[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

700 posts in this topic

On 6/25/2024 at 9:01 PM, Craig Hazan said:

Try disabling the NootedRed kext in your EFI, it will speed up installation and avoid the scary verbose messages.

hi Craig Hazan,

I installed Sequoia to my ryzen5 with Vega 8 Asus Laptop but it seems like Vega 8 is not supported in Sequoia cause when I disabled NootRED.kext I got to desktop then when I enabled it it keeps rebooting after I put password .... I wonder if there is support for Radeon Vega 8 in Sequoia

1 hour ago, maly70 said:

.... I wonder if there is support for Radeon Vega 8 in Sequoia

There’s no support until the public beta is released, (for NootedRed at least), a few weeks away. Did you reset NVRAM before you re-booted?. My 4700G is also Vega 8 and doesn’t have an issue in Sequoia Beta 2, which suggests to me something else is up.

Edited by Craig Hazan
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, deeveedee said:

To the best of my knowledge, boot-arg -lilubetaall applies only to Lilu.kext and Lilu-dependent kexts/plug-ins (AppleALC, WhateverGreen, etc).  I don't think -lilubetaall boot-arg affects loading the Wi-Fi framework kexts that have been extracted from earlier versions of macOS.  Read more here.

EDIT: Control loading / non-loading of Wi-Fi framework kexts with Open Core's MinKernel / MaxKernel in config.plist.

That's corect. But the point is:  as long as not all kexts that rely on Lilu have been updated to support Sequoia, -lilubetaall is still needed, especially on laptops. I rather use one more boot-arg to avoid a kernel panic than waiting for a dev to increment the version check in the source code of his kext by 1.

As far as Min/Max Kernel setting is concerned: there's absolutely no point in using this option for kexts which are mandatory on macOS 12+ to get the legacy Wi-Fi working. You may want to set Min Kernel, Max needs to be left empty. Otherwise you might as well spend money on compatible hardware.

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

That's corect. But the point is:  as long as not all kexts that rely on Lilu have been updated to support Sequoia, -lilubetaall is still needed, especially on laptops. I rather use one more boot-arg to avoid a kernel panic than waiting for a dev to increment the version check in the source code of his kext by 1.

Ok.  Not trying to debate you or question your preferences for the use of -lilubetaall.  It's just that you originally stated that -lilubetaall was required to load the Wi-Fi framework kexts extracted from earlier macOS.  I was merely stating that It is not.

As far as Min/Max Kernel setting is concerned: there's absolutely no point in using this option for kexts which are mandatory on macOS 12+ to get the legacy Wi-Fi working. You may want to set Min Kernel, Max needs to be left empty. Otherwise you might as well spend money on compatible hardware.

That may be true in the tests that you ran.  Without setting MaxKernel to 23.99.99 for 802.11 kexts on my HackBookPro6,2, Sequoia Beta 1 and Sequoia Beta 2 do not install.  I merely stated that MinKernel and MaxKernel can be used to control loading of the Wi-Fi framework kexts.  I wasn't trying to say that you needed use the Kernel limits and I have no problem with the way you use the Kernel limits.

EDIT: I fully expect to be able to remove the MaxKernel limit after OCLP fully supports Sequoia.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

Successfully installed macOS Sequoia Beta 2 onto my 5700U GENmachine and NootedRed seems to working well so far!. Disabling the NootedRed.kext during installation is recommended, macOS installs so much quicker, took an hour from editing the EFI to Desktop.

image.thumb.png.291640e0e6d217302e7907a898e499d0.png

image.thumb.jpeg.f28557313aeb097c626a5b7e170bc425.jpeg

Edited by Craig Hazan
  • Like 9

32 minutes ago, ameenjuz said:

AMFIPass-v1.4.1-RELEASE.zip updated by Sequoia-development

OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/payloads/Kexts/Acidanthera/AMFIPass-v1.4.1-RELEASE.zip at sequoia-development · dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher · GitHub

i think it is working without amfi=0x80 boot arg

nice, i tested and i confirm that it working without amfi=0x80 boot-args

• Like 6

@ameenjuz Nice find!  These are the kexts that I have updated so far:

• Updated AirportBrcmFixup.kext 2.1.8 -> 2.1.9 (Dortania Nightly Build)
  • Updated AMFIPass.kext 1.4.0 -> 1.4.1 (OCLP Payload)
  • Updated AppleALC.kext 1.9.0 -> 1.9.1 (Dortania Nightly Build)
  • Updated CryptexFixup.kext 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3 (Dortania Nightly Build)
  • Updated FeatureUnlock.kext 1.1.5 -> 1.1.6 (Dortania Nightly Build)
  • Updated Lilu.kext 1.6.7 -> 1.6.8 (Dortania Nightly Build)
  • Updated VoodooInput.kext 1.1.5 (1Revenger1 build)

Also, use @lorys89 's RestrictEvents.kext 1.1.4 or the officially released RestrictEvents.kext 1.1.3 with boot-arg -lilubetaall or -revbeta

EDIT: I don't need WhateverGreen.kext on my HackBookPro6,2, but that would also need to be updated to 1.6.7 from Dortania nightly.

EDIT2:  The Dortania nightly builds can be downloaded from here.  Open Core Legacy Patcher Payload kexts can be downloaded from here.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, ANTIKO said:

Is the Wi-Fi working?

All kext's updated to Dev version like @deeveedee. Hackbook open without amfi=0x80 but;

image.thumb.png.afb820d70c3ecd2bba3d9f55b127184e.png

my Broadcom BCM4350 wifi/Bt Combo card didn't run. Bluetooth didn't find any hardware. 

image.png.e09b317417841dd9b2cd1e42e5a6b245.png

My wifi find only one signal that is my wifi router last connected. But didn't work. 

image.png.9d906e6493a5e61eb85c531310621dac.png

and these are running kexts;

image.png.b5534a01cf7b48a2969d1f807d861971.png

Edited by HyperX7
  • Like 6

Hi guys 🙂

I have a Lenovo L390 that I haven't used in months, I started it today and it still has MacOS sonoma 14.0 😅...

It works perfectly, but I wanted to test what it does with MacOS Sequioa, and just by updating OC and Kext it already installs, but The touchpad doesn't work on Sequoia... is there something new that I don't know about to make the touchpad work on Sequoia?

Thank you so much

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

Hi guys 🙂

I have a Lenovo L390 that I haven't used in months, I started it today and it still has MacOS sonoma 14.0 😅...

It works perfectly, but I wanted to test what it does with MacOS Sequioa, and just by updating OC and Kext it already installs, but The touchpad doesn't work on Sequoia... is there something new that I don't know about to make the touchpad work on Sequoia?

Thank you so much

There's an updated VoodooInput.kext that you need to make your touchpad work in Sequoia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, I encountered a weird issues yesterday while trying to update my 2018 MacBook Pro to Beta 2. My Z790 works and had no issues doing the update although it has 3 SSD's in it of which 1 is Win 11 but the MacBook rwhich also has Win 10 via bootcamp refused to update and on reboot could not find the start-up disk. I tried for hours and failed and had to eventually factory reset the MacBook to remove bootcamp and then it worked. So just a heads if anyone that has Windows via Bootcamp might have some issues. 

• Like 1

BTW, just because something is enabled doesn't mean it's working. Like that RealtekCardReaderFriend – it hasn't been working properly since macOS 14.4

Let's ask the dev @Austere.J

Maybe he knows how to fix the bug you mentioned 

image.thumb.png.513d579bf46b6150aec89f055575e044.png

RealtekCardReaderFriend.kext.zip

Edited by lorys89
  • Like 4

Can I claim Wi-Fi is working in macOS Sequoia if I use a Netgear Wi-Fi extender/access point to connect wirelessly to the router, then connect my Mac to the EX3700 using a Ethernet cable. Does that count?.

Edited by Craig Hazan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4