2,186 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

@Irish_Man  

So sorry I fogott to said 

Need type this first

sudo -i 

Type on root#  your password and then 

mkdir /Volumes/efi 

sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk4s1 /Volumes/efi (need put diskXsY when your disk is X and your partition is Y)

@Max.1974  tnx, that command works.

Btw, I didn't find any extra files inside the EFI folder besides Apple folder that we get after every update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irish_Man said:

No issues during the update. The issue after the update is that I can't see mounted EFI partition on my desktop. 

Anyone with the same issue? It's clearly mounted but it doesn't show up on desktop. 

I see all drives but EFI partitions.

Screenshot2024-08-05at17_07_53.png.25971ccb86acb2700958f0c06eb53d8a.png

I had a very similar problem, although much worse.  My rig finished the upgrade, but Finder was useless and would not stabilize.  All I got was a spinning beach ball and rebooting, relaunching Finder, well nothing would work.  Couldn't get to any of my drives or, of course, the EFI partition.  So I backed off to 24A5298h, which I think is Beta 4.

Interesting that Irish_Man has similar software to me (12700K, 64GB of RAM (3800 MHz), RX 6900, and Mac Pro SMBIOS.  I am running Opencore 1.0 and he's running 1.01.  I think I'll let this sit for a while and check out the next beta or just review what others have found with this update. 

Edited by meg2014
  • Like 1

Thanks and important to said that its not works again until restart if you try use some app to open or close EFI.

I thinks that exist some solution when boot in recovery mode like csrutil authenticated-root clear or some better command

Works to me close all programs an run again command after type in terminal: 

KillAll Finder 

Then you can root again: 

sudo -i

Then run your original EFI with this commands 

mkdir /Volumes/efi 

sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk4s1 /Volumes/efi 

disk4s1 is my original Nvme 

32 minutes ago, Irish_Man said:

@Max.1974  tnx, that command works.

Btw, I didn't find any extra files inside the EFI folder besides Apple folder that we get after every update.

@Irish_Man  Apple really create in another EFI partitions 😉 

See:

image.png.0f0f185a3e46d1f4aeae9d0cb8b05ca7.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, meg2014 said:

I had a very similar problem, although much worse.  My rig finished the upgrade, but Finder was useless and would not stabilize.  All I got was a spinning beach ball and rebooting, relaunching Finder, well nothing would work.  Couldn't get to any of my drives or, of course, the EFI partition.  So I backed off to 24A5298h, which I think is Beta 4.

Interesting that Irish_Man has similar software to me (12700K, 64GB of RAM (3800 MHz), RX 6900, and Mac Pro SMBIOS.  I am running Opencore 1.0 and he's running 1.01.  I think I'll let this sit for a while and check out the next beta or just review what others have found with this update. 

With Clover I have no issues with my similar hardware too. 

Weirdly OCAT works fine and can see the EFI so it must be mounted. Can't actually see it in finder though. OpenCore Patcher has stopped working - it tells me it's patched but then on reboot it wants to patch it again.

• Like 1

Yes OCAT will mount and open the config.plist but the physical EFI Partition is not showing on the Desktop as usual.

You will still have access to edit as before with OCAT.

Maybe it is intentional by Apple or a bug within this latest Beta, have to wait and see.

• Like 3

OCLP here works fine and update all my Hacks without erros! Im using Clover compiled and kexts compiled  

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, surfinchina said:

OpenCore Patcher has stopped working - it tells me it's patched but then on reboot it wants to patch it again.

No problem with OCLP on my machine.

Just the invisible EFI Partition, OCAT can mount and see it but I can't. 

I sent a stern scathing review to Apple in Feedback, threatening to spend all my energy on windoze.

That should scare em. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

why I'm not get update 

m I something missing?

revert OCLP Patch

SecureBootModel Default or Disabled

enabled RestrictEvents.kext

added boot arg or removed revpatch=sbvmm

all above tested still not got update beta 5

anyone idea

Screenshot2024-08-06at3_06_31AM.png.a0864c3685588b99f17f39f914f0b66f.png

1 hour ago, ameenjuz said:

why I'm not get update 

m I something missing?

revert OCLP Patch

SecureBootModel Default or Disabled

enabled RestrictEvents.kext

added boot arg or removed revpatch=sbvmm

all above tested still not got update beta 5

anyone idea

Screenshot2024-08-06at3_06_31AM.png.a0864c3685588b99f17f39f914f0b66f.png

Need check your RE version and revpatches 

Try this version from @lorys89 GitHub 

https://github.com/Lorys89/RestrictEvents/releases/tag/1.1.4 

Don't forget put -lilubetaall 

Thanks my friend @MaLd0n for your tutorial 

How to mount EFI partition on Sequoia

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, eSaF said:

No problem with OCLP on my machine.

Just the invisible EFI Partition, OCAT can mount and see it but I can't. 

I sent a stern scathing review to Apple in Feedback, threatening to spend all my energy on windoze.

That should scare em. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Hmm I get this error when trying to patch with OCLP

" Error Domain=KMErrorDomain Code=71 "Invalid argument: Unable to read contents of file at /System/Volumes/Update/mnt1/System/Library/KernelCollections/BootKernelExtensions.kc" "

That file is there but...

Works fine on the previous beta. I'm using OCLP 1.6 nightly btw and just updated the EFI and kexts today.

edit: I blessed the folder per this post on reddit and it's good now :)

Edited by surfinchina
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

@Craig Hazan - Hi Bro, on your M1 Mac, can you mount and see the EFI Partition on your Desktop?

I am curious if this is a new Security measure by Apple or a bug in this latest Beta.

There are ways around it but just wondering if it is the same on real Macs.

Cheers.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

To Open EFI need run this commands

sudo -i 

Type your password and then 

mkdir /Volumes/efi 

sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk4s1 /Volumes/efi (need put diskXsY when your disk is X and your partition is Y)

Maybe will be necessary Open your EFI from another macOs version, like Sonoma or Ventura 

Hmm... I get a similar error...

Снимок экрана 2024-08-06 в 11.22.16.png

Sorry! it's all right!

image.png

Edited by ANTIKO
  • Like 2

At this time, I don't have Beta 5 in Software Update ??? (Z390 Clover ) 🥲

Hi @Max.1974 and all Hackintoshers

I use a old tool "ESP Mounter Pro" who work well under Sequoia:

Put the app on desktop or application folder, click on it.  A icon appears in finder menu bar. Then you can mount and unmount EFI partition without using Terminal.

ESP Mounter Pro_1-9-1.zip

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Put the app on desktop or application folder, click on it.  A icon appears in finder menu bar. Then you can mount and unmount EFI partition without using Terminal.

Mounting the EFI Partition is not the problem.

The Partition is mounted ok, it just does not appear on the Desktop as an icon like before.

Another peculiar thing I just found with this Beta along the same lines, USB Drives are also a no show unless it has a formatted EFI Partition.

I have several USB Storage Drives as well as various OS installers. The USB installers show up when plugged in but the others do not.

I know they are mounted because when removing them without the procedure, the usual popup 'Disk Not Ejected Properly' message is displayed.

I don't know if this is unique to my machine but I am not enjoying this Beta one bit so far which invites another stern Report to Tim Apple. :hysterical:

PS - I have to add although the formatted USB drives do show, the mounted partition of these drive also do not show on the Desk Top.

Edited by eSaF
Added iInformation
  • Like 5

48 minutos atrás, Matgen84 disse:

Neste momento, eu não tenho Beta 5 na Atualização de Software ??? (Z390 Clover ) 🥲

Olá@Máx.1974e todos os Hackintoshers

Eu uso uma ferramenta antiga "ESP Mounter Pro" que funciona bem sob Sequoia:

Coloque o aplicativo na área de trabalho ou na pasta de aplicativos, clique nele. Um ícone aparece na barra de menu do localizador. Então você pode montar e desmontar a partição EFI sem usar o Terminal.

Montador ESP Pro_1-9-1.zip 8,38 MB·6 downloads

Hello my dear friend, thank you very much for your kindness and attention, I have also been using the same tool for many years, always good and faithful, it never lets us down, right? But unfortunately, Sequoia beta 5 brought this evil from Apple, precisely to stop OCLP users and us, the Hackintoshers. 

Yes, I use it daily, it is my main and first tool installed in a clean installation. 

Thank you for your attention, and God bless us all!!

:thumbsup_anim:

Captura de Tela 2024-08-06 às 05.13.57.png

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

@Kaoskinkae ¡Sí, echa un vistazo a las publicaciones de arriba, por favor!

Todos tuvimos estos problemas con Sequoia Beta 5 :Rodar los ojos:

thanks haha being from another time zone I didn't look at it once I checked the error in my system I read the above

• Like 1

Having same problem as everybody else with refi mounting ...As anyone found a solution yet???

cannot see mounted efi ....

At least with OC tools you can actually edit config file with it if you use mount and open config.plist

Better than nothing I suppose

Edited by robi62
  • Like 2