[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

687 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2024 at 2:13 PM, deeveedee said:

@ameenjuz Nice find!  These are the kexts that I have updated so far:

• Updated AirportBrcmFixup.kext 2.1.8 -> 2.1.9 (Dortania Nightly Build)
  • Updated AMFIPass.kext 1.4.0 -> 1.4.1 (OCLP Payload)
  • Updated AppleALC.kext 1.9.0 -> 1.9.1 (Dortania Nightly Build)
  • Updated CryptexFixup.kext 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3 (Dortania Nightly Build)
  • Updated FeatureUnlock.kext 1.1.5 -> 1.1.6 (Dortania Nightly Build)
  • Updated Lilu.kext 1.6.7 -> 1.6.8 (Dortania Nightly Build)
  • VoodooInput.kext 1.1.5 (1Revenger1 build)

Also, use @lorys89 's RestrictEvents.kext or -lilubetaall

EDIT: I don't need WhateverGreen.kext on my HackBookPro6,2, but that would also need to be updated to 1.6.7 from Dortania nightly.

Hi my dear @deeveedee, where I can find this kexts "(Dortania Nightly Build)"? 

Hugs! :) 

Edited by Max.1974

2 hours ago, Craig Hazan said:

Can I claim Wi-Fi is working in macOS Sequoia if I use a Nethear Wi-Fi extender/access point to connect wirelessly to the router, then connect my Mac to the EX3700 using a Ethernet cable. Does that count?.

Absolutely!!!, If all Apple Services are available i.e Air Drop between devices, Continuity between devices including FaceTime camera Handoff to iPhone.

These are the usual expected ones plus a few new ones which are not limited to the lack of the M chip.

As I said at the start, if your rig is faithfully capable of all the above which are WiFi dependent, then yes you have a valid claim.

Any different than that, then you're like the rest of us at the moment......Like an anxious expectant father waiting around in a maternity room. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, eSaF said:

Any different than that, then you're like the rest of us at the moment......Like an anxious expectant father waiting around in a maternity room. 

Nope!, I got none of those Wi-Fi services. Even updated my iPhone to iOS 18 Beta 2 and got nothing flom iPhone mirroring, thought I could trick it.

Edited by Craig Hazan
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi my dear @deeveedee, were I can find this kexts "(Dortania Nightly Build)"? 

Hugs! :) 

:)  The Dortania nightly builds can be downloaded from here.

Open Core Legacy Patcher Payload kexts can be downloaded from here.

Hugs back at ya! :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Craig Hazan said:

Nope!, I got none of those Wi-Fi services. Even updated my iPhone to iOS 18 Beta 2 and got noting flom iPhone mirroring, thought I could trick it.

I posted a similar solution here.  Since the Wi-Fi AP/Router connects to the Mac/hack via Ethernet, none of the macOS 802.11 framework capabilities are available.  To the Mac/hack, it simply appears that you are connected via Ethernet.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Craig Hazan said:

Nope!, I got none of those Wi-Fi services. Even updated my iPhone to iOS 18 Beta 2 and got noting flom iPhone mirroring, thought I could trick it.

Yea I dare say a few of us tried that ploy and came up empty so you’re not alone. I am using the same EFI Folder from Sonoma and although it says AirDrop is active, nothing happens.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CloverLeaf said:

@PoMpIs Your internal GPU doesn't support 5K@120Hz. It must be an incorrect information. Maximum supported resolution for this generation iGPU is 4K@60Hz through DP.

I have used SwitchResX... but the monitor looks very good at 5140x1440p... that is, it works, I don't know if it works at 120Hz... connected through the Lenovo USB-C port..

on another 3440x1440p monitor it already works without using SwitchResX 👌

Anyway, it's just for testing, I'm not going to use an external monitor with this computer.

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

Thank you very much, but clicking on the link takes me here: 

Capturadepantalla2024-06-29alas9_58_42.png.f363711589aece30fb14eb7dac7e5d12.png

🤷‍♂️

Edited by PoMpIs

11 hours ago, eSaF said:

Absolutely!!!, If all Apple Services are available i.e Air Drop between devices, Continuity between devices including FaceTime camera Handoff to iPhone.

These are the usual expected ones plus a few new ones which are not limited to the lack of the M chip.

As I said at the start, if your rig is faithfully capable of all the above which are WiFi dependent, then yes you have a valid claim.

My WiFi extender is connected to my router via WiFi and I hard wired my Sequoia to the extender. I guess it thinks it's connected to Ethernet? 

Continuity and Handoff are working fine. Airdrop not so much. It recognize my iPhone and vice versa but it doesn't send the file. It's stuck on waiting after drag and drop.

Bluetooth is working fine with no issues.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Irish_Man said:

My WiFi extender is connected to my router via WiFi and I hard wired my Sequoia to the extender. I guess it thinks it's connected to Ethernet? 

Continuity and Handoff are working fine. Airdrop not so much. It recognize my iPhone and vice versa but it doesn't send the file. It's stuck on waiting after drag and drop.

Bluetooth is working fine with no issues.

My setup mirrors your own with the exact behavior giving false hope.

WiFi is forever searching with a greyed out Icon, although AirDrop Icon gives the impression all is connected but is forever waiting for the transfer (in both directions).

Continuity to iPhone Camera is achieved only by physical wired connection. 

Weird thing is Mail, Messages, Notes etc Continuity work as normal.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-06-29at21_05_13.thumb.png.454061bc9412aa9671ef760d328be0bc.pngScreenshot2024-06-29at21_08_39.png.d21346ee04f55a80cd58df170a040100.png

• Like 3

12 horas atrás, cankiulascmnfye disse:

Thanks @cankiulascmnfye and @deeveedee my friend, sorry my keyboard on iPhone is not good :)  im little bit sick with flu ! 

I will try on beta 1 because on beta 2 get errors and im changed my EFIS 

God bless you!! 

Edited by Max.1974

2 hours ago, HyperX7 said:

It was 3-4 minutes later when the image came to the screen at the system boot. Fixed this bug with these commands (-igfxblt and -igfxbrs).

Yea, I am familiar with the commands but I think that -igfxbrs should be -igfxbls. Correct me if I am wrong.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CloverLeaf said:

Yea, I am familiar with the commands but I think that -igfxbrs should be -igfxbls. Correct me if I am wrong.

Most definitely -igfxbls:

Bildschirmfoto2024-06-30um07_29_09.png.8093689e8340f758d73433d8ada31806.png

Also, when using the backlight smoother, users also need to provide additional paramters so the smoother knows how to actually smoothly transition from one brightness state to the next.

In my experience, using the bls smoothens the transition from one state to the next but it also takes longer to adjust the brightness to the set level which makes it feel laggy. Because the actual display brightness has to to "catch-up" with the brightness meter shown in the on-screen display overlay.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 3

Today I wanted to test the BCM4360NG wifi card that I used with MacOS Ventura on the Lenovo.... the installation I did of Sequoia was with the Intel wifi installed on the laptop, and with heliport it worked very well...

But since I like to test, I took out the intel and put in the Broadcom, added the necessary kexts and patched the system with OCLP 1.6.0... it did it perfectly, and I have internet access with the BCM4360NG on Sequoia, but it's not going well. ..

I don't get anything in system/wiffi settings... and it only connects to the wifi where it was connected with the Intel card, it doesn't see any other wifi network

Capturadepantalla2024-06-30alas15_07_31.png.063f6081a7dae7f97bfa1bcce7660fca.png

Capturadepantalla2024-06-30alas15_22_24.thumb.png.4549e81dbad6ec7bf573725dc2c47f9f.png

Capturadepantalla2024-06-30alas15_23_03.thumb.png.77a17545ba97d6169d13ad57b1b3fcc4.png

Capturadepantalla2024-06-30alas15_23_30.png.f1e267df6df9a0e3e7bbcd6109aeb155.png

Does it work well for you???

Greetings

• Like 1