[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Bro remove your personal data from the EFI Folder and upload here.

We can take a look to see if there any errors.

The Fenvi T-919 is ideal as proven by many.

I feel something else is responsible for the failure on your machine.

If your folder is proving too large to upload, remove the Resources Folder.

SecureBoot should be set to Disabled if that is your query.

the data is the sameconfig.plist on both computers, same error, look at the instructions on my computer

2 hours ago, kaoskinkae said:

the data is the sameconfig.plist on both computers, same error, look at the instructions on my computer

To be honest I can't see much wrong within your config apart from if this config.plist is from the Z390 Board, why so many SSDT Files???!!!

All I can say is, insure you have the very latest kext versions (I use OCAT to get me the Developers versions).

The Z390 Board coupled with a Fenvi T-919 is a good combo, so I can only gather there is something else happening within your configuration.

@miliuco has the same Platform board plus some very good EFI examples posted here on IM, have a search and do a comparison to your own.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BarryBar said:

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade install Sequoia from Ventura but am stuck in the booter as can see. Is this an error because secureboot or is it another problem? With my thanks in advance for any advice to solve this.20240804_120740.thumb.jpg.ed70e97c36be30d35cb0a3beacb7d7b3.jpg

Try turn off secure boot, ensure BIOS settings are correct,  use minimum of kexts.  unplug any peripherals not needed, boot args -igfxvesa -lilubetaall

Hi Guys, avoid update if you not have access to another EFI partition.

Its have been denied access to open it. 

image.gif.47ca3581e8c4747b688ab4b9ffa4e697.gif

image.thumb.png.35bc9e31f5b07c83a2fea927f0af6f60.png

image.png.85f481fe021206f2a60a6c63cdc4f2ab.png

Captura de Tela 2024-08-05 às 15.27.22.png

• Like 6

7 hours ago, BarryBar said:

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade install Sequoia from Ventura but am stuck in the booter as can see. Is this an error because secureboot or is it another problem? With my thanks in advance for any advice to solve this.20240804_120740.thumb.jpg.ed70e97c36be30d35cb0a3beacb7d7b3.jpg

@BarryBar If you use BlueToolfixup kext, consider disabling it if you are still getting update issues. In my case, in addition to disabling securebootmodel I need to disable this kext, otherwise the update will not progress and will remain in a restarting loop every time I resume it.

Edited by jlrycm

21 minutes ago, Craig Hazan said:

From my M1 AIR I'm being shown two updates!, Beta 5 and Beta 15.1.

I would hazard a guess, the 15.1 was geared for M1 Mac since hacks couldn't have it.

Then I would try the Beta 5 after unless 15.1 is bundled with Beta 5 (for real Macs) which I doubt.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I would hazard a guess, the 15.1 is geared for M1 Mac since hacks couldn't have it.

Then I would try the Beta 5 after unless 15.1 is bundled with Beta 5 (for real Macs) which I doubt.

I'm going to download 15.1 for the M1, I want to find out if any AI has been added.

• Like 3

To Open EFI need run this commands

sudo -i 

Type your password and then 

mkdir /Volumes/efi 

sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk4s1 /Volumes/efi (need put diskXsY when your disk is X and your partition is Y)

Maybe will be necessary Open your EFI from another macOs version, like Sonoma or Ventura 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 6

No issues during the update. The issue after the update is that I can't see mounted EFI partition on my desktop. 

Anyone with the same issue? It's clearly mounted but it doesn't show up on desktop. 

I see all drives but EFI partitions.

Screenshot2024-08-05at17_07_53.png.25971ccb86acb2700958f0c06eb53d8a.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Max.1974 said:

With this command and EFI folder deleted by another macOS Sonoma works this command

sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk4s1 /Volumes/efi 

When I use that command I get this:

Screenshot2024-08-05at17_22_09.png.c776d6b513759260c3e2e233602eeb72.png

@Irish_Man  

So sorry I fogott to said 

Need type this first

sudo -i 

Type on root#  your password and then 

mkdir /Volumes/efi 

sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk4s1 /Volumes/efi (need put diskXsY when your disk is X and your partition is Y)

Captura de Tela 2024-08-05 às 18.29.42.png

Edited by Max.1974

21 minutes ago, Irish_Man said:

No issues during the update. The issue after the update is that I can't see mounted EFI partition on my desktop. 

Anyone with the same issue? It's clearly mounted but it doesn't show up on desktop. 

I see all drives but EFI partitions.

Screenshot2024-08-05at17_07_53.png.25971ccb86acb2700958f0c06eb53d8a.png

Does this mean that if I try to mount the EFI in Sequoia using OCAT, OpenCore Configurator or any other used to mount it, it will not mount and only the terminal command that @Max.1974 just shared would mount it?

Edited by jlrycm
  • Like 1

My container disk was changes by Apple that put a lot of garbage on EFI partition, need delete all this "trashes". 

My real disk install is disk 4 but Apple "synthesized" to disk7

😆

yes @jlrycm 

image.png.3dbcb2b568c6d69001bb8e8680d1b956.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

My container disk was changes by Apple that put a lot of garbage on EFI partition, need delete all this "trashes". 

My real disk install is disk 4 but Apple "synthesized" to disk7

😆

yes @jlrycm 

image.png.3dbcb2b568c6d69001bb8e8680d1b956.png

Thanks @Max.1974 fortunately I’m using the EFI that the macOS sonoma disk has and I’m not relying on the EFI that the Sequoia disk has. I hope this thing that was done to you guys it’s a bug or something that is not happening a lot / will be fixed by Apple in the near future.

• Like 2