[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, ANTIKO said:

Hello! This is my vacation)), No one is bothering me here)).

So basically you can do as you please!!??

I love it. Enjoy your 'Me Time' my friend. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hello. I have a problem with the beta 4 update that I haven't had until now. Software Update offers the update, starts the download, progresses to a point (not always the same) and then stops with the warning "Could not install macOS. Please check that you have an Internet connection and try again." I have Ethernet too.

Of course this happens with an active connection, I am browsing during the beta 4 download and when it shows the warning.

I have tried:

• Wi-Fi Fenvi
    • OLCP root patch applied
    • without applying OCLP root patch
  • W-Fi Intel
  • without Wi-Fi (only Ethernet)
  • SMBIOS
    • iMac19,1
    • iMac20,2 with RestrictEvents and revpatch=sbvmm
  • SecureBootModel
    • x86legacy (iMac19,1 without OLCLP)
    • j185f (iMac20,2 without OCLP)
    • disabled (both SMBIOS with OCLP).

Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have a fix for this?

Speedtest while downloading beta 4 and when the warning appears:

speedtest.png.855915d6259888aa97fa4d23036ae925.png

This is the warning (Spanish):

Spoiler

Warning.png.3b5926a2e3a95c1c43deb74f6b990052.png

Edited by miliuco
Fix typo
  • Like 3
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

Hello. I have a problem with the beta 4 update that I haven't had until now. Software Update offers the update, starts the download, progresses to a point (not always the same) and then stops with the warning "Could not install macOS. Please check that you have an Internet connection and try again." I have Ethernet too.

Of course this happens with an active connection, I am browsing during the beta 4 download and when it shows the warning.

I have tried:

• Wi-Fi Fenvi
  • W-Fi Intel
  • SMBIOS
    • iMac19,1
  • SecureBootModel

Reveal hidden contents

Nope I don’t have this error Its weird You have internet but it says you dont.

very weird

muy extraño

• Like 2

I have tried:

• Wi-Fi Fenvi
  • W-Fi Intel
  • SMBIOS
    • iMac19,1
  • SecureBootModel

Reveal hidden contents

It's really strange, for example, I downloaded it via an iPhone, via a USB cord. Maybe you need to look at what's there according to EN0, EN1?

• Like 4

I have tried:

• Wi-Fi Fenvi
  • W-Fi Intel
  • SMBIOS
    • iMac19,1
  • SecureBootModel

Hi @miliuco Same issue here (Z390 Aorus Master, SMBIOS iMac20,1) 🥲

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Bro, I did not have such problem, but I am confused, if the pic is a true representation of your speed, the drop in connection during the download should not have occurred. Compared to my connection speed, you're light years faster than my own or am I missing something here?

My connection is fibre optic and my subscription package is 150.00 Mbs (approx. according to the provider) depending on the time of day and internet traffic.

Now that Schools are on holiday here is another factor (Dam those pesky little internet surfers:lol:) so the drop in my speed is kind of expected.

I didn't notice any anomalies during my download as it took approx: 30 - 35 including installation time.

In the IOS 18 Beta  just released also, it is mentioned the modem had a changed so I don't know if that was also carried over to Sequoia Beta 4 as well.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-24at11_19_05.png.fa4042f8ff28732669b586042f43b054.png

• Like 4

I did this - deleted the OCLP patches, then changed EFI 20.1 to 19.1. downloaded the 1.8Gb update, installed, returned 20.1, applied the patch, that's it.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, miliuco said:

Hello. I have a problem with the beta 4 update

In the Beta 3 update, I received the warning "The update could not be installed on your computer". I solved the problem by downloading Beta 3 pkg. Maybe it can give an idea.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @miliuco @eSaF

I retry to download again Beta 4... Issue appears during preparation stage 🥲

Hi again @miliuco  @eSaF

EDIT: after several complete restarts and new update attempts, the next phases are underway... Strangely enough, the screen is black but the hard disk is working.
Last stage: Beta 4 installed without any change (SMBIOS, etc) I never use OCLP on my Z390 😃

Since Beta 3, I can't have verbose mode with Clover !!! Sequoia takes a very long time to display the login screen.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, strangeron said:

In the Beta 3 update, I received the warning "The update could not be installed on your computer". I solved the problem by downloading Beta 3 pkg. Maybe it can give an idea.

Yes but last time I checked it (few hours ago) standalone installer is not available yet. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Yes but last time I checked it (few hours ago) standalone installer is not available yet. 

Yes unfortunately. I was lucky in Beta 3

• Like 1

5 hours ago, miliuco said:

It might sound crazy but can you try to download with just 8Gb of Ram, or 16Gb depends of how much Ram do you have?

I remember I've had an issue with downloading an update. Cant remember what the error was but it was fixed by removing 2 of my 4 ram sticks.

• Like 4

I have also updated without problems.... 🫡

Capturadepantalla2024-07-24alas17_10_58.png.776b2d4e3ad4d9f2ef4053200b7466bc.png

I've already changed hardware again 😅 ( The RX6950XT reference model from AMD came defective when I used it intensively, the Hot Spot reached 118 degrees Celsius, I have installed a Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil Ultimate while it is not replaced.  )... and next week I'll try a Ryzen 9950x... let's see if it works on MacOS 

• Like 8

Beta 4 update went fine on Z690 hack.

@miliuco

I've had the same issue with the previous beta (beta 3) so I had to use the full installer to update my system, but the 4th update was OK.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Irish_Man said:

It might sound crazy but can you try to download with just 8Gb of Ram, or 16Gb depends of how much Ram do you have?

I remember I've had an issue with downloading an update. Cant remember what the error was but it was fixed by removing 2 of my 4 ram sticks.

Okay, I'll try and comment, It doesn't make sense but we've seen stranger things. Because I still have the issue and we still have the standalone installer not available.

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Okay, I'll try and comment, It doesn't make sense but we've seen stranger things. Because I still have the issue and we still have the standalone installer not available.

That is so crazy Bro, considering the previous Betas you had no trouble.

Hopefully by tomorrow the standalone will be available.

Very frustrating indeed.

• Like 2

Hi @miliuco  my dear friend! 

My friend, with your experience I can just help with some tips that you are certainly more aware of than me. 

My hacks went up smoothly with several RestrictEvents tips, Lory's, Dortania's and the one I compiled manually. One is 59kb, the other is 71kb and the compiled one is 80kb. 

I have no longer used the bluetooth kexts nor the firmware or patchram3, so I advise removing them if possible. 

I would like to tell you that something happens when we use Clover and Opencore interchangeably. I imagine you tried both. But it's worth trying to upload with Clover well configured, because I believe it's more stable for that. 

Another important thing is to check if you have a Bios update and, whenever possible, "Load Optimal Defaults" in the Bios before proceeding with the update. 

As a last resort, it's worth fixing the Kernel caches, and Maldon has a wonderful tool in Olarila. Follows attached. But I believe it is something related to your kexts, or perhaps an SSDT that is not very well fixed. 

Another important thing is to know that when you change SMBIOS, if you happen to use the excellent kext for usb ports, usbports.kext contains SMBIOS. For example, I use SSDT with the compiled RHUBS, and this solved my problem. In the UPC corrective method. 

The detail is that when we use Usbports it contains SMBIOS in the plist internally. If you can check (if this is your mapping kext). 

Hugs!!

At the time: I forgot said to try iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS: its better to me that others. 

Olarila Repair tool 

Por causa de um problema - Novo Repair 2.zip

Edited by Max.1974
upload
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, deeveedee said:

Please post full EFIs.  See this and this.

EDIT: I think there is an echo in here.  :lol:

Links are for Incompatible hardware, even when boot args modified to boot with required cpus=1, the result is KP.

@Max.1974

Thank you, you are very kind. 

I've tried everything I can think of. Also of course SMBIOS on iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1.
It could be that there's something corrupted or damaged on the system itself, some macOS file or something, and I'm messing around with the settings and the fix isn't there.
Anyway, when the standalone installer is available I'll install the full beta 4 to see if it fixes it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mek21 said:

Links are for Incompatible hardware, even when boot args modified to boot with required cpus=1, the result is KP.

I feel as though you are testing me (and I am failing).

@miliuco Have you tried running diskutil firstaid on your disk, container and volumes before upgrading?  Your situation is puzzling.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Your situation is puzzling.

I'll say!!! I am sitting here racking my few grey cells what could be the problem.

It is so unusual as he normally sails through the updates without a problem such as this.

Funny you should mention running 'First Aid' as I am a staunch advocate of doing just so.

In the past I ran this utility and found some error codes I didn't understand on the volumes and not knowing how to correct them, I opted for a clean Install.

The clean install got rid of those errors which I suspect were ported over from the update from previous hence I always prefer a clean install whenever possible.

My boring routine since then is to run 'Fist Aid' on my volumes after every update for piece of mind. 

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@Max.1974

Thank you, you are very kind. 

I've tried everything I can think of. Also of course SMBIOS on iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1.
It could be that there's something corrupted or damaged on the system itself, some macOS file or something, and I'm messing around with the settings and the fix isn't there.
Anyway, when the standalone installer is available I'll install the full beta 4 to see if it fixes it.

Have you checked to make sure you have adequate disk space?

• Like 2