[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

There is a pull request for Advanced Map in the pipeline which is just not getting merged for 2 weeks now.

If you download the source code from the fork by unnamedastronomer and compile it with xcode (req. MacKernelSDK and Lilu debug), you wlll get a AdvancedMap.kext 4.0.1  that runs from Monterey all the way up to Sequoia. I've tested it yesterday because I am a sucker for 3D globe view of planet earth. :D

AdvancedMap-4.0.0-RELEASE.zip

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi, my error cousing the folder mnt1 vanish when oclp try to mount folder, i dont know how, see atach picture please.

Before try to install, mnt1 folder exist.

i try to make another folder mnt1 but not succes because cannot rename.

Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 19.45.28.png

Edited by ovidoi

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

If you have the OCLP app on Sonoma also, you need to also update that to the latest OCLP 2.0.0 Nightly as well just incase the older version is seeping into Sequoia causing Wireless Hand Off to iPhone not to work.

When multi-booting multiple versions of macOS, it's perfectly OK to patch each macOS version with a different version of OCLP.  It's my preferred way of operating.  How do you propose that OCLP patches in Sonoma are "seeping" into Sequoia (or vice versa)?  We're creating our own custom EFIs for booting macOS on our hacks, so the EFI is not being created by OCLP and the post-install patches in one macOS volume are COMPLETELY independent of OCLP post-install patches in another macOS volume.

1 hour ago, deeveedee said:

How do you propose that OCLP patches in Sonoma are "seeping" into Sequoia (or vice versa)? 

Sorry I don't profess or pretend to be an expert, but has learnt from experience having different EFI Folders in a multi-booting system without stipulating or earmarking which boots which, can and will mislead sometimes.

I tend to and prefer to have one EFI on one Partition to boot all. I spoke about seepage (possibly not the correct terminology) because I have a copy of OCAT and PlistEdit Pro on both Sonoma and Sequoia.

When I need to edit the config.plist I am presented with both examples of either PlistEdit Pro or OCAT.

Maybe you can correct me how to stop this from happening so that the app that is installed on the current booted OS only appears to be used.

I think I shall continue to carry on in my ham fisted way until I learn better or pointed in the right direction by someone more knowledgeable than my self.

Then again, maybe I should keep quiet for fear of sounding stupid and let the experts offer proper tips/fixes and advice.

Cheers.

Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 19.51.20.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Sorry I don't profess or pretend to be an expert, but has learnt from experience having different EFI Folders in a multi-booting system without stipulating or earmarking which boots which, can and will mislead sometimes.

I tend to and prefer to have one EFI on one Partition to boot all. I spoke about seepage (possibly not the correct terminology) because I have a copy of OCAT and PlistEdit Pro on both Sonoma and Sequoia.

When I need to edit the config.plist I am presented with both examples of either PlistEdit Pro or OCAT.

Maybe you can correct me how to stop this from happening so that the app that is installed on the current booted OS only appears to be used.

I think I shall continue to carry on in my ham fisted way until I learn better or pointed in the right direction by someone more knowledgeable than my self.

Then again, maybe I should keep quiet for fear of sounding stupid and let the experts offer proper tips/fixes and advice.

Cheers.

Never had 2 or more EFI's.

@eSaF and @Stefanalmare I never have more than one EFI.  The original post indicated that we should not be installing different versions of the OCLP app for Sonoma and Sequoia - not related at all to the EFI.  Sorry if this is remedial, but the EFI doesn't contain the OCLP app and does not contain any post-install patches.

My correction to eSaF's original post has nothing to do with the EFI.

EDIT: For example...

I boot Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, Sonoma and Sequoia with a single Open Core EFI (just as you boot multiple versions of macOS with a single EFI).  I patch each version of macOS with a version of OCLP that I have thoroughly tested.  I don't upgrade OCLP for a particular macOS unless it is necessary.  I still use OCLP 0.6.8 to patch Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura.  I still use OCLP 1.4.3 to patch Sonoma.  I have not yet started applying OCLP post-install patches to Sequoia.  

I hope that's more clear.

EDIT2: @eSaF I was responding to your original statement "If you have the OCLP app on Sonoma also, you need to also update that to the latest OCLP 2.0.0 Nightly as well just incase the older version is seeping into Sequoia..."  I'm old, so I let my Depends handle my seeping problems, but I never have any issues with OCLP seepage.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

Despite my lack of  technical Hack knowhow and expertise, my ham fisted creation proved to be no problem with this Update.

As far as Intel Macs are concerned, my machine operates just the same.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-09-09at21_01_46.png.4ed012e193ed67d728ad3570bd769d5e.png

• Like 7

Upgrade to Sequoia 15.0 RC proceeded without issues on my HackMini8,1.  Booting with OCLP 1.0.1 (a single EFI :hysterical:).  Not applying OCLP post-install patches.

About This Hack: Sequoia 15.0 RC

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-09-09at4_12_10PM.png.f49546343d97896f0938c2f7c450b398.png

Now dual-booting macOS and Windows 11 (each on its own NVMe SSD).  This hack is awesome.

• Like 4

Just went through all Apps and operation.

Happy that Air Drop in both directions and Wireless Hand Off to iPhone are still working despite not knowing what I am doing.

My excuse is I am old. ;)

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-09-09at21_26_45.png.e9f78f404d9bfb24c25cd972490f3cf6.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Happy that Air Drop in both directions and Wireless Hand Off to iPhone are still working despite not knowing what I am doing.

Knowledge and expertise are overrated. :hysterical:

Don't mind my emoticons - their novelty (for me) will soon wear off. :)

Edited by deeveedee

2 hours ago, deeveedee said:

When multi-booting multiple versions of macOS, it's perfectly OK to patch each macOS version with a different version of OCLP.  It's my preferred way of operating.  How do you propose that OCLP patches in Sonoma are "seeping" into Sequoia (or vice versa)?  We're creating our own custom EFIs for booting macOS on our hacks, so the EFI is not being created by OCLP and the post-install patches in one macOS volume are COMPLETELY independent of OCLP post-install patches in another macOS volume.

@deeveedee... Have you ever tried to get the Nvidia 780m to work in the iMac late 2013? Does it work with OCLP 2.0.0? Please write me the answer. Thanks

3 minutes ago, taqieallah said:

RC DONE

Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 11.58.06 PM.png

Have you ever tried to get the Nvidia 780m to work in the iMac late 2013? Does it work with OCLP 2.0.0? Please write me the answer. Thanks

• Like 1

@AlfredoM I don't have one to test.  What happens when you try to patch your 780m with OCLP 2.0.0?  If you're nervous about testing OCLP 2.0.0 before confirming with someone else, don't be nervous.  Create another APFS volume with Sequoia (so that you have your original, untouched macOS volume and a second test volume).  Attempt to apply your OCLP 2.0.0 patches to your test volume.  If it fails, you haven't lost anything.  Keep a Time Machine (or other) reliable backup of your original volume just to be extra cautious.

There should be no reason why you don't test for yourself.

@AlfredoM I haven't seen a link to the full 15.0 RC installer (yet) but you know it will be posted in this thread as soon as it is available (I still don't know how they know so quickly and it remains a mystery to me :lol:).  If your goal is to test OCLP 2.0.0 with your Kepler graphics, then using 15.0 Beta 8 will be sufficient.  Good luck with your test!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@AlfredoM I haven't seen a link to the full 15.0 RC installer (yet) but you know it will be posted in this thread as soon as it is available (I still don't know how they know so quickly and it remains a mystery to me :lol:).  If your goal is to test OCLP 2.0.0 with your Kepler graphics, then using 15.0 Beta 8 will be sufficient.  Good luck with your test!

Any RC full downloader until now?

• Like 1