[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

687 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, mek21 said:

Booting clover 5158, Intel 520 grahics (spoofed to 620 for Sonoma) hangs at login screen (with spinner) after login, OC101 hangs at white apple on black background with partial progress bar.

Anyone have this issue/have a fix for this?

Hi @mek21
Clover 5158 release is not ready for Sequoia. @Slice is working hard to make compatibility: see Clover repo. Don't forgot to put -lilubetaall arguments.

• Like 1

Need help, please 😊

I try a fresh install from USB Installer macOS (Opencore nightly 1.0.1) on Z390 Aorus.

From this vanilla install,  with -lilubetaall in config.plist.  but  it just goes into a reboot loop on "macos installer".

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Anto65 said:

Secure Boot Model ? Disabled ??

Thank for reply.

I check it and retry again. And I let you what is beeing

EDIT 1: same issue. SecurebootModel=j185 (SMBIOS Imac 20,1)

EDIT 2: SecurebootModel=x86Llegacy  no issue (for now I hope) 😊 Thanks bro.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 3

Folow up on Skylake and 520 graphic spoofed to 620 for Sonoma.

Interesting that clover 5158 and OC 101 both boot to full color login screen, password accepted, but goes to a spinner and fails to initialize desktop, like it was failing to find user info.  Checked to see if user info was there from Sonoma upgrade, and it was, but copied it over manually anyway to be sure.  Still stuck at login screen spinner after password.

Also checked to see if kabylake kexts were in S/L/E, and they were.

Booted with -x and got ugly graphics so apparently graphics spoof was working for Sequoia.

Can anyone post a working Sequoia config.plist for HP laptop Skylake/520 graphics?

Has anyone finished a clean install with the above hardware?

5 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Need help, please 😊

I try a fresh install from USB Installer macOS (Opencore nightly 1.0.1) on Z390 Aorus.

From this vanilla install,  with -lilubetaall in config.plist.  but  it just goes into a reboot loop on "macos installer".

So far, the only thing I have experienced/read is that the reboot loop occurs because AMFI is disabled or the AMFIPass.kext is used. Sequoia appears to require AMFI to install/run.

Thanks to the incredible tips and tricks from the experts in this thread, I've successfully installed Sequoia on my HackBookPro6,2 (Dell Latitude E6410).  I haven't yet attempted to apply OCLP post install patches, but the fact that the installer completed successfully is incredible at this stage.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-06-13at12_56_37PM.png.4549c999b6095ac4c796aa99b1622ce1.png

EDIT: Here's what I modified in my OC 1.0.0 EFI to run the Sequoia installer:

• Set MaxKernel 23.99.99 limits on AMFIPass.kext, All Bluetooth kexts, All Wi-Fi kexts
  • Set MaxKernel 23.99.99 limit on IOSkywalkFamily.kext block rule in OC config.plilst
  • Replaced VoodooInput.kext in VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins with 1Revenger1's latest
  • Added boot-arg -lilubetaall

EDIT2: If you want to test a manually-built sequoia-developer branch of OCLP post-install patches before AMFIPass.kext is updated for Sequoia, add boot-arg amfi=0x80

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, ANTIKO said:

It feels faster than Sonoma

The same here. It seems much more fluid to me. My laptop is flying across the room. Impressive update.:guitar:

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

I think -lilubetaall and enabling AppleIGC did the trick on my Z490 to get passed the grey screen

Side-note: I hat to enable ACPI>Quirk>FadtEnableReset. Otherwise I would get Crash Notifications after reboots/shutdowns. I didn't need this ever before.

I can't find the option to change scrolling behaviot from "natural" to whatever in System Settings. Where did the put it? Found it.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

The same here. It seems much more fluid to me.

My finding exactly Maestro !!!!!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Much faster and smoother on my machine than Sonoma.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, eSaF said:

My finding exactly Maestro !!!!!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Much faster and smoother on my machine than Sonoma.

My work platform is Sequoia. I've already done the migration. The first beta is really nice. :yoji:

• Like 8

Hi guys,

Quick question and probably a stupid one, do you guys are able to connect with your apple account without wifi?

I  tried to log to my account and it says unable to connect with the server...

thanks

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi guys,

Quick question and probably a stupid one, do you guys are able to connect with your apple account without wifi?

I  tried to log to my account and it says unable to connect with the server...

thanks

Hi Moreno, yes on my Lenovo and on my Desktop connect iCloud account without Wireless. 🙂 

Im using Clover 5159

• Like 3

It's only taken me 12 years, but I just realized that I can hover over all of your animated emojis to see their shortcodes.  Now I can have fun with emojis! 😁

:guitar: :yoji: :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

grey screen

The argument helped me -lilubetaall and connecting the phone via USB😀

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 11:13 PM, Ludox said:

perfect install

Screenshot 2024-06-11 alle 00.02.36 2.png

please could you send me you efi file . I have the same gpu . I get black screen.unless I clear nram and reboot

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have updated the z97 hack. I have used the -lilubetaall argument. but I have to clear the gram or I get the black screen and no hand shake from the gpu to monitor

Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 01.18.33.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Max.1974 said:

Maybe you should try Clover, because im not get black screen (using -lilubetaall).         :thumbsup_anim:

@Max.1974  are you trying to make my old head explode. I have problems using Open core. and ya egging me on to use another boot loader . ya just being a very bad boy. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hi, im trying installing Sequoia on my Z590 Vision G but, I keep getting black screen or  white screen with spinning beach ball, I used -lilubetaall argument. any help pls!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BALDY_MAN said:

@Max.1974  are you trying to make my old head explode. I have problems using Open core. and ya egging me on to use another boot loader . ya just being a very bad boy. lol

😆 its more easy and more powerfull use Clover (but I can't said here) just try for fun !! Put your old head (like mine) to Work!! You will get it!! Do it!! :plane:

16 minutes ago, maly70 said:

Hi, im trying installing Sequoia on my Z590 Vision G but, I keep getting black screen or  white screen with spinning beach ball, I used -lilubetaall argument. any help pls!

What is your brand RX 6600 ? Maybe you should try enable CSM on BIOS, or use HDMI or DisplayPort (DP). Check BIOS and firmware update too...

If help you, im attach my BIOS Z790 config in PDF file, and this configuration to me, is more  fast and smooth booting on any macOs (Opencore or Clover) 

BIOS CONFIG FAST BOOT 10SEC - HACKINTOSH CLOVER AORUS Z790 ELITE AX - BIOS F12C.pdf.zip

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2