[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

It is OCLP compiled from source/development, bypassing the 2 restrictions. All on: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-15-sequoia-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2428654/

Full acceleration.

It works with all Metal 3802, but in my case, not on the rigs that need KDK.

Can you please tell me how I can do this for my Keppler nVidia GTX 780M (in the iMac late 2013 with i7 Intel CPU (27 inches)

so that I finally get full graphics support?
Thanks for that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi @Andrw0380 

All good? I looked at your config.plist and noticed that there are 2 keys missing and modified two others if you want to test.

Here your config.plist 

config.plist.zip 5.94 kB · 5 downloads

Modifications:

ExtendBTFeatureFlags     Bolean     true

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.791d6bc85f0433923c91318303c738a2.png

XhciPortLimit      Bolean     true

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.ead4048ae44443980fb8074c80b554c9.png

I add 2 keys that important in Nvram 

NVRAM > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

bluetoothExternalDongleFailed    data    <00>

bluetoothInternalControllerInfo    data     <00000000 00000000 00000000 0000>

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.83e5a5ce8324d57408ddaf54a8986a2e.png

Hope you can fix that 

Need fix your internal ports to 255 in USB mapping. 

If you want try this version of IntelBluetooth v2.4.0 

https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware/releases/tag/v2.4.0 

Check here too:

https://github.com/perez987/Intel-AX210-wifi6-on-macOS-Sonoma#installing-wifi-module 

Thanks so much man as I now have working BT! I've added those config.plist changes with the IntelBluetoothFirmware build that was on the official Github page that @deeveedee provided above your comment and everything now works! 

I did take a look at the USBPort map and on my Dell Inspiron 7567, the BT adapter and the Camera is connected to port 0x04 and 0x0C which I did have mapped to internal (255) port. I just wanted to make sure per your comment if that is correct and what port map changes were you referencing? Also if I have the USBPorts.kext active, do I still need the XhciPortLimit key set to true? Just wanting to know for future reference so I know I'm running the config properly.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Andrw0380 said:

Muito obrigado, cara, como agora tenho BT trabalhando! Eu adicionei essas alterações do config.plist com a compilação IntelBluetoothFirmware que estava na página oficial do Github que @deeeveedee forneceu acima do seu comentário e tudo agora funciona!

Eu dei uma olhada no mapa USBPort e no meu Dell Inspiron 7567, o adaptador BT e a câmera estão conectados às portas 0x04 e 0x0C que eu mapeei para a porta interna (255). Eu só queria ter certeza de que, de acordo com o seu comentário, se isso está correto e a quais mudanças no mapa do porto você estava se referindo? Além disso, se eu tiver o USBPorts.kext ativo, ainda preciso que a chave XhciPortLimit seja definida como verdadeira? Só quero saber para referência futura para que eu saiba que estou executando a configuração corretamente.

You can try use XHCIPortlimit true first, and after this not work, try false (not recommended) but tell me what keys you add to fix? I prepare your config.plist to working. 

Yes im absolutely sure that 255 is internal ports. Usbports use SMBIOS, check inside the plist. Every time that you change SMBIOS, if you are using USBPorts.kext you need change SMBIOS too. 

Im using to fix old HDD compile RHUB ports, but laptop maybe not need that. Always use to internal ports like Bluetooth Broadcom, intel AX that not is CNvio, but you can use too. 

In my desktop I have been used both: Broadcom Bluetooth and isolated intel BT, using Intel Wireless or OCLP, you choose that as you want. 

Enjoy it! 

:plane:

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

You can try use XHCIPortlimit true first, and after this not work, try false (not recommended) but tell me what keys you add to fix? I prepare your config.plist to working. 

Yes im absolutely sure that 255 is internal ports. Usbports use SMBIOS, check inside the plist. Every time that you change SMBIOS, if you are using USBPorts.kext you need change SMBIOS too. 

Im using to fix old HDD compile RHUB ports, but laptop maybe not need that. Always use to internal ports like Bluetooth Broadcom, intel AX that not is CNvio, but you can use too. 

In my desktop I have been used both: Broadcom Bluetooth and isolated intel BT, using Intel Wireless or OCLP, you choose that as you want. 

Enjoy it! 

:plane:

Here is my updated config.plist with working Wi-Fi and BT. I've cleaned it up and removed the old entries of kexts I had set to disable when I first posted it. I believe the fix was using the proper BT kexts with adding the NVRAM BT entries as I didn't have that before in my config.plist.

I've also posted my USBPorts.kext which has my laptop ports are broken down as follows:

- External USB 3 ports for USB 2.0 devices use connectors 0x01-0x03, 0x07 (USB Card Reader) and USB 3.0 devices connect to 0x11-0x13

- Internal ports are 0x04 (Bluetooth Adapter) and 0x0C (Internal Camera)

The Dell Inspiron 7567 only has a USB 3.0 Controller for it's ports so that's why I've set all the external ports to value 3 and internal ports to 255 as per best practices. Thanks again everyone for helping me get this to work! 

config.plist USBPorts.kext.zip

Edited by Andrw0380
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

1.  Bypass "3802 patchability check": in sys_patch/detections/detect.py line 724 commented out the return False.

2. Re-compile the privileged-helper-tool with make debug (Terminal), removes Dortania signing.

Like I said, all is here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-15-sequoia-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2428654/

Okay, thanks. I have got to figure wherer this line went, because the detect.py file was removed/replaced in the latest commit: "patchsets: Implement new patch detection architecture"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eSaF said:

No worries, I think it is well known that I am probably the oldest here on IM, Quite a fossil actually. :hysterical:

You're in good company my friend, mostly because I'm a modest man 😅

5969-Legends-1956-web_1024x1024.webp

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, deeveedee said:

Please forgive my misunderstanding - I thought you were saying that Lilu.kext needed to be injected before USBPorts.kext in order for USBPorts.kext to work properly.  I'll interpret that to mean that I'm too young to know the "old school" way, since I've never heard of it.  :lol:

Please accept my apology for not inspecting your signature.  I need to make that a habit, since it's not my first time.  Sorry about that.

See here.  Login to GitHub to download the build.

EDIT: @bluenote56 Just to clarify, I didn't say that NVidia 710 (Kepler Metal 3802) was supported natively in Sequoia, I said it was supported natively in Big Sur.  If you have a NVvidia Kepler Metal 3802 graphics card, then by all means, please test the OCLP nightly to see if you can duplicate Stefanalmare's success.

Yor're very welcome and there's no problem at all. Concerning Nvidia 710 I got it but my reply was incomplete. btw I tried the OCPL nightly but it get the same issue like many others ( it doesn't work) so I decided to wait. 

8 hours ago, eSaF said:

No worries, I think it is well known that I am probably the oldest here on IM, Quite a fossil actually. :hysterical:

I am not so sure, I am vintage April 45 and still going strong.

Greetings Henties

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, robi62 said:

@Stefanalmare

It is OCLP compiled from source/development, bypassing the 2 restrictions. All on: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-15-sequoia-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2428654/

Full acceleration.

I have no idea how to do that and dont have xcode installed … can you share you recompiled version????

Sorry, it is against the developers policy. If you can't compile according with your needs, for sure if you have trouble you can't deal with it. Sorry! Better wait a bit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

Sorry for the OT subject.

@bluenote56 - When you made you debut, I was already taking on the world at age 3.

@Henties - I stand corrected. 

It's great to know us fossils are keeping up with the savvy tech 'young uns' of today. :lol:

Well, well, well @eSaF now I know who bought the last ticket for the jethro Tull concert at Velvet Green saying "I'm the eldest brother". 😅

@Henties you win it all man.

Btw ( I quit immediately after), you know the famous aphorisms “modern people are like dwarfs standing on the shoulders of giants” where the giants are supposed to be us. The only problem is that we last about 3 seconds before collapsing. Damn crutches. 

Thanks God for these young guys who work so hard for us.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

1.  Bypass "3802 patchability check": in sys_patch/detections/detect.py line 724 commented out the return False.

2. Re-compile the privileged-helper-tool with make debug (Terminal), removes Dortania signing.

Like I said, all is here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-15-sequoia-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2428654/

Why not posting the direct information link ?

Result is mutch more better for Haswel Intel HD 4600

image.png.17ccb8d6df2251d1aa131c9c3f050daf.pngimage.thumb.png.ccad79d5d66aa7e7b66cd12be6a158ad.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Why not posting the direct information link ?

It's a good idea but I think as @Stefanalmare "If you can't compile according with your needs, for sure if you have trouble you can't deal with it. Sorry! Better wait a bit."

It's a way to remember that some tasks may be beyond our skills and in this case it's better to wait for the devs to release new versions.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

New nightly build of OLCP based on Sequoia Development branch can be downloaded here: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/pull/1137#issuecomment-2295376562

This can patch Ivy Bridge and Kepler cards as well

I have to update latest Beta 8 then I will test after reboot update

EDIT *****

Yes OK

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9efafe81f3dc56339ff05e9a8b8bbda6.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

New nightly build of OLCP based on Sequoia Development branch can be downloaded here: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/pull/1137#issuecomment-2295376562

This can patch Ivy Bridge and Kepler cards as well

yes it works but   I have no wifi for my BCm4352

Screenshot 2024-09-02 at 21.27.07.png

Screenshot 2024-09-02 at 21.27.01.png

Edited by robi62
  • Like 1

Spoiler

6.png.e35707394cf5c9ac2adda45dbf8796e7.png

Spoiler

5.thumb.png.1ae47ab87ba698b2bd4e5921f51e451d.png

Spoiler

1.png

Spoiler

2.png

Spoiler

3.png

Spoiler

4.png

On some rigs problems rendering background and USB 1.1 is not patched properly. Also in one machine IGPU is not patched, just GPU.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 6