[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, robi62 said:

t I just want to see how is your bluetooh as mine doesnt work very well in air drop etc So I can compare to mine and maybe see what needs to be done

Of course are you using Opencore or Clover? Im not use any kexts to active Bluetooth or Wireless. 

Just put extract device plist with Hackintool on DeviceProperties 

Tell me please, what boot loader plist you needed 

image.thumb.png.a78dc953102cafef6a147e160903dc23.png

5 hours ago, deeveedee said:

Flawless installation of macOS Sequoia Beta 4 on my 2010 HackBookPro6,2.  Still not applying OCLP post-install patches for Nvidia graphics, but Sequoia is working incredibly well on this old hack.  🚀

About This Hack

Hide contents

Screenshot2024-07-24at4_24_51PM.png.fc3e1e91bef23d80c4e1f407aa50195b.png

Pretty cool!!Ur graphic card works OOB without OCLP patched??

• Like 3

I know this is off topic but I could use some help. I do plan to install Sequoia on this hack once I get it up and running so maybe not so off topic.

EDIT:

I am no longer getting the same message as before, now I am getting stuck at AHCI start 514 successfully initialized AHCI controller. System just hangs here.

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Of course are you using Opencore or Clover? Im not use any kexts to active Bluetooth or Wireless. 

Just put extract device plist with Hackintool on DeviceProperties 

Tell me please, what boot loader plist you needed 

image.thumb.png.a78dc953102cafef6a147e160903dc23.png

@Max.1974 I use opencore 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chris1111 said:

You need setting up Sequoia Developper Update

image.png.800c6e3b88279210d151397b5555b9c9.png

Hi, well it happens with age that you can go gaga including me, but I was sure I had the developer option working. That's because I had used your own utility a "looong" time ago on this ssd when it was even Catalina. I didn' t checked it was still working. With Sequoia it doesn't. I should pay Apple now since the old way to get it (as you well know) doesn't work any more. Or maybe I miss something (see tha gaga thing). Thanks anyway.  BTW I use almost everything you develop for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Following this post 

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/359530-pre-release-macos-sequoia/?do=findComment&comment=2823209

and thanking all the help messages, which have been many, in the end it seems to be a hardware failure.

I didn't know what else to look at, First Aid on that SSD was no mistake.

I installed Sequoia b4 on it from scratch with a USB installation stick and the installation did not finish, the system rebooted and booted again from the install Sequoia icon. I changed to another SSD, partitioned, installed beta 4 from USB, migrated data and settings from a disk with Ventura and so far everything has been fine.

Now to wait for the next beta and check if it updates properly.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Hi everyone just swapped my intel wifi for a dell dw1560  on my hp 1030 g1but cant seem to make wifi work???

Any help appreciated

@Max.1974 you had it working in Sonoma … how did you manage??

Getting frustrated 😢

This is config I use

E265972A-701F-4C94-937F-B99BB834579B.jpeg

config.plist

Edited by robi62
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bluenote56 said:

Hi, well it happens with age that you can go gaga including me, but I was sure I had the developer option working. That's because I had used your own utility a "looong" time ago on this ssd when it was even Catalina. I didn' t checked it was still working. With Sequoia it doesn't. I should pay Apple now since the old way to get it (as you well know) doesn't work any more. Or maybe I miss something (see tha gaga thing). Thanks anyway.  BTW I use almost everything you develop for us.

Hi @bluenote56 No Apple change the rule you only need to be connect on your Apple account, its free for all, then you have all the options

image.png.01fa800eebe935441b3b9a76e235a2ba.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

Bro no worries, it would have been the last thing any one of us would have suspected, otherwise it would have been mentioned in the numerous tips offered.

Surprised First Aid didn't pick up on it but then again stranger things have and do happen in this Hack game.

Glad you got it sorted and was abled to join the happy gang.( until the next time). :lol:

I am still head scratching why my iPhone Camera only connects by USB and not wireless as it does in Sonoma.

Another bugbear I have is the very latest OCLP 1.6.0 Nightly throws up Unsupported OS whereas the version before is perfect.

Ah well, the Devs did announce nothing major will be moving forward until August so I guess I will have to wait and see.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, HurricaneX said:

Pretty cool!!Ur graphic card works OOB without OCLP patched??

It is cool - I agree! 😀 

Nvidia Tesla drives the display well enough to use Safari (true so far for all Beta versions of Sequoia), but without full graphics acceleration.  Sequoia is the first macOS since I started testing Big Sur on this old hack where macOS and Safari are actually usable without NVidia Tesla drivers.  

However, full Nvidia Tesla graphics acceleration won't be achieved until OCLP is able to apply Sequoia post-install patches for Nvidia.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 4

Thanks to those who posted the standalone installer for DP4.

This release finally booted to the desktop.

Incidentally, Sequoia DP4 wifi works ok with Heliport and Itlwm.kext/supported Intel wifi.

MacFuse 4.8.0 works with Sequoia DP4 if you have required drivers and need to access NTFS in RW as well as Ext2/Ext4.

https://github.com/osxfuse/osxfuse/releases/download/macfuse-4.8.0/macfuse-4.8.0.dmg

By the way, before Sonoma arranging drive icons on the desktop stayed where they were put.

Since Sonoma there are right-click choices, including "none".  However choosing "none" and arranging the icons results in their positions being moved around after a reboot.

Does anyone know if there is a config to tell mac os to leave the desktop icons where they are put?

Edited by mek21
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, robi62 said:

Hi everyone just swapped my intel wifi for a dell dw1560  on my hp 1030 g1but cant seem to make wifi work???

Any help appreciated

@Max.1974 you had it working in Sonoma … how did you manage??

Getting frustrated 😢

This is config I use

Hi my friend, you need use argument "compatible" with device "14e4,43a0", because your CARD IS 4352 (43b1)  and need this patch on your device properties.

Test and try run with this update kexts on your EFI, don't forget OC Clean Snapshot or update with Opencore Configurator for Opencore EFI and Clover not need that. Use Proprer Tree. 

Use this kexts if you needed 

https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/releases/tag/2.6.8 

Only this kexts

BrcmFirmwareData.kext

BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

If your Bluetooth not working, try with BlueToolFixup.kext 

Your config plist ziped with only this arguments add 

👇

config.plist.zip

image.png.2a1e02b2aa3b245522df2e4f0114d115.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Eu sei que isso está fora do assunto, mas eu poderia usar alguma ajuda. Eu pretendo instalar o Sequoia neste hack assim que o colocar em funcionamento, então talvez não tão fora do assunto.

EDITAR:

Não estou mais recebendo a mesma mensagem de antes, agora estou ficando preso no controlador AHCI inicializado com sucesso no AHCI 514. O sistema simplesmente tranda aqui.

@SelvagemAUS  I checked your plist and I saw that your key SecureBootModel was set to Default. I thinks is much better try this key with Disabled. I suppose  that you has update your Voodoo PS2 kexts, and if you use Synaptic trackpad, and if not works with Disabled, maybe you can change for this of mine Lenovo. But first try only with SecureBootModel Disabled. After that change for my kexts. This kexts is compatible with Sequoia. 

config with SecureBootModel Disabled (avoid use Default).zip

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

VoodooSMBus.kext.zip

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1

Does someone know what to enter, to disable Gatekeeper?

Becasue the old command is deprecated:

sudo spctl --master-disable
Password:
This operation is no longer supported. To disable the assessment subsystem, please use configuration profiles.

42 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi my friend, you need use argument "compatible" with device "14e4,43a0", because your CARD IS 4352 (43b1)  and need this patch on your device properties.

My 43b1 works fine with AirportBrcmFixup.kext / OCLP

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-25at2_20_01PM.png.ca3f915c876a5ab5d7f2df323ef156ea.png

I needed to spoof IOName with earlier versions of OCLP, but not any more.  Are you sure your "compatible" argument is still required?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I know this is off topic but I could use some help. I do plan to install Sequoia on this hack once I get it up and running so maybe not so off topic.

EDIT:

I am no longer getting the same message as before, now I am getting stuck at AHCI start 514 successfully initialized AHCI controller. System just hangs here.

Hi SavageAUS, from the error "AHCI" u mentioned I see that u have an incompatible kext file.. try to install with basic kext and no third party kext files and I am sure it will work. If you installing Sequoia with AMD try not to include NootRed for installation

Edited by maly70

1 hour ago, mek21 said:

By the way, before Sonoma arranging drive icons on the desktop stayed where they were put.

Since Sonoma there are right-click choices, including "none".  However choosing "none" and arranging the icons results in their positions being moved around after a reboot.

Does anyone know if there is a config to tell mac os to leave the desktop icons where they are put?

This is my setting for my Desk Top Icons.

They all stay exactly in the same place as I set them on every reboot.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-25at19_24_28.png.3fd6a66a389f6f5f08982ef90e677c07.pngScreenshot2024-07-25at19_28_55.png.ea1f60d5c484949fc1a77d5cd0911521.png

• Like 3

1 minute ago, eSaF said:

This is my setting for my Desk Top Icons.

They all stay exactly in the same place as I set them on every reboot.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot2024-07-25at19_24_28.png.3fd6a66a389f6f5f08982ef90e677c07.pngScreenshot2024-07-25at19_28_55.png.ea1f60d5c484949fc1a77d5cd0911521.png

Nice Work mate 👍

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Does someone know what to enter, to disable Gatekeeper?

Becasue the old command is deprecated:

sudo spctl --master-disable
Password:
This operation is no longer supported. To disable the assessment subsystem, please use configuration profiles.

EDIT: I thought @ameenjuz found a solution?  Not sure.

Edited by deeveedee

@cankiulascmnfye and others

To disable gatekeeper now you must use profiles (mobileconfig files). @dhinakg has a profile to do this.  It's a little file to be installed in:

System Settings >> General >> Devices management >> + (Add).

Original profile is unsigned although it works fine.

It's easy to sign it by yourself with the app Hancock. Select a valid certificate (Apple Development account is valid) and the profile and get a new profile with -signed suffix in the name.

Disable.Gatekeeper.mobileconfig.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, deeveedee said:

My 43b1 works fine with AirportBrcmFixup.kext / OCLP

Hide contents

Screenshot2024-07-25at2_20_01PM.png.ca3f915c876a5ab5d7f2df323ef156ea.png

I needed to spoof IOName with earlier versions of OCLP, but not any more.  Are you sure your "compatible" argument is still required?

Nope, because im not use this card anymore, I had used a long time ago and I had need used this arg, just try help guy 😁

11 hours ago, miliuco said:

Following this post 

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/359530-pre-release-macos-sequoia/?do=findComment&comment=2823209

and thanking all the help messages, which have been many, in the end it seems to be a hardware failure.

I installed Sequoia b4 on it from scratch with a USB installation stick and the installation did not finish, the system rebooted and booted again from the install Sequoia icon. I changed to another SSD, partitioned, installed beta 4 from USB, migrated data and settings from a disk with Ventura and so far everything has been fine.

Now to wait for the next beta and check if it updates properly.

miliuco, I am happy for you congratulations

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Test and try run with this update kexts on your EFI, don't forget OC Clean Snapshot or update with Opencore Configurator for Opencore EFI and Clover not need that. Use Proprer Tree. 

Use this kexts if you needed 

https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/releases/tag/2.6.8 

Only this kexts

BrcmFirmwareData.kext

BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

If your Bluetooth not working, try with BlueToolFixup.kext 

Your config plist ziped with only this arguments add 

👇

config.plist.zip 5.73 kB · 1 download

image.png.2a1e02b2aa3b245522df2e4f0114d115.png

@Max.1974 Ill try that thank you my friend

• Like 1