[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

@eSaF My sarcasm must have been too subtle.  I just re-read your post.  You are correct.  My sarcasm has no place here.  Please accept my apology.  And to you, too, @mek21.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@eSaF My sarcasm must have been too subtle.  I just re-read your post.  You are correct.  My sarcasm has no place here.  Please accept my apology.  And to you, too, @mek21.

No worries my friend, what may seem to be lighthearted banter to you and me, may offend others.  

• Like 3

@fabiosun I thought I had already upgraded to Sequoia Beta 3?  I, too, am receiving the upgrade notice and the estimated upgrade size is a full installer.  I am not using OCLP and SIP is fully enabled, so I'm surprised by the installer size.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-15at1_45_31PM.png.441424d8be6bfca17a31cee2f20282ef.png

EDIT: MacRumors is indicating that this is a revised Beta 3.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, mek21 said:

Here are the configs for both clover and opencore, black screen after login with clover 5159

Just to clarify... your black screen issue happens only with CLOVER 5159, so you do not see the black screen with Open Core?  In other words, your Open Core EFI works fine without black screen, but your CLOVER EFI produces a black screen?

22 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@fabiosun I thought I had already upgraded to Sequoia Beta 3?  I, too, am receiving the upgrade notice and the estimated upgrade size is a full installer.  I am not using OCLP and SIP is fully enabled, so I'm surprised by the installer size.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot2024-07-15at1_45_31PM.png.441424d8be6bfca17a31cee2f20282ef.png

EDIT: MacRumors is indicating that this is a revised Beta 3.

Same thing here, even with OCLP not applied, it downloaded a full installer and not an expected delta. I thought this was the problem, but apparently it must be general.

• Sad 1

Sequoia Beta 3.1 to Beta 3.2 via OTA completed without issues on my HackMini8,1.  Not using OCLP and SIP is fully enabled.

About This Hack: Sequoia Beta 3.2

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-15at2_46_50PM.png.b0ed09e4a76d6cf802dec77339b9305c.png

• Like 5

@fabiosun

24A5289h is the same build of the beta 3 I had since a few days ago. 

However, macOS is offering to me a new beta 3, full size this time although I don't have OLCP and SIP is enabled.

🤫

Spoiler

beta3-2.thumb.png.b11fbae2074888ece176fae79d6ac95d.png

1 minute ago, deeveedee said:

Sequoia Beta 3.1 to Beta 3.2 via OTA completed without issues on my HackMini8,1.  Not using OCLP and SIP is fully enabled.

Did you get full size or incremental update?

Edited by miliuco
Fix typo
  • Like 3

@miliuco The full installer via OTA.   So far, all who have posted are getting the full installer for Sequoia Beta 3.2.

EDIT: @miliuco I tried to upgrade my HackBookPro6,2 via OTA.  Even though Sequoia Beta3.2 OTA appears to be the "full size," I think it might still be different from creating a full installer.  The reason I'm guessing this, is that my HackBookPro6,2 will not upgrade to Sequoia Beta 3.2 via the 14+ GB OTA.  I think I am still going to have to create a Sequoia Beta 3.2 USB installer to perform the upgrade.  On my HackMini8,1 (with SMBIOS MacMini8,1 that is still fully supported by Sequoia), Sequoia Beta 3.2 OTA worked without issues.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

Well, the same thing happens to me as everyone else. 🤷‍♂️  ( No OCLP, SIP enabled ) 

Capturadepantalla2024-07-15alas22_29_29.thumb.png.51049556b76096159daf2839df60aa56.png

PS: I have changed the RX 6700 10Gb for an AMD RX 6950 XT reference model, the design is very beautiful 🥰 ... And it works very well on MacOS 

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 4

Updated to second beta 3 with no issues. Enabled RestrictEvents and added revpatch=sbvmm to boot args, full update (no OCLP), OpenCore 1.0.0, iMac20,2 SMBIOS, SecureBootModel=x86legacy.

Spoiler

beta3-2.thumb.png.de77fc62d0ab701d35082716c3e32d71.png

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, CloverLeaf said:

I am confused by your signature :D 

Which part? 😀

OT: those who like Mist, it has been updated to Sequoia.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Which part? 😀

OT: those who like Mist, it has been updated to Sequoia.

The i7-9900K :D 

I am yet to do the latest update. Anybody to share what's improved/broken ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

After two failed attempts to apply what appeared to be the full 14+ GB installer via OTA, I resorted to upgrading my HackBookPro6,2 to Sequoia Beta 3.2 via a full USB installer.  The upgrade via USB installer proceeded without issues.  This upgrade experience is no different from all previous installations since Big Sur which require the full USB installer on my HackBookPro6,2, so while it is approximately the size of a "full install," the OTA is not actually a full installer.

Note that I have not applied any OCLP post install patches to this hack, so I am posting from my "unaccelerated" HackBookPro6,2 with Safari running in Sequoia Beta 3.2.  As with previous versions of Sequoia Beta, the responsiveness of this 2010 laptop is surprising despite the absence of Nvidia graphics patches.

About This Hack: Sequoia Beta 3.2

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-15at5_31_37PM.png.1df7e4a151d36ed928ecacb43a767887.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mek21 said:

Anyone have a fix for black screen after login, no desktop, beta 3 Sequoia?   Is this a graphics issue with 520 spoofed as kabylake?

hi is it a desktop or laptop????????

I believe you have an hp laptop

I amended your config try it works for my 2 laptops and let me know

opencore101_config.plist.zip

Edited by robi62
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, maly70 said:

24A5289h is the Public beta and 24A5289g is the dev beta

That does seem plausible and even likely. Funny that it appeared as a  new upgrade in the Developer channel. Thanks for the clarification.

• Like 2