoodooRMI.kext by the latest Artifacts build from the "Actions" section so that the trackpad works
  • Bluetooth hasn't been working Since 14.5 (I didn't notice until today). Using Intel AC Intel AC-9560
  • Had to use itlwm.kext for Wifi
  • YogaSMC still works

First impressions: Sequoia feels snappier than Sonoma. Websites are opening/loading faster in Firefox as well.

• Like 1

Has anyone with i226-V networking managed to get working or been unable to get it to work in Sequoia at all (As far as I can tell AppleVTD is working as the same OC install works with Ventura without having to use AppleICG.kext)?

Edited by D-an-W

9 hours ago, Anto65 said:

Wifi aside, I'm having some problems with sleeping

Bro don't stress about Sleeping not working as such for the moment.

It's not the machine, it is the same on my rig. In Ventura and Sonoma Sleep work as should but in Sequoia not so much..

On my setup the Screen Saver kicks in and if left, Sleep mode then actuates, the fans and all LED lights goes off apart from the ones on the memory modules.

The present Sleep quirk is a product of Sequoia Beta 1 so lets leave off poking around until the next 2 or 3 Beta offering.

Like you said, apart from that and WiFi, this first one is a lot better than I thought it would be.

Cheers.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Thank you, I have tried that method and seem to have AppleVTD working as it shows up when checked with IOReg but the NIC is not shown in the Ethernet section of System Information at all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

urZiWBG.jpeg

What is the name of this theme?

@MaLd0n What is his version? V1, V2 or V3? Would you be able to tell me which chipset TP-link uses in it? Realtek or other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

Bro don't stress about Sleeping not working as such for the moment.

It's not the machine, it is the same on my rig. In Ventura and Sonoma Sleep work as should but in Sequoia not so much..

On my setup the Screen Saver kicks in and if left, Sleep mode then actuates, the fans and all LED lights goes off apart from the ones on the memory modules.

The present Sleep quirk is a product of Sequoia Beta 1 so lets leave off poking around until the next 2 or 3 Beta offering.

Like you said, apart from that and WiFi, this first one is a lot better than I thought it would be.

Cheers.

Stopping com.apple.fskit.msdos process sleep is working on my hack ...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JorgeMax said:

@MaLd0n What is his version? V1, V2 or V3? Would you be able to tell me which chipset TP-link uses in it? Realtek or other.

V2 with @chris1111 WIFI USB pack driver

• Like 4

I have been trying to create a bootable usb flash drive using openCore patcher and end up with an error saying that the patcher could not get permissions when trying to create a bootable usb any ideas or a better solution to creating a bootable usb drive, not sure why its not working to be honest, its not my first os install so is there something different about this new os? any advice appreciated

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 15.27.19.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 15.27.33.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 15.27.49.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 15.31.48.png

managed to solve, full disk access was not in place ty

Edited by fuzzylogic

Hi guys!! Im get work Bluetooth KINIVO BDT-400 4.0 with helper from my friends @MaLd0n @chris1111 and  @Hnanoto 

Just put on Clover on Boot section this arguments 

image.png.95026153c45dd0cb9b5720317d4357bb.png

Works nice smooth and get Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse, sound etc...

image.png.482279b335587cb5c35ed5a3ec0aa351.png

image.thumb.png.2137ea4302b1e85e21036c684404efe9.png

image.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, Anto65 said:

Allow loading on macOS 15 without `-lilubetaall`

https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu/commit/4256f4315bf029c4a775cc52100a0d4a0c94663d

Tried but not work 🤔 

Anyone else have a chance to try it ?

Same result here, even with the latest release of OC and Lulu.kext.

Purple lines appear in Verbose text, plus Graphics lose signal at the end.

Our friend @kinhhoang161 is correct we still need the -lilubetaall until WhateverGreen is updated.

Cheers.

• Like 4