[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

I don't know, perhaps we need to start a Thread on 'Hand Off' to iPhone Camera to invite success stories to help others.

As we are all on different Hack forms, it would be good to cross reference experiences and see how to overcome the problem some are having.

My own experience is it worked straight away in Sonoma by USB and Wireless connection.

Sequoia first Beta only USB connection worked as Apple again changed something with WIFI connection.

Beta 5 coupled with OCLP Nightly 1.6.0 wireless worked and now the RC with OCLP 2.0.0.

If you can get it to work with USB cable, you're half way there. Previously I got a black screen with wireless.

It must be said, you have to have good strong WIFI connection on P/C and Phone.

No WIFI extensions, must be a clear corresponding  connection between the two devices with the Phone directly in front of the P/C.

• Like 4

@Irish_Man - Go to page 83 and see the Hackintool readout of my WIF and B/T also OCAT kexts array and what was used.

You can make a comparison to your own, note I don't use any B/T kexts, no need to for the Fenvi Card.

PS - Your posted link above, I don't think that is the latest version, that is not where I got mine from.

A few pages back, someone posted the actual kext you can download.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@Irish_Man - Go to page 83 and see the Hackintool readout of my WIF and B/T also OCAT kexts array and what was used.

You can make a comparison to your own, note I don't use any B/T kexts, no need to for the Fenvi Card.

PS - Your posted link above, I don't think that is the latest version, that is not where I got mine from.

A few pages back, someone posted the actual kext you can download.

Hi @eSaF

That's what I did, compared yours with mine and everything looks the same. If you check my screenshots of Hackintool and OCAT you'll see that everything is the same. I don't use any BT kext either, native support card.

I found that kext few pages back but the result is still the same. No luck.

Im using OCLP 2.0 and OC 1.0.2.

• Like 1

@Irish_Man - I just looked at your Hackintool Screenshot and I'm confused by the amount of Ethernet examples displayed compared to my own (see attached).

Whether that makes a difference I don't know. Are you saying you cannot get Hand Off to iPhone even if connected by USB Cable?

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-09-12at20_24_37.png.62aa5d07a814b7ea8a70b7e1fcbe9c5b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@Irish_Man - I just looked at your Hackintool Screenshot and I'm confused by the amount of Ethernet examples displayed compared to my own (see attached).

Whether that makes a difference I don't know. Are you saying you cannot get Hand Off to iPhone even if connected by USB Cable?

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot2024-09-12at20_24_37.png.62aa5d07a814b7ea8a70b7e1fcbe9c5b.png

@eSaF - don't worry about those two :). I was just testing something.  They are gone. I have only 2, same as yours. Vendors and Device match to yours. 

No, everything else is working but Hand Off to iPhone wireless. Same issue that you had with freezing. When connected is working fine.

Airdrop wireless works fine, both ways. 

• Like 1

Ok, that's a good start with what you have.

I am in the middle of writing a tutorial on the subject as the Sequoia Thread I think is about to get bogged down with the subject here.

So a stand alone Thread will be a lot better for all to share their experience and ideas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Irish_Man said:

Nope, I am referring to this.

Edit: Oops, never mind. I thought you meant that your wifi isn't working. I just realized it's something else after reading your previous comment. My apologies. 

Edited by FirstTimeCustomac
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, cloudy said:

Hand Off to iPhone Camera on Sequoia was sorted out. First I connected via USB, then wifi, and now it works.

Hi, well done! :thumbsup_anim: I wrote a clumsy tutorial in the 'Tutorials (Genius Bar)' in a stand alone Thread, it would very kind of you to go there and describe the steps you took.

It would go a long way to help other members to activate their's.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Nothing special. Connect iPhone to Sequoia FaceTime via USB and you can select iPhone as Camera, and then quit FaceTime. Disconnect USB and relaunch  FaceTime, now you can select iPhone in the menu  without USB connection. That's it.

• Thanks 1

Apps not showing up in microphone/camera access list in system preferences and amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1

Hi all, I’m writing because on my Monterey and Sonoma systems I could not get Skype or FaceTime and other applications working. WhatsApp didn’t even start. I mean there was no way to get them in the preferences list and therefore I could not grant them access to mike or camera. Then I thought maybe it was the amfi flag (without it I can’t use OCLP) and I deleted it.

Bang.. it worked for Monterey and Sonoma but Sequoia doesn’t reach the end and restarts while with amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 active it goes, but with the same preference list issues.

Any suggest concerning this topic would be really appreciated. I would rather not end like Denethor son of Ecthelion cause of my ignorance. Thanks

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cloudy said:

Nothing special. Connect iPhone to Sequoia FaceTime via USB and you can select iPhone as Camera, and then quit FaceTime. Disconnect USB and relaunch  FaceTime, now you can select iPhone in the menu  without USB connection. That's it.

I wish it was that easy :)

1 hour ago, bluenote56 said:

Apps not showing up in microphone/camera access list in system preferences and amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1

Hi all, I’m writing because on my Monterey and Sonoma systems I could not get Skype or FaceTime and other applications working. WhatsApp didn’t even start. I mean there was no way to get them in the preferences list and therefore I could not grant them access to mike or camera. Then I thought maybe it was the amfi flag (without it I can’t use OCLP) and I deleted it.

Bang.. it worked for Monterey and Sonoma but Sequoia doesn’t reach the end and restarts while with amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 active it goes, but with the same preference list issues.

Any suggest concerning this topic would be really appreciated. I would rather not end like Denethor son of Ecthelion cause of my ignorance. Thanks

I have the same proble, with Sonoma. I made a thread about it. I hope somebody which had this experience found a solution. Cheers all.

Edited by XanthraX
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, XanthraX said:

I have the same proble, with Sonoma. I made a thread about it. I hope somebody which had this experience found a solution. Cheers all.

Hi if your problem is with Sonoma, delete the "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 " (ex: copy your working EFI on an USB pen anch change the config) , restart form that clear ram and see what happens. It worked for me. You can always add it again for OCLP. For the moment could be a workaraound. 

1 hour ago, bluenote56 said:

Hi if your problem is with Sonoma, delete the "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 " (ex: copy your working EFI on an USB pen anch change the config) , restart form that clear ram and see what happens. It worked for me. You can always add it again for OCLP. For the moment could be a workaraound. 

I do not have "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1", I have "amfi=0x80" as boot arg. I will do it. 

I deleted "amfi=0x80" string from bootargs, I installed AMFIPass.kext 1.41 and no success. Thank you anyway.

For those who closely monitor changes in OCLP-generated EFIs, I found the following OCLP-2.0.0 EFI changes for the MacBookPro6,2 EFI (relevant to my Dell Latitude E6410 hack)

• Upgrade AutoPkgInstaller.kext from 1.0.3 -> 1.0.4
  • Update IOSkywalkFamily.kext (although build number didn't change as noted earlier in this thread)
  • Upgrade RSRHelper.kext from 1.0.0 -> 1.0.2

The OCLP-generated config.plist has remained relatively unchanged since OCLP 1.4.3.

• Like 4

Using the latest OCLP commit 00ea5a7 with non-metal support, I have successfully applied OCLP-2.0.0 Beta post-install patches to my Dell Latitude E6410 with Nvidia Tesla non-metal graphics.  So far, it appears to be performing well.  Well-done Devs!

Screenshot2024-08-29at4_58_50PM.png.bdc2549293f3403673950a4ea60ea931.png

• Like 4

I just noticed that a lot of people here are still on Sonoma 14.6.X... Sonoma 14.7 (23H122)

has been available for a few days now and a small (180MB) update was released 2 days ago.
I don't remember the build number, I think it was 23H133 or something.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2024 at 6:11 AM, Matgen84 said:

Thanks a lot @Max.1974  I don't know how to find Sequoia development actions ! What's the difference between 1.6.0 and 2.0.0 Nightly ? I don't understand.

Hi my friend, sorry late  @Matgen84 , because my job those days its make me crazy im work for tasks, im Officer of Court, so sorry! Im just using 1.6.0, I have no idea where is possible download 

On 9/12/2024 at 6:24 AM, Ludox said:

Clover 5160 there is no "pkg" installer and it is empty, there is only source where you downloaded it?

Hi my friend sorry late @Ludox but I guess @Alpha22 get copy to you. Just you can compile normally with Xcode beta 16 or use Sonoma you will compile fine too. 

Thanks Emílio @miliuco for support !! 

God Bless you !!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

I found OCLP 2.0.0 version. 

Its available for download here: 

Enjoy it 

:thumbsup_anim:

I know your intentions are good as always.  Those of us who followed the OCLP Dev instructions here know where to find the nightly while honoring the OCLP Dev wishes not to share any links other than this one.

OCLP Devs: "Do not share any links to these binaries in forums; please link to this document only."

• Like 3

3 horas atrás, deeveedee disse:

Eu sei que suas intenções são boas como sempre. Aqueles de nós que seguiram as instruções do OCLP Dev aqui sabem onde encontrar o noturno enquanto honram os desejos do OCLP Dev de não compartilhar nenhum link além deste.

Desenvolvedores da OCLP: "Não compartilhe nenhum link para esses binários em fóruns; por favor, vincule apenas a este documento."

Hi @Deeveedee my dear, I will delete post, but it was public for all search engine websites. It's not specially seeded to me. Sorry! I even unknown that rule.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi @Ludox and @Alpha22 new version compilation from Clover release:

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5160 

image.jpeg.822c36a98741ce72b30c14f5f0aa18a5.jpeg

@Max.1974 Hi friend, I have the same commit as you, but mine doesn't look clean at all, it looks messy with the word _Title. I wonder if you have the same problem as me?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1