[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

687 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

Has anyone else notice FileVault turned on after first reboot and also know how I can turn it off(!) please?

Yes, so far it's a given with this OS,  whether it will stay as a permanent feature going forward is another thing.

Have a look in Feedback Assistant there is a note detailing exactly how to turn it off.

It takes roughly 5 to 10 minutes for it to revert to normal.

Good luck.

PS - Feedback Assistant is a good place to look for changes or Bug Fixes whenever a new version or update comes available.

Edited by eSaF
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Yes, so far it's a given with this OS,  whether it will stay as a permanent feature going forward is another thing.

Have a look in Feedback Assistant there is a note detailing exactly how to turn it off.

It takes roughly 5 to 10 minutes for it to revert to normal.

Good luck.

PS - Feedback Assistant is a good place to look for changes or Bug Fixes whenever a new version or update comes available.

I wonder if it was still encrypting when I tried to turn it off, it was being reported as on but the progress bar underneath was just cycling. 

@turko35408 - I am clutching at straws here but based on my own try this.

Insure your running the latest OC and kext versions (won't hurt, that's what I did).

Also try disabling RestrictEvents.kext, I am running without it despite the fact it is probably needed by Sonoma.

Reboot, clean NVRAM and see if you can make progress.

Good luck

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@turko35408 - I am clutching at straws here but based on my own try this.

Insure your running the latest OC and kext versions (won't hurt, that's what I did).

Also try disabling RestrictEvents.kext, I am running without it despite the fact it is probably needed by Sonoma.

Reboot, clean NVRAM and see if you can make progress.

Good luck

I've tried them all, but it doesn't work.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, D-an-W said:

Has anyone else notice FileVault turned on after first reboot and also know how I can turn it off(!) please?

Just go to here and try disable password to make logon (login) on boot screen and than system will offer to you Disable Encrypting 

Captura de Tela 2024-06-11 às 10.17.22.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, turko35408 said:

@Shaneee  Hi. All kernel patches are ok. The BIOS settings have been reviewed, but this is the case. The same EFI opens Sonoma without problems.20240611_031309.thumb.jpg.fc17a68b1c2e1a236019fb3f6143fc7c.jpg

config.plist 63.32 kB · 4 downloads

You've only added the updated PAT patch. There's another new one and others need their MaxKernel adjusted. Paste over the patches replacing what you've got and set your core count again in the top patches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

You've only added the updated PAT patch. There's another new one and others need their MaxKernel adjusted. Paste over the patches replacing what you've got and set your core count again in the top patches.

I'll try, thanks. :)

5 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Just go to here and try disable password to make logon (login) on boot screen and than system will offer to you Disable Encrypting 

Captura de Tela 2024-06-11 às 10.17.22.png

My encryption appears to be paused at 13% and as yet not found a way to resume it or turn it off.

EDIT: Got it to complete the process using Terminal in Recovery.

Edited by D-an-W
  • Like 1

I installed and tried it on my 2018 MacBook Pro last night and does not seem much different to Sonoma. Maybe some different placements for some settings and Safari looks different but not much. Runs smooth has well. 

Edited by surenmunoo

1 hour ago, D-an-W said:

My encryption appears to be paused at 13% and as yet not found a way to resume it or turn it off.

EDIT: Got it to complete the process using Terminal in Recovery.

Very awesome, to me works very fast, unless 3 minutes. How command are you using to make disable on Recovery mode? Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Very awesome, to me works very fast, unless 3 minutes. How command are you using to make disable on Recovery mode? Thanks! 

It was a post on Reddit I found that enabled me to complete the process which means I can now turn off FileVault in the OS (Taking much longer than 3 minutes though!).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ismolika said:

When i install google chrome and open it, system crashes.

I had to move chrome to trash to be able to keep it stable. 

I hazard a guess there is serious misconfiguration on your system.

I am using Chrome to watch Amazon and Netflix movies no problem.

You need to look at your setup again.

7 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I hazard a guess there is serious misconfiguration on your system.

I am using Chrome to watch Amazon and Netflix movies no problem.

You need to look at your setup again.

I agree but no clue how and where to look. I am typing this in sonoma using chrome at the moment. All other browsers working fine with Sequoia.

Hi there, has anyone any clue on why Voodoo ItwoC (thanks tapatalk for messing) kexts? I’m using GPIO Interrupt mode if it matters