[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, miliuco said:

@cankiulascmnfye and others

To disable gatekeeper now you must use profiles (mobileconfig files). @dhinakg has a profile to do this.  It's a little file to be installed in:

System Settings >> General >> Devices management >> + (Add).

Original profile is unsigned although it works fine.

It's easy to sign it by yourself with the app Hancock. Select a valid certificate (Apple Development account is valid) and the profile and get a new profile with -signed suffix in the name.

Disable.Gatekeeper.mobileconfig.zip 1.35 kB · 16 downloads

@miliuco my Master, I wish share another option to sign this profile, and its very usefull too. Thanks a Lot!! :graduated: Works fine and excellent to me! 

iMazing Editor

I use Certisign Digital Certificate so is more easy to do. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bfe4ff41d6edaa215c117dd7786c7dd4.png

image.png.8332e7dedf197a068da0088f32de869e.png

Captura de Tela 2024-07-25 às 21.19.35.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, miliuco said:

Following this post 

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/359530-pre-release-macos-sequoia/?do=findComment&comment=2823209

and thanking all the help messages, which have been many, in the end it seems to be a hardware failure.

I didn't know what else to look at, First Aid on that SSD was no mistake.

I installed Sequoia b4 on it from scratch with a USB installation stick and the installation did not finish, the system rebooted and booted again from the install Sequoia icon. I changed to another SSD, partitioned, installed beta 4 from USB, migrated data and settings from a disk with Ventura and so far everything has been fine.

Now to wait for the next beta and check if it updates properly.

@miliuco my friend, I consulted a great coder @Hnanoto from Hackintosh & Beyond   (You Tube Channel too)  friend who told me that this instability is actually occurring, only in Opencore. It's been unstable for months for SecureBootModel Disabled to run, but Default would be good to recognize. My Opencore installs normally and recognizes the OTA with Resctric Events from which I compile and its release in the zip file in the build folder is 59kb. Apparently similar to Lory89. But his depending on Opencore won't either. Mine here are all compiled, SSDTS, Opencore and kexts, and maybe that could be one of the reasons. But if you test the Quirks parameters, see that it greatly influences those who have a desktop to those who use a laptop. Best Regards my brother! 

:graduated:

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

@SelvagemAUS  I checked your plist and I saw that your key SecureBootModel was set to Default. I thinks is much better try this key with Disabled. I suppose  that you has update your Voodoo PS2 kexts, and if you use Synaptic trackpad, and if not works with Disabled, maybe you can change for this of mine Lenovo. But first try only with SecureBootModel Disabled. After that change for my kexts. This kexts is compatible with Sequoia. 

config with SecureBootModel Disabled (avoid use Default).zip 6.77 kB · 3 downloads

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip 137.86 kB · 2 downloads

VoodooSMBus.kext.zip 23.32 kB · 2 downloads

I can now boot into the installer with the attached EFI but I cannot see my internal SSD.

I have tried 2 x different ssd's with no luck, 1 intel and one western digital.

EFI.zip

• Like 1

@SavageAUS I saw that your first config.plist was complete but is need change Default for Disable on SecureBootModel Key.

Ok, but you post another plist missing your HPET and your SSD is not available because you forgot enable UsbinjectAll.kext and XHCI-Unsupported  kext. This last one use only to install. Disable after install and need map with python program like Usbmap or Hackintool usbports. It's ok you use basic EFI from Olarila.com, its Wonderfull work there,  but need fine tune your machine, and use SSDT that MaLD0n prepare and after, use SSDTTime to extract your ACPI tables, included patches. Without patches and USBinjectAll you will  never see your SSD or Usb 3.0. 

Your EFI modified I posted here 

Backup yours and reset nvram. 

• Like 1

The first EFI I posted was not for ice lake so I corrected it with the one I put in here. I have tried with and without usbinjectall and xhci-unsupported and these make no difference. I will use ssdttime and create my hpet and other ssdt’s and try again. I’m just using the pre built ones from Dortania.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

The first EFI I posted was not for ice lake so I corrected it with the one I put in here. I have tried with and without usbinjectall and xhci-unsupported and these make no difference. I will use ssdttime and create my hpet and other ssdt’s and try again. I’m just using the pre built ones from Dortania.

If you can start install or finish tell us 

I need go sleep (5 am) here, im working too much today, god bless you!!! In few hours im came back. Ask for help to Maldon, Dortania sometimes not works, I have no idea why. Keep going and you will get it !! 

Don't give up 

:wink_anim:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@SavageAUS

Please stop using Tapatalk, or if you have to use it mention people instead of quoting them, the messages you quote are messed up.

It was working fine for a while, don't know why it does that with my quotes. Maybe ios 18?

30 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

If you can start install or finish tell us 

I need go sleep (5 am) here, im working too much today, god bless you!!! In few hours im came back. Ask for help to Maldon, Dortania sometimes not works, I have no idea why. Keep going and you will get it !! 

Don't give up 

:wink_anim:

I don't plan on giving up. I can get to the installer now, just cannot see my SSD.

Updated EFI

EFI.zip

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 12:34 PM, SavageAUS said:

It was working fine for a while, don't know why it does that with my quotes. Maybe ios 18?

I don't know, might be iOS 18, it happens when you quote the entire message, if you mention people it might not happen.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, miliuco said:

@cankiulascmnfye and others

To disable gatekeeper now you must use profiles (mobileconfig files). @dhinakg has a profile to do this.  It's a little file to be installed in:

System Settings >> General >> Devices management >> + (Add).

Original profile is unsigned although it works fine.

It's easy to sign it by yourself with the app Hancock. Select a valid certificate (Apple Development account is valid) and the profile and get a new profile with -signed suffix in the name.

Disable.Gatekeeper.mobileconfig.zip 1.35 kB · 27 downloads

Hi @miliuco Thank a lot. Your profile work fine. Which is security item to use in the profile to disable Gatekeeper? Few day ago, I try iMazing profile configurator without success.

• Like 1

@Max. I think I figured out my problem. In my bios storage was set to intel rst without opting and greyed out so I couldn’t change it. I figured out how to access advanced options and have set it to AHCI. Will test soon and post results.

Edited by Shaneee
Fixed excessive emoji use from Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

told me that this instability is actually occurring, only in Opencore. It's been unstable for months for SecureBootModel Disabled to run, but Default would be good to recognize.

What do you mean by "it's been unstable for months for SecureBootModel Disabled to run"?  Are you saying that setting SecureBootModel = Disabled is causing problems with macOS?

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, deeveedee said:

My 43b1 works fine with AirportBrcmFixup.kext / OCLP

Hide contents

Screenshot2024-07-25at2_20_01PM.png.ca3f915c876a5ab5d7f2df323ef156ea.png

I needed to spoof IOName with earlier versions of OCLP, but not any more.  Are you sure your "compatible" argument is still required?

Are you just using airport brcmfix up with out the other kext for brcmnic- injector kext??

• Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 12:55 PM, chris1111 said:

Hi @bluenote56 No Apple change the rule you only need to be connect on your Apple account, its free for all, then you have all the options

image.png.01fa800eebe935441b3b9a76e235a2ba.png

Hi Chris, I connected to my Apple account and though it said I was non enlisted in the Apple developer account, I could update. Thanks as usual. I must eat some more fish, drink maybe less beer and listen to more rock music to counteract aging. All this actual trash "so called" music makes it worse. Insanelymac rules as Led Zeppelin. Cheers

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @miliuco Thank a lot. Your profile work fine. Which is security item to use in the profile to disable Gatekeeper? Few day ago, I try iMazing profile configurator without success.

It’s the command itself, Disable Gatekeeper. 
iMazing works fine too for me but it’s more complex to use. 
Anyway this profile was offered by one of the 2 OCLP main developers. As it’s a text file, it’s easy to check that there is no weird code. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, miliuco said:

It’s the command itself, Disable Gatekeeper. 
iMazing works fine too for me but it’s more complex to use. 
Anyway this profile was offered by one of the 2 OCLP main developers. As it’s a text file, it’s easy to check that there is no weird code. 

Thanks. Bro.😋

• Like 1

21 hours ago, eSaF said:

This is my setting for my Desk Top Icons.

They all stay exactly in the same place as I set them on every reboot.

Hide contents

Screenshot2024-07-25at19_24_28.png.3fd6a66a389f6f5f08982ef90e677c07.pngScreenshot2024-07-25at19_28_55.png.ea1f60d5c484949fc1a77d5cd0911521.png

Will try this.

Thank you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, taqieallah said:

hi .. does anybody facing high temp on beta 4 ? in windows temp never goes after 70 but on mac reach 95 - im using cpu freind and cputsync 

You may need to regenerate CPUFriendDataProvider.kext using CPUFriendFriend. If you are using a Laptop, you can use OneKeyCPUFriend to generate a more accurate CPUFriendDataProvider.kext. Also, delete CPUTscSync.kext and replace it with ForgedInvariant.kext. This replacement will help your computer better (for Laptops).

• Like 1