[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, naiclub said:

Hello my friend, my cat died in 2015 after being poisoned by rat poison. My cat's name is Tiger. Your cat looks cute.

@naiclubOh, I'm so sorry that your dear cat died from rat poison.

How old was the kitty cat?

Is that the one in your profile picture or is that the "new" cat?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Anybody else having issues with AppleIGC.kext in Sequoia? In Sonoma it's working fine, in Sequoia I have no Ethernet connection.

In the earlier beta versions I have had some unstable ethernet connectivity which improved a bit in beta 8. It seems like it’s even better in the RC but I need to test more in various scenarios.

Edited by jlrycm
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AlfredoM said:

@naiclubOh, I'm so sorry that your dear cat died from rat poison.

How old was the kitty cat?

Is that the one in your profile picture or is that the "new" cat?

2 years like you, the one in the picture. Actually, there are many more. They all died in the same way. I raised them for no more than 1-2 years and they died. They like to go to other people's houses, so they got poisoned in other people's houses.

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Anybody else having issues with AppleIGC.kext in Sequoia? In Sonoma it's working fine, in Sequoia I have no Ethernet connection.

I don't have this problem at all. All works well.

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

I do have :" AppleIGC.kext 1.5 does not work at all and keep my computer crashes @ Sonoma and Sequoia, it has been like that since was updated to 1.5

No signal yet here of official Sequoia which was supposed to show on 7 p.m.  I was waiting but it's dinner time. So I'll cook bruschetta, carbonara, a steak and drink chilled white Sauvignon raising my glass for all InsanelyMac and developers staff. It means I'll not be "available" for udating when the bottle is broken (Italian idiomatic sentence) Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

My work-around for the non-working Ethernet is to de-activate and then re-activate Ethernet in System Settings.  Details below.

I have noticed that after booting Sequoia RC, Microsoft Remote Desktop has no Ethernet connection (I only have a single Ethernet network connection and no Wi-Fi).  This was true up until Sequoia Beta 3 and then the problem resumed with Sequoia RC.  I haven't yet tested Sequoia release.

My work-around for the non-working Ethernet in Microsoft Remote Desktop is to de-activate and then re-activate Ethernet in System Settings.  Unplugging the RJ-45 connector and then plugging it back in also works.  I have not observed the Ethernet issue with other applications (e.g., when I have no Ethernet connection in Remote Desktop, I still have an Ethernet connection for web browsers).

My system configuration is as follows:

• Ethernet: I219-LM
  • Ethernet Kext: IntelMausi.kext 1.0.7
  • Open Core 1.0.1
  • SMBIOS: MacMini8,1