[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bluenote56 said:

also searching for something from girls but I'm old so I don't remember what it was .. or not :)

Quality - I like this guy!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Guys! Let's not get off track ;)

Sorry for my aside remark straying away from topical subject. :angel:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dear friends, I would like to share that in relation to my Hack with Intel Core i9-13900k I tried the Macpro7.1 SMBIOS and it was wonderful with Clover and I discovered that the DIMM memories, and their slots, when informed in the config.plist, extracting with the demidecode are perfect and the processor's stability is life-changing. I even compiled with high stress using Xcode 16 and the temperature, although still a little high, didn't produce KP, and I extracted the DMAR with XiASL, I use Chris1111's Opencore Creatór and it is very stable, silent, and I also discovered that if we put the same processor code in decimal to Hex with the Hackintool calculator, it recognizes the processor name. Just to inform noble friends.

Thanks all for everything !! 

image.png.77d13a36151ba79403a2d78de8aa05ca.png

image.png.6e768aa2e5946105b85ef938c2d90dce.png

image.thumb.png.f7cd616e06acc46cf31f4b5c79f43834.png

image.thumb.png.48a644a77c42dc9e0d11f4908a543c77.png

image.png.816f128be8495c4cb8ebc8b9b12b9418.png

Processor Type 3841 (Opencore) intel Core i9-13900k , and for Clover is 0xf02 in Cpu Type  

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

My Lenovo im using this Kexts and is Synaptic Trackpad model from Lenovo E470 

Sequoia Kexts VoodooPs2Controller - VoodooSMBus para Synaptic Trackpad.zip 156.04 kB · 3 downloads

I will definitely test this! Thank you! I think the issue with mine is just the kext order, have to redo it once again. Will report later :) 

• Like 1

Fifth time I try to apply the patch on the two computers I have, it can be seen below in the description of my computer.

I have tried several versions of ocpl. You can see it in the list of the photo marked with x.

The first one did not give me the option to apply it. patch but if 1622 also tested 1620 and 1619 with the same result continuous reboots.

Question: Is it possible to access the hard drive and uninstall the ocpl.

image.png.ff252f69a126ac5791e3ecd56289e488.png

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@eSaF

I remember you had the Unsupported Host OS issue with OCLP nightly, right? Did you fix it in any way? I don't have this issue but a friend of mine does.

Sorry for late reply, the Nightly version that works for me is this version - https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/actions/runs/9783955206

Having tired the one after which is this one - https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/actions/runs/9811848880 and failed with the same Unsupported Host popup, I haven't tried any other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

opencore legacy patcher 1.6.0 nightly error 

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "opencore_legacy_patcher/wx_gui/gui_sys_patch_start.py", line 246, in _start_root_patching

File "opencore_legacy_patcher/sys_patch/sys_patch.py", line 955, in start_patch

File "opencore_legacy_patcher/sys_patch/sys_patch.py", line 630, in _patch_root_vol

File "opencore_legacy_patcher/sys_patch/sys_patch.py", line 652, in _execute_patchset

File "opencore_legacy_patcher/sys_patch/sys_patch.py", line 742, in _preflight_checks

Exception: Failed to find /var/folders/25/yrvzfxwn56q0nb8cjhygjd9c0000gn/T/tmpiiefh8jn/payloads/Universal-Binaries/12.5-3802-24/System/Library/Frameworks/Metal.framework

Edited by alexcorpse
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, miliuco said:

Thank you, it worked wonderfully. I don't have to reinstall anymore but I still can't apply the patches.

I've tried the others on the list and with the same results and my computers both have the same problem.

I don't know why the others start when the configuration is the same. appropriate,

I will continue investigating

image.png.2951b2b691f4c0ca90cd81958035369a.png

• Like 2

@kaoskinkae

Regarding failed OCLP and unbootable machines.

If you get an inexpensive USB multicard reader/writer (including SD card reader/writer) and a fast media SD flash card sized to your installaiton you can make test OCLP installations on a duplicate of your OS installation.   If the OCLP install trashes the boot on the SD card installation you know it doesn't work and you still have the original OS to use.

Providing a fast memory SD card is used, have found that booting MacOS from USB3 SD card seems nearly as fast as booting from hard drive.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mek21 said:

@kaoskinkae

Respecto a OCLP fallido y máquinas que no arrancan.

Si consigue un lector/grabador de múltiples tarjetas USB económico (incluido un lector/grabador de tarjetas SD) y una tarjeta flash SD rápida del tamaño de su instalación, puede realizar instalaciones de prueba de OCLP en un duplicado de la instalación de su sistema operativo. Si la instalación de OCLP arruina el arranque en la instalación de la tarjeta SD, sabrá que no funciona y que aún podrá utilizar el sistema operativo original.

Si se utiliza una tarjeta SD de memoria rápida, se ha descubierto que arrancar MacOS desde una tarjeta SD USB3 parece casi tan rápido como arrancar desde el disco duro.

With the method described and 3 lines of command in terminal and recovery it is easy and fast and in this case I tested on an SSD disk from a USB Adapter I will continue testing versions, two more have just been released since I published the ERROR #1626 #1627

On 8/2/2024 at 2:02 AM, alexcorpse said:

opencore legacy patcher 1.6.0 nightly error 

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "opencore_legacy_patcher/wx_gui/gui_sys_patch_start.py", line 246, in _start_root_patching

File "opencore_legacy_patcher/sys_patch/sys_patch.py", line 955, in start_patch

File "opencore_legacy_patcher/sys_patch/sys_patch.py", line 630, in _patch_root_vol

File "opencore_legacy_patcher/sys_patch/sys_patch.py", line 652, in _execute_patchset

File "opencore_legacy_patcher/sys_patch/sys_patch.py", line 742, in _preflight_checks

Exception: Failed to find /var/folders/25/yrvzfxwn56q0nb8cjhygjd9c0000gn/T/tmpiiefh8jn/payloads/Universal-Binaries/12.5-3802-24/System/Library/Frameworks/Metal.framework

I think OLCP has not all the patches at the moment I had a similar  error when booting from my lenvovo m73tiny which has intel hd 4600

I think we have to wait for all patches to be included

• Like 3

@eSaF

You commented about "Gatekeeper- App extends security choice in macOS" but there is a more updated app to manage GateKeeper on Sequoia, Sentinel:

• Written in swift
  • Code available
  • Can drop an app to unquarantine
  • Can drop an app to ad-hoc self sign and replace the certificate
  • Supports macOS Sequoia gatekeeper modification using profiles since Apple disabled spctl command.

https://github.com/alienator88/Sentinel

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I continue investigating because my two computers with different processors and imac 19.1 (see devices below) do not allow the OCPL for the Broadcom BCM4360 fenvi.

In some cases I must remove the OCPL patch through the terminal and in other cases it gives me this error. In the photo you can see all the builds tested, the last ones 4 days ago.

No satisfactory results
image.thumb.png.d32e798b5c806657bf51d308431648f8.png

• Sad 2

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade install Sequoia from Ventura but am stuck in the booter as can see. Is this an error because secureboot or is it another problem? With my thanks in advance for any advice to solve this.20240804_120740.thumb.jpg.ed70e97c36be30d35cb0a3beacb7d7b3.jpg

1 hour ago, kaoskinkae said:

No satisfactory results

Bro remove your personal data from the EFI Folder and upload here.

We can take a look to see if there any errors.

The Fenvi T-919 is ideal as proven by many.

I feel something else is responsible for the failure on your machine.

If your folder is proving too large to upload, remove the Resources Folder.

10 minutes ago, BarryBar said:

Is this an error because secureboot

SecureBoot should be set to Disabled if that is your query.