[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

On Apple Developer website, only image for Apple Silicon. Strange !

Yea, I got it ok but it is in a kind of Restore Format so I can't open it.

Talk about AppleConfuse.Com!!!!:rolleyes:

I have a feeling there is no way Sequoia was ready to be released Beta or Public.

Considering they possibly have to cater for their chip and soon to end Intel Macs. Quite a pickle there my friend. :hammer:

4 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

In order to gte beta updates you need to register your machine at beta.apple.com

Already registered, long ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@eSaFit is possible for some with some lucky apple id (and USA apple id ) to download a delta update of 1.74 Gb (15.1) from latest beta 4

not for all (and not for me) :)

Edited by fabiosun
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Trying to play around with it, I searched the App Store to find a way to open the download and got this popup.

The first pic is the actual download in a weird format ( I guess for T2 Macs but why say UniversalMac?).

Me very confused. :wallbash:

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 10.35.38.png

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 10.33.48.png

Just now, eSaF said:

Trying to play around with it, I searched the App Store to find a way to open the download and got this popup.

The first pic is the actual download in a weird format ( I guess for T2 Macs but why say UniversalMac?).

Me very confused. :wallbash:

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 10.35.38.png

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 10.33.48.png

you have to restore your device like we can do with an Iphone, but i see only ipsw for mac silicon

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

you have to restore your device like we can do with an Iphone, but i see only ipsw for mac silicon

Ok, I think I will sit this one out until Apple's next Beta release.

I have plenty to carry on with.

I am in the middle of putting Sequoia on a PCIe M.2 NVMe drive instead of the SSD SATA Test Drive.

Yes even at this early stage (I have a need for speed :lol:).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

I can select macOS Sequoia 15.1 Dev Beta as an option on iMac20,2 but I don't actually get an option to download either. May RestrictEvent.kext and sbvmm stopped working?

I have the notification for version 15.1 beta too but when it looks for the update it ends with the message that I am already updated with beta 15.0 24A5298h.

RestrictEvents is working at least as far as PCI slots and memory modules are concerned. But the command to detect virtual environment responds 0.

sysctl kern.hv_vmm_present
kern.hv_vmm_present: 0

Spoiler

15-1.thumb.png.329c14f4e53a15dd7375bca0e012028f.png

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, miliuco said:

I have the notification for version 15.1 beta too but when it looks for the update it ends with the message that I am already updated with beta 15.0 24A5298h.

RestrictEvents is working at least as far as PCI slots and memory modules are concerned. But the command to detect virtual environment responds 0.

@miliuco I don't think that matters.  OCLP's Open Core EFI has discontinued the hv_vmm kernel mod for a while now when the RestrictEvents sbvmm logic was enhanced.  Even my HackBookPro6,2 running Ventura shows kern.hv_vmm_present: 0.

EDIT: This explains that OCLP Devs were looking for an alternative to forcing hv_vmm_present = True.  I believe that OCLP / Acidanthera Devs succeeded when they revised RestrictEvents.kext (which no longer needs kern.hv_vmm_present = True).

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

Ok I still have Beta 15.0 on the Test Disk.

I will try a Restore and see what happens in ways of changing it to 15.1 release.

• Like 1

Nope!!! - Restore option just puts a fresh copy of Beta 15.0 back onto the drive.

So we are all stuck with this version until the next release.

• Like 4

As far as I know it's the first beta to introduce Apple Intelligence so no wonder if it's only Available for Apple Silicon, so if we can't get it on Intel Mac it's normal.

"Not for everyone

While a major change for Apple's operating systems, not every user will gain access to Apple Intelligence at launch.

For a start, it will require the use of Apple Silicon Mac models, Apple Silicon iPad models, the iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max. As future models roll out with better specifications, they too will be able to use Apple Intelligence."

Source: Appleinsider.com

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

As far as I know it's the first beta to introduce Apple Intelligence so no wonder if it's only Available for Apple Silicon, so if we can't get it on Intel Mac it's normal.

"Not for everyone

While a major change for Apple's operating systems, not every user will gain access to Apple Intelligence at launch.

For a start, it will require the use of Apple Silicon Mac models, Apple Silicon iPad models, the iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max. As future models roll out with better specifications, they too will be able to use Apple Intelligence."

Source: Appleinsider.com

So in other words, we are destined to remain poor cousins. :hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, eSaF said:

So in other words, we are destined to remain poor cousins. :hysterical:

Not destined to remain poor cousins per se, we choose too :D

Lots of guys here have killer hacks and can afford Macs if they want to but we rather to stay on our Hacks as long as possible than buying a Mac. Hacks are simply more fun to have IMHO, and more powerful to some extend.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, miliuco said:

I think "kern.hv_vmm_present" only will return "1",  when using the "old" booter and kernel patches, not the RE kext.

I have an imac12,2 and on Sonoma, RE is working, although "kern.hv_vmm_present" returns "0". 

EDIT: After enabling the Kernel Patches, "kern.hv_vmm_present" returns "1" indeed. And now I remember why they designed the kext: because Bluetooth firmware will not be loaded in this case, since the OS assumes that it is running in a VM environment so your "real" system will take care of BT instead.

So I don't really know how to test if the kext is working correctly under Sequoia or not, or if the update of the update happens in different stages based on the SMBIOS. All I can say is: I have 4 machines (2 of them are not legacy) where getting the newest update does not work after beta  24A5289h.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 1

beta 15.1 released is for testing Apple Intelligence, and M1 chip or following is required

How iOS 18.1 is available, but only for Apple Intelligence compatible devices

• Like 2

In the end, I think that RE is working fine but this 15.1 beta update is only for M1, not available for Intel machines. As a couple of you have said. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

15.1 beta update is only for M1, not available for Intel machines. As a couple of you have said. 

Yea Bro, I would hazard a bet although Ventura is offering Sequoia 15.1 upgrade, he will only get a 15.0 upgrade.

• Like 7

Good night from Brazil to all! I may be wrong (I would like to be) but Sequoia with the new frills iPhone Mirroring and the AI that I don't use, and thank God I don't need it, but the end is coming friends, enjoy the accents and the trip, because I've already started to save a little money, to buy something in the future, it loses its fun if it's not Hackintosh. In time, has anyone tested with or without OCLP 4k videos in Safari? Here only with Firefox and other browsers. SMBIOS Mapcro7,1 and iMacPro1,1 do not run, maximum 1080hp(60). 

:graduado:  :wink_anim:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Not destined to remain poor cousins per se, we choose too :D

Lots of guys here have killer hacks and can afford Macs if they want to but we rather to stay on our Hacks as long as possible than buying a Mac. Hacks are simply more fun to have IMHO, and more powerful to some extend.

Well there are many pros to keep on Hacks. Exercise for our brain, increasing control on swearing when things go bad, having some fun with friends, avoiding annoying wife's requests 'cause " I'm busy with updating" , listening to some good music in the meanwhile with headphones instead of hearing those disgusting commercial soundtracks from tv. I would add that it's a kind of fever almost the same exitement you have when you go fishing and also searching for something from girls but I'm old so I don't remember what it was .. or not :)

• Haha 7