[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

Anyone tried to reinstall OS from Recovery?

I get this error. It was working fine with previous betas. 

Might it be because the installer is not available yet or It was me from fixing it until it's broken?

1.thumb.jpg.fc1cef9d5a7fbef529b4108b09948109.jpg

Edited by Irish_Man
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Irish_Man said:

Anyone tried to reinstall OS from Recovery?

I get this error. It was working fine with previous betas. 

Might it be because the installer is not available yet or It was me from fixing it until it's broken?

1.thumb.jpg.fc1cef9d5a7fbef529b4108b09948109.jpg

Trouble With Hacks, No Wifi In Early Boot,I'll Try On My iMac, I Know My Wifi Works

• Like 2

hi just updated to rc candidate on my hp 440 g4

I updated skywalkfamily kext to latest version but continuity camera not working still

any ideas ????

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 11.39.32.png

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 11.38.11.png

IMG_5316.PNG

Edited by robi62

30 minutes ago, robi62 said:

hi just updated to rc candidate I updated skywalkfamily kext to latest version but continuity camera not working still

any ideas ????

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 11.39.32.png

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 11.38.11.png

IMG_5316.PNG

I have not updated to rc on desktop yet but as of yesterday my iPhone wouldn’t even connect to hack to use as a camera so you are one up on me. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, robi62 said:

hi just updated to rc candidate I updated skywalkfamily kext to latest version but continuity camera not working still

any ideas ???

Hi @robi62

I download IOSkywalkFamily.kext 1.2.0 from OCLP repo but it is 1.0 version ???

Spoiler

image.png.eb2d3f90dd412c1971e5f78b38ed731d.png

Edited by Matgen84

just updated my ivy hp 9470m to rc and now no bluetooth???

Working fine in beta 8 WTF???

to patch Iuse OCLP

Application Information:

Application Version: 2.0.0

PatcherSupportPkg Version: 1.7.8

and this is config I have been using which is a modded t530 config from github

but as I say was working fine b4 update to RC..

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 13.43.16.png

config 3.plist.zip

Edited by robi62
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kaoskinkae said:

macOS 16 Sequoia RC (24A335) + OCPL in OLD:

Perfect .

image.thumb.png.bb6d879136eb029c91caea284846f39a.png

Hola te funciona airdrop y bluetooth??? 

hi do you have airdrop and bluetooth working???

• Like 3

Devs are still making changes and updates to OCLP 2.0.0.  This probably goes without saying (maybe not), but driving this car while the engine is being built may be frustrating for some.

Screenshot2024-09-10at9_22_11AM.thumb.png.fd07c909a9b090713dade7ba65ed2719.png

@Matgen84 You can always get the latest developer kexts by downloading OCLP source from GitHub (following instructions here) and then retrieving the kext from the payloads folder.  For example, IOSkywalkFamily.kext 1.2.0 is located in OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/Payloads/Kexts/Wifi.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, robi62 said:

Hola te funciona airdrop y bluetooth??? 

Hola, ¿tienes airdrop y bluetooth funcionando?

bluetooth Look at my device data, I use an original Apple keyboard and mouse, working perfectly in both Sonoma and Sequoia. The other section, I don't have an Apple phone to test.

With OCLP 2.0.0 and the new version 1.2.0 of IOSkywalkFamily.kext hand off and continuity camera work perfectly in both beta 8 and RC. At least in my setup.

Thanks to OCLP Devs. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Devs are still making changes and updates to OCLP 2.0.0.  This probably goes without saying (maybe not), but driving this car while the engine is being built may be frustrating for some.

Screenshot2024-09-10at9_22_11AM.thumb.png.fd07c909a9b090713dade7ba65ed2719.png

@Matgen84 You can always get the latest developer kexts by downloading OCLP source from GitHub (following instructions here) and then retrieving the kext from the payloads folder.  For example, IOSkywalkFamily.kext 1.2.0 is located in OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/Payloads/Kexts/Wifi.

@deeveedee I did and I take it @Matgen84 did too When you unzip it and get info still shows version 1.0

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 16.10.25.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kaoskinkae said:

bluetooth Look at my device data, I use an original Apple keyboard and mouse, working perfectly in both Sonoma and Sequoia. The other section, I don't have an Apple phone to test.

ok i see on Old: | ASUS H81H-A 8 GB |what is your config for blueetooh  kexts....

24 minutes ago, robi62 said:

@deeveedee I did and I take it @Matgen84 did too When you unzip it and get info still shows version 1.0

Ah - I misunderstood Matgen84's question and thought he was looking for the latest.  It's quite possible that the Devs did not update the build number in the kext.  OCLP 2.0.0 is still in a state of flux.

• Like 1

Hi, for feedback, mostly for those who have a Kepler Nvidia GPU. I got bored with my Sequoia system since there was no way to make OCLP 2.0 work. So I went the old way. Erased everything and installed again using my actual working OC Efi which boots Sonoma.

It worked well, then I tried twice with OCLP and I succeded the second time. So I can say that it works with 780.

Many Apps don't work like Skype or Prime Video while they work in the browser, even Facetime but it's just something developing every hour so no complains. I'm scared to migrate from a working ssd not to sc:::: everything.  

Anyway idf someone wants to know if OCLP works with a 780 Kepler, it does.

Ciao!

pic.jpeg

Edited by bluenote56
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, eSaF said:

Sorry I don't profess or pretend to be an expert, but has learnt from experience having different EFI Folders in a multi-booting system without stipulating or earmarking which boots which, can and will mislead sometimes.

I tend to and prefer to have one EFI on one Partition to boot all. I spoke about seepage (possibly not the correct terminology) because I have a copy of OCAT and PlistEdit Pro on both Sonoma and Sequoia.

When I need to edit the config.plist I am presented with both examples of either PlistEdit Pro or OCAT.

Maybe you can correct me how to stop this from happening so that the app that is installed on the current booted OS only appears to be used.

I think I shall continue to carry on in my ham fisted way until I learn better or pointed in the right direction by someone more knowledgeable than my self.

Then again, maybe I should keep quiet for fear of sounding stupid and let the experts offer proper tips/fixes and advice.

Cheers.

Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 19.51.20.png

If you have 2 versions of macOS installed on seperate disks, spotlight will scan both disks an put whatver apps it finds which handle the same file types into the context menu. The Simplest workaround is to exclude one volume from being indexed by adding it to spotlight's privacy settings.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

If you have 2 versions of macOS installed on seperate disks, spotlight will scan both disks an put whatver apps it finds which handle the same file types into the context menu. The Simplest workaround is to exclude one volume from being indexed by adding it to spotlight's privacy settings.

A good tip.  I have seen strange behavior with Spotlight, where my spotlight settings in one version of macOS "seep" into the settings of another version of macOS (to borrow eSaF's terminology).  I noticed that when I modified the Spotlight privacy settings in one macOS volume (i.e., adding a Volume to Spotlight > Privacy), it magically appears as an excluded Volume in Spotlight in another macOS volume.  I never investigated further, since I don't use Spotlight and tend to disable it completely.

Have you seen this behavior and if so, do you have a work-around?  Maybe I was just seeing ghosts and should have tested again?

EDIT: When I did observe this strange Spotlight behavior (if in fact I did observe it and wasn't just imagining it), the different macOS APFS volumes were in the same container.

Edited by deeveedee

1 hour ago, robi62 said:

ok i see on Old: | ASUS H81H-A 8 GB |what is your config for blueetooh  kexts....

For the model that I have on both computers, both NEW: and OLD: neither works even before applying the OCPL, it does not need any additional kext, the additional kext are for the Wi-Fi, so they work and it recognizes the Apple keyboard and mouse and recognizes the mobile xiaomi

@eSaF I apologize for the way that dialog evolved.  I was only trying to correct a misperception about OCLP.  I re-read your posts and think that maybe you were confusing OCLP and OCAT?  Too many acronyms around here :lol:

Anyway, if your issue is solved, glad to hear it.

• Haha 3