[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

The source I downloaded (with --branch sequoia-development) has max_os = sequoia

🥴 I was in the source code of the main branch.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, deeveedee said:

Maybe you should post your EFI for others to inspect.

hi I can show you my config as I cannot post my efi for size limit

at the moment I still have intel wifi as I put it back when not booting

config.plist

Edited by robi62

Posted (edited)

@robi62 Trim your EFI down to just the OC/config.plist and OC/Kexts.  Then compress and post.

EDIT: @robi62 Copy your EFI to a safe place BEFORE you trim it and compress it.  Don't trim the EFI on your boot-drive.

Edited by deeveedee

Well, I have put the BCM4360 back in the Lenovo, I have patched the system and now the wifi and airdrop are working fine 👌

Capturadepantalla2024-07-04alas21_36_23.thumb.png.827a33c39b833ca7a5039fc56ce869e0.png

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

I managed to install OCP 1.6.0 and it works, but first I had install Lilu 1.6.8, AMFIPass.kext 1.4.1 and in MISC - block - MaxKernel input 24.99.99, and run the OCLP, and it worked...

Now I have Wifi working

Thank you

Captura de ecrã 2024-07-04, às 20.52.43.png

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@MorenoAv Kernel 24.99.99 is Sequoia.

EDIT: Currently, without a macOS newer than Sequoia, setting MaxKernel to 24.99.99 in Kernel > Add is the same as deleting the MaxKernel limit.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It looks like at least some of the Sequoia legacy OCLP graphics patches are being developed in OCLP branch jazzzny-ts1

• Like 3

Well, I got there in the end thanks to the link provided by @robi62 and the advice of @deeveedee

I managed to install the latest OCLP nightly version on Sequoia and all is working apart from Camera Continuity which is only working via USB and not wireless as in Sonoma.

When I tried it before, it would cause the p/c to lock up forcing a hard reset.

With the installation of OCLP 1.6.0, now the handoff to iPhone camera just produce a black screen in F/Time without the freeze/lockup.

Thanks to all for the help and advice, as a matter fact, thanks to whole IM Community for helping an old geyser find a sometime enjoyable past time over the years I have been a member.

Cheers all. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, awesome news!! There some update that "family" kexts to use?

Are you can provide the link? Thanks!!! Congrats to all 

:thumbsup_anim: 

Is there on OCLP source code ?

image.png.8fd680230237f9d9481a473c81e4183e.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, eSaF said:

thanks to whole IM Community for helping an old geyser...

Certainly not to be confused with "old geezer" 😂 

I've spent some time in Iceland where they pronounce "geyser" as "geezer".

• Haha 6

Just now, deeveedee said:

Certainly not to be confused with "old geezer" 😂 

I've spent some time in Iceland where they pronounce "geyser" as "geezer".

Yes 'geezer' is what I should have spelt and written but I was trying to be intellectual but failed miserably.

Here is where I use 'Old Age' as an excuse (you'd be surprised how often that will work). :hysterical:

• Haha 5

@MorenoAv Hi Bro this is slightly off topic but in your wireless pic, your WiFi/Wireless is registered as en0 and Ethernet is en1.

Mine is the other way around (see pic attached) which is supposedly correct, I don't think it matters a great deal.

I had to do some research when I noticed the difference between yours and mine. Apparently en0 is for Ethernet and en1 is for WiFi/Wireless.

To be honest as long as your Apple Services are not impacted, it won't matter.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-05at00_12_25.png.94b11b2f2a641f5a397a95569cfb869a.png

• Like 3

On 7/3/2024 at 4:06 PM, eSaF said:

This is mine after applying the stand alone patch as I cannot apply OCLP Nightly (see attached).

But my WIFI is showing and says connected. In my opinion still half baked. :(

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 00.00.45.png

Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 23.59.26.png

The link takes me to the nightly not a standalone patch.
Where is this stand alone patch?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Guys, working fine OCLP on my Raptor Lake, and the mouse can control another Hack !! Oh my god!! Control both!! 

Fantastic experience !! Thanks all OCLP coders and you involved here!! 

:thumbsup_anim: 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e43e8790a996b02d2c8b8cdb41cb4f32.png

Macbook Hack and Raptor Lake Desktop !! 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.aec31398622e5bdddb74f17259e6435b.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)

Hi again Friends, with Clover 5159 and with allow  BlockSkyWalk  is more easy to make Works!!

Just put Kexts and run OCLP 1.6.0 b7c4ea2 

:vaco:  :plano:

Spoiler

imagem.thumb.png.89a699437a8c2439d96366db088ed756.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 9

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, eSaF said:

@MorenoAv Hi Bro this is slightly off topic but in your wireless pic, your WiFi/Wireless is registered as en0 and Ethernet is en1...

In most cases it is required that Ethernet be en0 for Apple services to work properly. But if you don't see anything strange having Ehernet as en1 you can leave them like this. Either way, it is always advisable to have it as an en0.
I have had this problem in the past and I have fixed it like this:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/348558-solved-ethernet-en1-and-wifi-en0-after-installing-monterey-beta-5/

Edited by miliuco
Typo
  • Like 5

@miliuco - Yes Bro, now I remember you and I having this conversation previously.

Thanks for the memory jog. As I said, if our friend is not having a problem then all is well.

I just thought I'd point it out to him just incase he is having a problem with Apple Services, then he'd have a reference point to start from.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@miliuco - Yes Bro, now I remember you and I having this conversation previously.

Thanks for the memory jog. As I said, if our friend is not having a problem then all is well.

I just thought I'd point it out to him just incase he is having a problem with Apple Services, then he'd have a reference point to start from.

Thanks @eSaF, @miliuco

No, I don't have any problems with my hack, and despite the settings of Ethernet en1 and wifi en0 it works well, at least so far...

But tonight or tomorrow I have time to read the post from @miliucoand correct that...

• Like 5

Bro if all is working I’d leave it alone unless you’re like me and can’t leave things alone. 😝

• Like 3
  • Haha 6