[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

653 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

😆 its more easy and more powerfull use Clover (but I can't said here) just try for fun !! Put your old head (like mine) to Work!! You will get it!! Do it!! :plane:

What is your brand RX 6600 ? Maybe you should try enable CSM on BIOS, or use HDMI or DisplayPort (DP). Check BIOS and firmware update too...

it is Saphire Pulse

Edited by maly70
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, maly70 said:

it is Saphire Pulse

Excellent, maybe you not need enable CSM. I have a brand new RX 580 Sapphire Pulse (I ordered on eBay) and was sealed, and I will check if i can install Sequoia on my desktop i3 9th Gen 9100 too 

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.a93f70a27e68c6f53928d8690aec3590.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.79874c39f7e85036dd986359417eef12.jpeg

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1

I only have the  Z97 Hack old fatefull . as the Z690 Hack Nvme drive decided to pack up. and  mess up the Aqua computer firmware. to the extent. that no fans worked. though it. took a while to sort out. ok once reinstalled firmwear for  aqua computer. just need a new nvme drive.  which can wait till the end of the month now

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

please could you send me you efi file . I have the same gpu . I get black screen.unless I clear nram and reboot

Here you are

ps : I just need to update the kexts inside

EFI-1.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to confirm what some have already stated here, Sequoia Beta feels a lot more fluid to me than Sonoma 14.5, but only with the exception of the Settings. Switching between the menus there for odd reasons is very laggy, takes up to 2-3 seconds to change from one page to the other.

On 6/12/2024 at 3:09 PM, ohsnap said:

Hi. Does anyone have issues with connecting iPhone via usb? The OS crashes and reboots the when I plug it in. Also booting with it plugged in will crash/reboot when reaching the log in screen.

Same thing happens when launching Chrome, as someone already mentioned in an earlier post.

I managed to fix these two issues by disabling IntelBTPatcher kext.

@ismolika maybe this could fix your Chrome issue aswell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anto65 said:

I reorganized my stable. Sequoia in pole position 😛 (after a clean install) Big Sur out permanently 😔  👋

Bro you are a Man of my own heart!!! That is exactly what I have done.

So much so that I renamed the Disk from Test Disk to macOS Sequoia.

That's how confident I am with Apple's latest OS rendition, just waiting patiently for the WIFI fix, (fingers crossed). :thumbsup_anim:

1 hour ago, ohsnap said:

Hi. Does anyone have issues with connecting iPhone via usb?

Sorry Man no problem here.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, eSaF said:

just waiting patiently for the WIFI fix, (fingers crossed)

I have fully migrated to external USB WIFI/BT devices with LocalSend to share files. :ninja:

urZiWBG.jpeg

1 hour ago, Anto65 said:

I reorganized my stable

What is the name of this theme?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

Thanks for you help. I can't get my head around the clover boot loader

This EFI is in OC, replace your efi with this one.
If it works for you, I encourage you to update to the latest stable OC version.

EFI.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posting this with Safari running in Sequoia on my HackBookPro6,2 (without OCLP post-install patches).  This hack is amazingly responsive even without full Nvidia graphics acceleration.  I'm amazed that Safari is working this well in Sequoia without the Nvidia graphics patches.  I've also installed Xcode 16 Beta without issues.

So far, I'm very impressed with Sequoia on this old hack.  For non-critical hobbies/experiments, this old hack will provide entertainment for yet another full macOS release cycle.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-06-14at10_09_06AM.png.192c606f0ac76429066578f5a599ee48.png

Note: I couldn't resist the temptation and attempted to manually built the sequoia-developer branch with the latest commits ending in 462d6f6.  Still unable to apply Nvidia post-install patches to Sequoia (no surprise).

EDIT: @1Revenger1 I'm using your VoodooInput.kext 1.5 with VoodooPS2Controller.kext.  Trackpad is working great in Sequoia!

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-06-14at10_45_15AM.thumb.png.191de8e3cc05edf133bff73888882b5d.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@deeveedee I also installed Sequoia on my original iMac late 2013 (27 inch) with nVidia GeForce graphics,

currently without graphics support and it runs surprisingly well even without this graphics support.
I'm waiting for an OCLP 1.6 for Sequoia.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ludox said:

This EFI is in OC, replace your efi with this one.
If it works for you, I encourage you to update to the latest stable OC version.

EFI.zip 7.85 MB · 17 downloads

Thank you for spending your time and effort to help me. I can now boot into the Sequoia OS. screen shot of the change I made in config.plist

Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 17.41.31.png

Edited by BALDY_MAN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2024 at 1:29 AM, Stefanalmare said:

Already done that. AMFIPass.kext disabled, amfi=0x80 boot-arg, Disable Library Validation Enforcement & Disable _csr_check() in _vnode_check_signature enable in kernel/patch. And right now it is installing correctly on ivy-bridge laptop. Lets see. After that I'll try on core2. I'll report here.

After installing Sequoia on a few rigs, and supposing the existent EFI is well built and Sonoma bootable, the modifications I made for installing Sequoia without problems are:

1. For AVX2 processors:

- AMFIPass.kext disabled

- amfi=0x80 and -lilubetaall, boot-args

2. For non-AVX2 processors (core2 included):

- AMFIPass.kext disabled

- amfi=0x80 and -lilubetaall, boot-args

- "Disable Library Validation Enforcement" and "Disable _csr_check() in _vnode_check_signature" patches, enable in kernel/patch

No OCLP solution yet for any Sequoia patch.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ohsnap said:

I managed to fix these two issues by disabling IntelBTPatcher kext.

@ismolika maybe this could fix your Chrome issue aswell.

I reinstalled it and chrome issue is gone. But now second monitor is not working. Any ideas? 6600xt

Edited by ismolika

3 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

Thank you for spending your time and effort to help me. I can now boot into the Sequoia OS. screen shot of the change I made in config.plist

Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 17.41.31.png

Perfect 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

What is the name of this theme?

I haven't registered it at the registry office yet 😂 ( give it whatever name you prefer )

It's one of the many themes start and can't finish... I have little time these days
If you like , the main icons from BS to Sequoia are present ... trash what you don't need or like  👋

Apple15.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, eSaF said:

Bro you are a Man of my own heart!!! That is exactly what I have done.

So much so that I renamed the Disk from Test Disk to macOS Sequoia.

That's how confident I am with Apple's latest OS rendition, just waiting patiently for the WIFI fix, (fingers crossed). :thumbsup_anim:

I risked the small blind   :cards:  😂

I jumped straight from Sonoma without precautions... as I imagined I won the hand 😁
Wifi aside, I'm having some problems with sleeping, time permitting I'll try to resolve them.
The rest works wonderfully ... quick boot

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for new PAT patches and Clover 5159 which made my AMD Ryzen 1700X hackintosh working smoothly at macOS 15.0 beta1 and got higher score at CineBench R23.

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 8.10.58 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 8.42.09 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 8.53.34 AM.png

• Like 5