[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

687 posts in this topic

macOS Sequoia 15 Beta 2 - 15.0 build 24A5279h

Screenshot2024-06-24alle19_15_30.png.16a86303e9f0e8dbf271a8ef59a4926c.pngScreenshot2024-06-24alle19_15_10.png.a022c550db3053cb79f022bf55cc8431.png

Edited by lorys89
  • Like 12

1 minute ago, Craig Hazan said:

It doesn’t start verbose, just get a message after boot picker saying contact Apple.

I know I've said this already, but you need to remove all OCLP patches if you've installed them for Sonoma.

If you're installing from a USB, you need a USB drive no less than 16gb. You need the bare necessary kexts to make the installer as vanilla as possible.

-lilubetaall in the boot-arg also helps, just have the kext that will give you Ethernet and for the moment remove any for B/T until after if all goes well, you can experiment by putting them back.

Insure OC and all kexts are the latest versions, After each trial you must remember to clean NvRAM.

Good luck.

I know some of you have seen this already, but making this Wall Paper and Screen Saver change has significantly improved my Sonoma (and Sequoia) experience.  The symptoms for me when using Wall Papers other than "Dynamic Wallpapers" and Screen Savers other than "macOS" Screen Savers were

• intermittent startup and shutdown problems
  • failure to launch some apps from launchpad
  • macOS confusion over display arrangement with multiple displays
  • failure to display some app menus in multiple display environments

These issues for me are resolved in Sonoma and Sequoia when using Dynamic Wallpaper and macOS Screen Saver.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

@Craig Hazan Had a look and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't boot 🤔 Patches are indeed updated and CoreCount set. Have you tired clearing NVRAM?

here the DP2 link ?

35 minutes ago, hiphopboy said:

Not show on me

Use restrictevent 

This 

Edited by lorys89
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, lorys89 said:

Use restrictevent 

This 

Great stuff, as it is now showing 😁

Mods/Amin please remove if inappropriate.

I don't know how much of a difference this makes as our machines are Intel.

I just saw this on the Developer Site.

Although curious how some has the Update notification and others including me have not.

Spoiler

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 19.27.24.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

iPhone Mirroring now opens but relies on WiFi so without OCLP or AirportItlwm it's a wonder if it'll work or not 🤔

Spoiler

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 19.29.30.png

Also, AMD beta patches are still working :D

• Like 5

At first, beta 2 did not appear in software update.  I tried a few options with no success.  Then, I noticed that in my Sequoia installation, software update had me designated as a macOS Sonoma Developer Beta tester.  All I needed to do was use the drop-down menu and select Sequoia Developer Beta and it appeared.  Then, it downloaded the 2.1 GB update and that failed to create the installer so I'm now downloading the 14.98 GB installer.  I assume it will at least create the installer for me and, with luck, install properly.

• Like 1

Just now, mnfesq said:

At first, beta 2 did not appear in software update.  I tried a few options with no success.  Then, I noticed that in my Sequoia installation, software update had me designated as a macOS Sonoma Developer Beta tester.  All I needed to do was use the drop-down menu and select Sequoia Developer Beta and it appeared.  Then, it downloaded the 2.1 GB update and that failed to create the installer so I'm now downloading the 14.98 GB installer.  I assume it will at least create the installer for me and, with luck, install properly.

Same for me. Update didn't work so downloaded the full InstallAssistant and ran the installer from beta 1 to update. Worked fine that way. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, kinhhoang161 said:

try to add boot-args: revpatch=sbvmm

You my friend are a life saver, I forgot about that boot-arg.

Downloading now. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Login with your apple id to get access to beta updates - otherwise you won't get the option:

Already a paid member from time, did asked for a refund since Betas were offered for free but told to 'Go Swing" :hysterical:

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

Same for me. Update didn't work so downloaded the full InstallAssistant and ran the installer from beta 1 to update. Worked fine that way. 

The update did not work on the first try. I removed the Bluetooth kexts and tried again.

On my laptop the update kept failing to apply after downloading and it offered the full installer after. On a whim I disabled all 3 bluetooth kexts that were shared by @Shaneee a few days ago then and the ~2gb update applied successfully. Updating to beta 2 took longer than going from 14.5 to beta 1.