[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

699 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

I had to disable AMFIPass.kext and I cannot boot into the installed OS with that kext enabled.  I was unable to use OCLP.  Version 1.5.0 found that I needed wifi patches but said that the host OS was unsupported.

Try AMFIPass enabled with -amfipassbeta in boot args. Maybe it's useful also -vsmcbeta and of course -lilubetaall.

OCLP has a branch named sequoia-development, you can get there the beta version to try Sequoia >> Actions:

Replace hardcoded os_data.sonoma with max_os
CI - Build wxPython #1544: Commit f9ecafb pushed by Jazzzny

sequoia-development

• Like 7

Installed macOS Sequoia at first try in a test ssd, the only thing that I did was using -lilubetaall as boot arguments as suggested by @Max.1974, and it worked strait away.

macOS 15 Versão 15.0 beta (24A5264n)

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Try AMFIPass enabled with -amfipassbeta in boot args. Maybe it's useful also -vsmcbeta and of course -lilubetaall.

OCLP has a branch named sequoia-development, you can get there the beta version to try Sequoia >> Actions:

Replace hardcoded os_data.sonoma with max_os
CI - Build wxPython #1544: Commit f9ecafb pushed by Jazzzny

sequoia-development

Already done that. AMFIPass.kext disabled, amfi=0x80 boot-arg, Disable Library Validation Enforcement & Disable _csr_check() in _vnode_check_signature enable in kernel/patch. And right now it is installing correctly on ivy-bridge laptop. Lets see. After that I'll try on core2. I'll report here.

• Like 3

Unfortunately, I failed at taking one for the team.

From a vanilla install, without the OCLP patches also with -lilubetaall in config.plist and SecureBootModel set to Mac model instead of Disabled.

Got so far as just before last reboot and it just goes into a reboot loop.

Am I missing anything else to be added to the boot-arg to get to the Desktop?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Well, it installed pretty easily.  However, it doesn't like my memory configuration (this is new - no issue with Sonoma).  I'm a bit surprised, as I thought that maybe this was it for Intel Macs, but apparently not.   Seems pretty stable, at least so far.

Seqouia.png

Edited by meg2014
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Unfortunately, I failed at taking one for the team.

From a vanilla install, without the OCLP patches also with -lilubetaall in config.plist and SecureBootModel set to Mac model instead of Disabled.

Got so far as just before last reboot and it just goes into a reboot loop.

Am I missing anything else to be added to the boot-arg to get to the Desktop?

What are your settings related to AMFI?

🤔 unmm unable to mount EFI with OCAT , EspMounter , Hackeck and Diskutil cmd to 

lupi@iMac-di-Lupi ~ % diskutil mount /dev/disk0s1 

Volume on disk0s1 failed to mount

If you think the volume is supported but damaged, try the "readOnly" option

lupi@iMac-di-Lupi ~ % 

I wanted to try the new OCLP commit... to see if it works

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I would like to set my AMFIPass.kext so that Sonoma is the maximum build number it will load.  Can anyone tell me what the number should be for Sonoma 14.5?

• Like 1

Installed on HP Prodesk 600 G1
CPU: i5-4590 (3.30 GHz)
Graphics: Radeon Pro WX 4100 4GB

Very happy of the Graphics support :thumbsup_anim:

image.thumb.png.6498e565816ce1977e204a5cec1010a1.png

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

What are your settings related to AMFI?

I disabled the kext and all OCLP patching, basically a vanilla install from a USB drive,

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I disabled the kext and all OCLP patching, basically a vanilla install from a USB drive,

Maybe you went a bit too far.  I used what worked for me with Sonoma 14.5 but disabled AMFIPass.kext.  I'm sure I needed most or all of my boot args.  You may too.

• Like 3

Ok fellows I'm in, vanilla install, removed all OCLP patching, disabled AMF kext and the last bit that enabled me to finish the install from the failed attempt was, put back SecureBootModel to Disabled.

That part was missing since I stupidly thought as I was doing a clean install, that had to be stipulated as a particular Mac Model in the config.plist.

Sometimes I am too clever (or I think I am :lol:) for my own good hence the reason I constantly run into trouble.

I just need to sort the WiFi out and I am good to go.

Hope it is or will be less painful for others.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-06-11at01_18_00.thumb.png.d5863cc8b0eb0d02b726bf4f0c1fdffa.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Since everyone is disabling AMFIPass.kext for now and many of us have an installation of Sonoma on the same computer, can someone please provide the maxkernel value for the AMFIPass.kext on a system running Sonoma 14.5 so that we can switch from Sonoma to Sequoia without having to disable the AMFIPass.kext every time?  Thanks.

EDIT:  I don't know if this is exactly correct but I got Sequoia to boot without disabling AMFIPass.kext by setting the maxkernel value for that kext to 23.9.9.

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 3

My skylake is in the pits..nothing seems to work...boot with progress bar has like green color..apple logo is red...it's slow..very slow..can't go past language chooser..same EFI booted Sonoma 14.5. What I'm i missing?

• Like 1