[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

Hi, Sequoia beta 8 regress by OCLP root patch, "No kext found with GPUCompanionBundles, skipping RSRMonitor" cannot detect AMDRdeonx3000.kext in DMG pak, all other files installing.

Build wxPython #1662: Commit fccde72 other new build say unsupported os.

Screenshot 2024-09-01 at 07.30.19.png

1 hour ago, ovidoi said:

Hi, Sequoia beta 8 regress by OCLP root patch, "No kext found with GPUCompanionBundles, skipping RSRMonitor" cannot detect AMDRdeonx3000.kext in DMG pak, all other files installing.

Build wxPython #1662: Commit fccde72 other new build say unsupported os.

Screenshot 2024-09-01 at 07.30.19.png

I think that's because the required fix "Add TeraScale Fixup" has not been implemented into the source code yet: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/pulls

• Like 4

Thanks to help from @CloverLeaf, I figured out why my Intel Bluetooth wasn't working in Sequoia Beta.  I was testing non-zxystd Bluetooth kext builds that others had built.  It turns out that if I use the "official" zxystd Sequoia Bluetooth kext builds and Shanee's Bluetoolfixup.kext (without -lilubetaall) or Acidanthera's BluetoolFixup.kext (with -lilubetaall as @acquarius13 said), Intel Bluetooth is working for me with Intel 9560.

See details here.  Intel Bluetooth is now working for me with Sequoia Beta 8 and Intel 9560.

EDIT: @eSaF FYI - Lilu.kext only needs to be injected before Lilu-dependent kexts.  Unless someone develops a USB port map kext that depends on Lilu, USB port map kexts and other kexts that do not depend on Lilu can be injected before Lilu.kext without issues.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

I think that's because the required fix "Add TeraScale Fixup" has not been implemented into the source code yet: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/pulls

Hi, in beta 6 detected but have issue see this post:https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/359530-pre-release-macos-sequoia/?do=findComment&comment=2824490

this new error is in beta 8, amdradeonx3000 exist in package.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Latest Sequoia beta. Nvidia GT 710, Ivy Bridge IGPU and wifi patched:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.e5ee1bbcd2fe4f73530cedd766c324de.png

Hi may I ask how you patched? OCLP or what? Thanks

11 minutes ago, bluenote56 said:

I would be interested in that too.
Does your nVidia graphics card work with full graphics acceleration?
Thanks for the info on that.

• Like 1

@bluenote56 and @AlfredoM It would be a good idea to post your NVidia graphics card / chipset with your questions.  @Stefanalmare's GT 710 was natively supported by macOS through Big Sur (without the need for "web drivers").   Not all Nvidia are equal.  For example, I still can't patch my Nvidia Tesla graphics with OCLP.  Chances are, if your Nvidia graphics was last officially supported in High Sierra, it still won't work in Sequoia with OCLP (not yet).

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, bluenote56 said:

42 minutes ago, AlfredoM said:

I would be interested in that too.
Does your nVidia graphics card work with full graphics acceleration?
Thanks for the info on that.

It is OCLP compiled from source/development, bypassing the 2 restrictions. All on: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-15-sequoia-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2428654/

Full acceleration.

41 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@bluenote56 and @AlfredoM It would be a good idea to post your NVidia graphics card / chipset with your questions.  @Stefanalmare's GT 710 was natively supported by macOS through Big Sur (without the need for "web drivers").   Not all Nvidia are equal.  For example, I still can't patch my Nvidia Tesla graphics with OCLP.  Chances are, if your Nvidia graphics was last officially supported in High Sierra, it still won't work in Sequoia with OCLP (not yet).

It works with all Metal 3802, but in my case, not on the rigs that need KDK.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, deeveedee said:

EDIT: @eSaF FYI - Lilu.kext only needs to be injected before Lilu-dependent kexts.  Unless someone develops a USB port map kext that depends on Lilu, USB port map kexts and other kexts that do not depend on Lilu can be injected before Lilu.kext without issues

Thanks for the clarification.

I tend to stick to the old school Dortania way which hasn't failed me as yet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deeveedee said:

1 hour ago, deeveedee said:

Hi, I wrongly assumed it was enough from my signature. Anyway I use Nvidia 780 and 770 (Kepler) which work perfectly with OCLP till Sonoma. I didn't remember that 710 works outb. Therefore I must wait. :)

17 hours ago, eSaF said:

I don't know what exactly your problem is.

I just had a Quick Look at your EFI Folder and in the kext tree, you have the USB.kext first.

I don't know if it is still relevant but the golden rule is Lilu.kext should always be the first kext.

Maybe if I knew a bit more of your problem, I could offer a possible solution.

My issue is I can't enable or use Bluetooth as anytime I try and enable it, the toggle goes in the off position and in System Information, it shows BRCM_4350C2 instead of Third Party Dongle like it did in Sonoma. I've just tried the BT kexts from @CloverLeaf with removing 'lilubetall' boot-args and still no BT. Thanks @CloverLeaf for providing your EFI folder.

Edited by Andrw0380

6 hours ago, deeveedee said:

Thanks to help from @CloverLeaf, I figured out why my Intel Bluetooth wasn't working in Sequoia Beta.  I was testing non-zxystd Bluetooth kext builds that others had built.  It turns out that if I use the "official" zxystd Sequoia Bluetooth kext builds and Shanee's Bluetoolfixup.kext (without -lilubetaall) or Acidanthera's BluetoolFixup.kext (with -lilubetaall as @acquarius13 said), Intel Bluetooth is working for me with Intel 9560.

See details here.  Intel Bluetooth is now working for me with Sequoia Beta 8 and Intel 9560.

EDIT: @eSaF FYI - Lilu.kext only needs to be injected before Lilu-dependent kexts.  Unless someone develops a USB port map kext that depends on Lilu, USB port map kexts and other kexts that do not depend on Lilu can be injected before Lilu.kext without issues.

Hey man, do you have the zxystd's Sequoia Bluetooth kexts handy that I can try and see if that fixes my issue? I don't see them officially released on here or Github and only see the commit to support Sequoia which have to be built manually?

16 minutes ago, Andrw0380 said:

Hey man, do you have the zxystd's Sequoia Bluetooth kexts handy that I can try and see if that fixes my issue? I don't see them officially released on here or Github and only see the commit to support Sequoia which have to be built manually?

Could it be a problem that there are Lilu 1.6.6 and BlueToolFixup 2.6.7 in the config.plist, while Lilu 1.6.8 and BlueToolFixup 2.6.9 are in the kexts folder?

17 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Which Restrictions are you referring to exactly? Building from sequoia source didnt allow patching Intel HD 4000

1.  Bypass "3802 patchability check": in sys_patch/detections/detect.py line 724 commented out the return False.

2. Re-compile the privileged-helper-tool with make debug (Terminal), removes Dortania signing.

Like I said, all is here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-15-sequoia-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2428654/

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, strangeron said:

Could it be a problem that there are Lilu 1.6.6 and BlueToolFixup 2.6.7 in the config.plist, while Lilu 1.6.8 and BlueToolFixup 2.6.9 are in the kexts folder?

That is just a comment so it shouldn't affect loading kexts. I've just noticed that when I do a cold boot, IntelBluetoothFirmware doesn't load in kextstat, but when I boot into Windows and do a restart into Mac, then it loads, but still no BT, so it appears like an issue with my 0032 BT firmware loading on the Mac. I've tried building both IntelBTPatcher and IntelBluetoothFirmware from the official Github source, with using the BlueToolFixup that was posted here, but that didn't work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

Thanks for the clarification.

I tend to stick to the old school Dortania way which hasn't failed me as yet. 

Please forgive my misunderstanding - I thought you were saying that Lilu.kext needed to be injected before USBPorts.kext in order for USBPorts.kext to work properly.  I'll interpret that to mean that I'm too young to know the "old school" way, since I've never heard of it.  :lol:

2 hours ago, bluenote56 said:

Hi, I wrongly assumed it was enough from my signature. Anyway I use Nvidia 780 and 770 (Kepler) which work perfectly with OCLP till Sonoma. I didn't remember that 710 works outb. Therefore I must wait. :)

Please accept my apology for not inspecting your signature.  I need to make that a habit, since it's not my first time.  Sorry about that.

2 hours ago, Andrw0380 said:

See here.  Login to GitHub to download the build.

EDIT: @bluenote56 Just to clarify, I didn't say that NVidia 710 (Kepler Metal 3802) was supported natively in Sequoia, I said it was supported natively in Big Sur.  If you have a NVvidia Kepler Metal 3802 graphics card, then by all means, please test the OCLP nightly to see if you can duplicate Stefanalmare's success.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

I'll interpret that to mean that I'm too young to know the "old school" way, since I've never heard of it.  :lol:

No worries, I think it is well known that I am probably the oldest here on IM, Quite a fossil actually. :hysterical:

• Haha 4

On 8/31/2024 at 9:59 PM, Andrw0380 said:

Obrigado pela informação. Acabei de tentar com aquele boot-args e, infelizmente, nenhuma mudança. É estranho o fato de que todos os 3 kexts estão carregados e eu não mudei meu mapa SMBIOS ou USB Port quando fiz a atualização, então é estranho que de repente não esteja funcionando, especialmente depois de fazer algumas redefinições da NVRAM. Eu tenho Wi-Fi funcionando, pois apenas a BT não está funcionando na placa AX210 no meu laptop Dell Inspiron 7567.

Anexei minha pasta OC com meu config.plist. Eu removi a seção genérica exclusiva do SMBIOS para o meu sistema e tive que remover o 'itwlm.kext' e o 'IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext', pois o tamanho do arquivo compactado era muito grande para aqui, mas esses kexts estão no meu OC na pasta Kexts que está sendo usada.

OC.zip 4,79 MB·10 downloads

Hi @Andrw0380 

All good? I looked at your config.plist and noticed that there are 2 keys missing and modified two others if you want to test.

Here your config.plist 

config.plist.zip

Modifications:

ExtendBTFeatureFlags     Bolean     true

Spoiler

image.png.791d6bc85f0433923c91318303c738a2.png

XhciPortLimit      Bolean     true

Spoiler

image.png.ead4048ae44443980fb8074c80b554c9.png

I add 2 keys that important in Nvram 

NVRAM > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

bluetoothExternalDongleFailed    data    <00>

bluetoothInternalControllerInfo    data     <00000000 00000000 00000000 0000>

Spoiler

image.png.83e5a5ce8324d57408ddaf54a8986a2e.png

Hope you can fix that 

Need fix your internal ports to 255 in USB mapping. 

If you want try this version of IntelBluetooth v2.4.0 

https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware/releases/tag/v2.4.0 

Check here too:

https://github.com/perez987/Intel-AX210-wifi6-on-macOS-Sonoma#installing-wifi-module 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

It is OCLP compiled from source/development, bypassing the 2 restrictions. All on: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-15-sequoia-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2428654/

Full acceleration.

It works with all Metal 3802, but in my case, not on the rigs that need KDK.

works ???? with GeForce GTX 780M in my iMac late 2013 -27 Inch ?

Edited by AlfredoM
  • Like 1