[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

687 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, ichelash said:

My skylake is in the pits..nothing seems to work...boot with progress bar has like green color..apple logo is red...it's slow..very slow..can't go past language chooser..same EFI booted Sonoma 14.5. What I'm i missing?

If it is anything like my experience albeit a clean install, you need to disable all OCLP patching if applicable.

Also disable the AMFI.kext if you have it, reboot, clean NVRAM and that should do it.

I don't think I missed anything.

Good luck.

PS - It will probably help if you add this boot-arg -lilubetaall in the config.plist.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, eSaF said:

If it is anything like my experience albeit a clean install, you need to disable all OCLP patching if applicable.

Also disable the AMFI.kext if you have it, reboot, clean NVRAM and that should do it.

I don't think I missed anything.

Good luck.

I'm doing clean install, no OCLP Patching on my rig..

• Like 1

My VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext is not working in Sequoia. I am using a USB mouse for now but I hope that someone is still working on that kext so that it can be updated.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

My VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext is not working in Sequoia. I am using a USB mouse for now but I hope that someone is still working on that kext so that it can be updated.

I will try on my Lenovo E470, and report back here...

My Trackpad is Synaptics 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mnfesq said:

Since everyone is disabling AMFIPass.kext for now and many of us have an installation of Sonoma on the same computer, can someone please provide the maxkernel value for the AMFIPass.kext on a system running Sonoma 14.5 so that we can switch from Sonoma to Sequoia without having to disable the AMFIPass.kext every time?  Thanks.

EDIT:  I don't know if this is exactly correct but I got Sequoia to boot without disabling AMFIPass.kext by setting the maxkernel value for that kext to 23.9.9.

Yeah I did the same and it's working on both. I get a k.p. on shutdown though but that could be as much my odd EFI - I have few clues but a lot of persistance.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mnfesq said:

Since everyone is disabling AMFIPass.kext for now and many of us have an installation of Sonoma on the same computer, can someone please provide the maxkernel value for the AMFIPass.kext on a system running Sonoma 14.5 so that we can switch from Sonoma to Sequoia without having to disable the AMFIPass.kext every time?  Thanks.

EDIT:  I don't know if this is exactly correct but I got Sequoia to boot without disabling AMFIPass.kext by setting the maxkernel value for that kext to 23.9.9.

Thank you, I just did this before installing and now running Sequoia (Wasn't expecting that this morning!).

14 minutes ago, surfinchina said:

Yeah I did the same and it's working on both. I get a k.p. on shutdown though but that could be as much my odd EFI - I have few clues but a lot of persistance.

I think I am getting a panic too, I don't see it but on restart the OS complains it restarted because of a problem.

• Like 2

Wi-Fi 6 intel you can use Heliport and itlwm.kext, working fine. 

Trackpad I have tryied many kexts but no success until now 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, droples said:

2-15.png.b9e54f18950126293f410d1ad5948c89.png

it doesn't work I tried last night on my notebook it's a problem with the OS. which needs to be updated

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Ludox said:

it doesn't work I tried last night on my notebook it's a problem with the OS. which needs to be updated

If this is pertaining to WiFi, let's face it, it's only been a day since the Beta release.

So the Devs needs a few days to get some way of altering OCLP for this OS.

Judging by the speed they got it sorted for Sonoma, it won't be long.

We just have to be a little patient. :angel:

• Like 2

Good morning there. I haven't yet installed macOS Sequoia but wanted to analyze the installer files.

The first thing I noticed is the PlatformSupport.plist, which has been already shared in this thread, as well as confirming the support of iGPU from KBL to ICL.

One thing I haven't yet managed to analyze is the SharedSupport.dmg. Inside SharedSupport.dmg/com_apple_MobileAsset_MacSoftwareUpdate there's a e2de87f20576b2bdc021d36f74a2f836cf42afe576178388dfd0cde875f4f979.aea Apple Encrypted Archive. Has anyone managed to extract it? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dreamwhite said:

Good morning there. I haven't yet installed macOS Sequoia but wanted to analyze the installer files.

The first thing I noticed is the PlatformSupport.plist, which has been already shared in this thread, as well as confirming the support of iGPU from KBL to ICL.

One thing I haven't yet managed to analyze is the SharedSupport.dmg. Inside SharedSupport.dmg/com_apple_MobileAsset_MacSoftwareUpdate there's a e2de87f20576b2bdc021d36f74a2f836cf42afe576178388dfd0cde875f4f979.aea Apple Encrypted Archive. Has anyone managed to extract it? 

But why do you need to do it...?
If you want to try Sequoia, install it on an external or internal test HDD, without compromising your OS.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ludox said:

But why do you need to do it...?
If you want to try Sequoia, install it on an external or internal test HDD, without compromising your OS.

Well I'm interested in analyzing FirmwareUpdate.pkg which is contained there and not on the installed OS afaik... 

• Like 1

Installed with these annotations:

• Z390 + i9-9900 + RX 6600 XT + AX 210
  • SMBIOS iMac19,1
  • -lilubetaall
  • SecureBootModel = x86legacy
  • AMFIPass.kext (with or without -amfipassbeta) and amfi=0x80 give early KP
  • Settings for Fenvi give also early KP
  • AX 210 -> AirportItlwm.kext doesn't enable wifi, itlwm + Heliport does
  • Migration Assistant doesn't work
  • Pretty stable to be first beta
  • Time from Apple logo to Desktop is longer than Sonoma or Ventura.

That's all, folks!

Edited by miliuco
Fix typo
  • Like 8