[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Really helpful…

Sometimes you should check your tone! I've done nothing . Same configuration like in beta 3. If something changed, I would tell you.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 1

Is anyone using Menumeters with open core and not detecting CPU temp with Sonoma or Sequoia?

Detects hard drive temp OK with Open Core 101.

Menumeters configured to autolaunch at login, but works with FakeSMC and not Open Core 101.

Is there some specific config needed with Open Core?

Same thing with AirportItlwm.kext in Open Core kexts folder, loads in Sonoma with FakeSMC but not with Open Core 101.

Any ideas?

Edited by mek21

5 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Really helpful…

In fairness to @Stefanalmare, the level of detail in his response was commensurate with the level of detail in your problem report.  None and none.

For Sequoia, are you using the Sequoia build of IntelBluetoothFirmware 2.5.0 here?

EDIT: I am not using Bluetooth in my HackMini8,1, but I had successfully installed and configured Intel Bluetooth 2.4.0 it in Sonoma 14.5 to help someone else.  I just installed Intel Bluetooth 2.5.0 kexts (IntelBTPatcher and IntelBluetoothFirmware) with BlueToolFixup.kext 2.6.9.  In Sequoia Beta 4 (24A5298h), my Intel Bluetooth does not discover any devices (so it is also not working).  I am using Intel 9560NGW.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, taqieallah said:

sorry for late replay but i made this but still the same with very bad battery life

Check your Battery to see if it has received its full capacity. Maybe your device needs a Battery-related SSDT Patch.

• Like 1

After I unsuccessfully tested Intel Bluetooth in Sequoia, I booted Sonoma and found that my Bluetooth was no longer working in Sonoma.  I needed a full-power-down to restore working Intel Bluetooth in Sonoma as I describe here.  It appears that my Sequoia test left the Intel Bluetooth card in a borked state that needed to be reset.

I was still not able to get Intel Bluetooth working in Sequoia Beta 4 (24A5298h) with the OpenWireless 2.5.0 beta kexts.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Can I get a sanity check please.
I cannot get my trackpad working.

According to Windows it is an Elan0511.

I have updated the voodooinput.kext inside voodooi2c.kext but it still refuses to work.

Trackpad preferences are available in settings and it works fine in Windows 11 so i know it is not a hardware problem.

Acer Aspire 5 A55-55.

Trackpad fixed by removing VoodooI2CELAN.kext

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 1.13.18 pm.png

oc.zip

Edited by SavageAUS

43 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Can I get a sanity check please.

See before and after, done the updates for you (attached).

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-30at05_26_16.thumb.png.870d445867498db9e8ef8c514aff03d4.pngScreenshot2024-07-30at05_28_24.thumb.png.5bac5bb8f377b3b4064cbf4c304ceb73.png

Bootx64.efi is in red as it is missing from the EFI Folder as I guess you don't need it?

oc.zip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

click on I near macos Sequoia beta developer and choose 15.1 seed @surenmunoo

I don't know but from what I understand, it's exactly the same as Beta (24A5298h).

But I maybe wrong.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I don't know but from what I understand, it's exactly the same as Beta (24A5298h).

But I maybe wrong.

Hi @eSaF "macOS Sequoia 15.1 beta with Apple Intelligence. Apple has just released macOS Sequoia 15.1 beta 1 before even releasing macOS 15.0 to the public. That’s because the company has now confirmed that Apple Intelligence features won’t be available with the first version of iOS 18 and macOS Sequoia to be released this fall." (9to5mac)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @fabiosun Despite selected 15.1 developper beta: no update available on my Z390 config. 🥲

Same here. :surprised:

PS - Ok getting and down loading it from Apple Developer website.

Edited by eSaF

22 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Same here. :surprised:

PS - Ok getting and down loading it from Apple Developer website.

On Apple Developer website, only image for Apple Silicon. Strange !

• Like 1