[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, kaoskinkae said:

I have only followed the corresponding guide for that type of Wi-Fi card. It is not difficult to activate in the case of the Old I had to choose a night compilation that has only worked since beta 7, you can see in my history but in the new and old the configuration of the config.plist and the kext works great

Yeah, the problem is that I can see no attachments for "new" and "old". Can you, please, reupload?

Also, what is your hardware?

31 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Sí, el problema es que no veo archivos adjuntos para "nuevo" y "antiguo". ¿Podrías volver a subirlos?

Además, ¿cuál es tu hardware?

I'm going to tell you how the movie "now you see me" look below is my equipment data the compilation depends on your model in my case #1592 it worked for me on the OLD: on the New they all work

4 minutes ago, kaoskinkae said:

I'm going to tell you how the movie "now you see me" look below is my equipment data the compilation depends on your model in my case #1592 it worked for me on the OLD: on the New they all work

Now it makes sense. Thank you. :)

So, with Fenvi T191 you have WIFI, Bluetooth and Airdrop? Or just WiFi?

7 minutes ago, arsradu said:

So, with Fenvi T191 you have WIFI, Bluetooth and Airdrop? Or just WiFi?

If I may, the Fenvi T-919 works perfectly.

B/T and Wireless both are available after OCLP patching.

The only bugbear is, on my machine 'Hand Off' to iPhone Camera in Sequoia will only work when the phone is connected by USB but not Wireless.

Whereas in Sonoma, 'Hand Off' to iPhone Camera works in both USB connection and Wireless.

Trying to connect iPhone Camera wireless in Sequoia results in a black screen and will lock up the P/C forcing a hard reset.

In all other aspects, the Fenvi T-919 works perfectly.

With every release of OCLP including Nightly versions, I am hoping this one snag will be solved.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, arsradu said:

Hey guys!

Has anyone managed to get BCM bluetooth working with Sequoia? I've got a BT-500 dongle (from ASUS) and, even with the same BlueToolFixup in place, starting with beta 4 or 5, BT doesn't work anymore. You try to enable it, and it just goes back to disabled.

I've tried some of the advises over here (including using -lilubetaall boot arg), but no success.

The hardware is recognised in Hackintool, so I don't think that's a USB issue (recognised as BCM4350C2....not sure how accurate that is though)...but...it just doesn't get enabled.

Any ideas?

hi I have an Asus bt 400 and working fine with latest beta what wifi card do you have???

Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 13.51.11.png

Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 13.51.56.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

The only bugbear is, on my machine 'Hand Off' to iPhone Camera in Sequoia will only work when the phone is connected by USB but not Wireless.

Whereas in Sonoma, 'Hand Off' to iPhone Camera works in both USB connection and Wireless.

Trying to connect iPhone Camera wireless in Sequoia results in a black screen and will lock up the P/C forcing a hard reset.

With every release of OCLP including Nightly versions, I am hoping this one snag will be solved.

Thank you very much for confirmation! :)

I'm still looking around to find either a Fenvi T191, or another Mac socketed WiFi card (like for example something like this from eBay?) that I can use with an adapter of some sort. Is it worth going this way? Is there an easier way to get something good, reliable, online? Is it worth trying something like an original Mac card? I was thinking of the BCM943602CDP for example...?

I'm so confused right now. :)) Because, as far as I know, there is no native support in MacOS for these, right? Apple just doesn't support them. So...now we need OCLP and a couple of kexts (like AirportBrcmFixup, AMFIPass, IOSkywalkFamily and IO80211FamilyLegacy) to make it work? But...since Sequoia itself is still in beta (well, close to final considering it's almost September and it's already in Beta 8), and OCLP is still in beta, we still have some issues, like the one you described above? Did I get it right?

Right now, what I'm trying to do is not necessarily to add WiFi to my Pc. It's a desktop after all, and connected via Ethernet. So I don't necessarily need WiFi. But I do need BT. And I still don't know what the hell is wrong with that adapter. So that's why I'm looking for alternatives. I'm hoping with this card, or maybe another one, which would accomplish the same thing, I can get BT fixed, and, as a bonus, get WiFi on my desktop PC. Airdrop would be amazing, and continuity camera is not a problem for me since I don't really use it. But of course, that would be super cool, if someone would manage to make it work in the end.

So, all things considered, what would be your advice? Just go with Fenvi? Try an original Mac card, with some sort of adapter? Any idea how to fix my BT issue separately, so that I don't need to buy new hardware for this?

I would really love your opinion, cause I'm really confused right now. :))

1 hour ago, robi62 said:

hi I have an Asus bt 400 and working fine with latest beta what wifi card do you have???

I don't have a WiFi card. Just that BT-500 adapter. I also had the BT-400 before, but for some reason, microphone for connected headphones wouldn't work with that one. So I bought BT-500, and amazingly enough, that worked...for a while. But now, it doesn't work at all.

I can't even enable BT on my computer (after turning it on in System Settings, it just goes back to disabled).

Edited by arsradu

@arsradu  As the first Beta Sequoia did not work with the usual Wifi and B/T fixes, I did try the AX210 Card and kexts but functionality was not to my liking.

Airdrop was none existent the Apple way plus a few more Continuity functions.

With the development of OCLP getting better and better, I went back to the Fenvi card and am happy to stay with it.

BT and WIFI work as should both in all Apple OS and Windows.

I will be bias preferring the Fenvi as it is an all in one solution.

The example you mentioned - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253247774989 - looks an excellent option to solve both BT and WIFI.

Have you tried to see if BT is operational in Windows? That's if you have a dual booting setup of course.

Sometimes it is just a matter of removing or adding a kext or two to fix the problem.

I have included two pics showing how the Fenvi T-919 is working on my system with no fuss.

OCLP patching is a must to get back WIFI and BT functionality in BCM Cards like before as Apple has now dropped support.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-08-31at13_47_43.png.823ea65524e10afdde02948147a7307b.pngScreenshot2024-08-31at13_49_34.thumb.png.f2ed14121fbf256a994dcce28ffe058b.png

• Like 5

@robi62 I see your Internet connection is by WIFI only if I am not mistaken.

Whereas I have the option of both Ethernet and WIFI.

All in all it doesn't really matter as long as connection is achieved.

I am hoping for a WiFi 6 card to come a long that will offer the same benefits as the Fenvi but with increased speed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@arsradu  As the first Beta Sequoia did not work with the usual Wifi and B/T fixes, I did try the AX210 Card and kexts but functionality was not to my liking.

Airdrop was none existent the Apple way plus a few more Continuity functions.

With the development of OCLP getting better and better, I went back to the Fenvi card and am happy to stay with it.

BT and WIFI work as should both in all Apple OS and Windows.

I will be bias preferring the Fenvi as it is an all in one solution.

The example you mentioned - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253247774989 - looks an excellent option to solve both BT and WIFI.

Have you tried to see if BT is operational in Windows? That's if you have a dual booting setup of course.

Sometimes it is just a matter of removing or adding a kext or two to fix the problem.

I have included two pics showing how the Fenvi T-919 is working on my system with no fuss.

OCLP patching is a must to get back WIFI and BT functionality in BCM Cards like before as Apple has now dropped support.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot2024-08-31at13_47_43.png.823ea65524e10afdde02948147a7307b.pngScreenshot2024-08-31at13_49_34.thumb.png.f2ed14121fbf256a994dcce28ffe058b.png

I do have a dual-boot setup, and it does work perfectly fine on Windows. So....yeah, looks like a MacOS specific issue.

Thank you very much for the advice! I'll definitely take it into consideration and see which one I'm gonna end up buying in the end. Will let you guys know either way, in case it helps someone else.

Once again, thank you so much! :)

By the way, which tool is that in the second screenshot? I keep seeing it around. Still, I don't remember ever using it before.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

@eSaF

This is a non-Fenvi issue. I have a different Wi-Fi card and everything works except hand-off. The hand-off issue is either OCLP or Sequoia Beta.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Extreme™ said:

@eSaF

This is a non-Fenvi issue. I have a different Wi-Fi card and everything works except hand-off. The hand-off issue is either OCLP or Sequoia Beta.

Thanks but at no time did I say this is a Fenvi issue.

If you look back at my post you'll see that I said everything is working in Sonoma so my conclusion is the same as yours, leaning towards the problem is within OCLP as Apple changed Network handling in Sequoia.

Again let me state, I have everything working bar the limitation of the T2 Chip absence (as well as EU regulations!!??) i.e iPhone mirroring etc.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, robi62 said:

Hey guys!

Has anyone managed to get BCM bluetooth working with Sequoia? I've got a BT-500 dongle (from ASUS) and, even with the same BlueToolFixup in place, starting with beta 4 or 5, BT doesn't work anymore. You try to enable it, and it just goes back to disabled.

I've tried some of the advises over here (including using -lilubetaall boot arg), but no success.

The hardware is recognised in Hackintool, so I don't think that's a USB issue (recognised as BCM4350C2....not sure how accurate that is though)...but...it just doesn't get enabled.

Any ideas?

I am using USB BT Trust 18187. It works fine in Sequoia Beta 8.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Again let me state, I have everything working bar the limitation of the T2 Chip absence (as well as EU regulations!!??) i.e iPhone mirroring etc.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

Yeah, the iPhone Mirroring thing is weird... :)) I still don't understand what does the EU have to do with this. Other than the fact that Apple is probably still sorrow from the whole USB-C thing...? But other than that, iPhone Mirroring is nothing more than screen mirroring with a couple of features to improve productivity. But it's not something like "OMG, we've never seen anything like this before". I mean, I haven't had the chance to test it, so I could be wrong, but at a first glance, it looks pretty much like TeamViewer.

You know what? I wish Apple would simply remove the iPhone Mirroring app from the OS, if region is set to anything other than US, or wherever they decided to launch this feature. I mean, what's the point having an app in my Launchpad and in my Applications folder if I can't use it in any way? It's just...there. It takes space, and can't be removed. Sounds like Samsung all over again.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 3

@eSaF yeah, so, there's definitely something wrong with Sequoia. I installed Sonoma on another partition, and it works fine. So, whatever's wrong with Sequoia, seems to only happen with Sequoia.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@arsradu Maybe saying something is wrong with Sequoia is not quite correct as Apple has made quite a few changes since Sonoma.

We'll have to wait the final Sequoia release to make a definitive comment.

Yes Sonoma is complete when patched with OCLP, unfortunately Sequoia proves to be different in that aspect.

Hopefully the OCLP Devs will figure something out as they did in Sonoma.

• Like 4

On 8/29/2024 at 11:19 AM, mnfesq said:

Thanks. Did you notice any loss of functionality?

On 8/29/2024 at 11:25 AM, eSaF said:

No I did not but like I said, next Beta try without the Script just incase.

Well, I unloaded sharingd using the script you provided and found a loss of functionality that was critical for me.  I could no longer send text messages using my laptop and the text messages I sent on my iPhone did not sync with my messages app on my laptop.  Before I realized that it was the absence of sharingd that was my problem, I logged out of messages/FaceTime and could not log back in.  By loading sharingd and rebooting, I was able to log back into messages/FaceTime and could once again send text messages from my laptop.  That was the only loss of functionality I detected.  It's still a good script for those who do not use this feature.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Well, I unloaded sharingd using the script you provided and found a loss of functionality that was critical for me.  I could no longer send text messages using my laptop and the text messages I sent on my iPhone did not sync with my messages app on my laptop.  Before I realized that it was the absence of sharingd that was my problem, I logged out of messages/FaceTime and could not log back in.  By loading sharingd and rebooting, I was able to log back into messages/FaceTime and could once again send text messages from my laptop.  That was the only loss of functionality I detected.  It's still a good script for those who do not use this feature.

Good call -  To be honest when I used the Script on my machine, I cannot honestly say I noticed the loss of iMessage.

The Script enabled Auto Sleep and I was happy.

I did wonder if any other function was affected using the Script but at the next Beta release, I reversed the Script and found Auto Sleep worked as should.

A few members with Sleep problem tried the Script and reported success, it would be interesting to hear their observations if they are still using it.

I can't remember if you stated Sleep was working before.

Wait until the next update and see if the situation changes.

9 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I can't remember if you stated Sleep was working before.

Wait until the next update and see if the situation changes.

My laptop goes to sleep ok. The problem is that it wakes up on its own and the wake reason was reported as sharingd. I have Power Nap disabled. I'm not sure what could be waking it up.

35 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

I'm not sure what could be waking it up.

I dare say you've looked in System Settings/Sharing and made sure all tabs here are set to disabled.

I don't think the machine waking on its own is too big a deal. I think anything can trigger a wake call.

My machine Sleep and Wake now works perfectly.

Attached is the Power Settings in Hackintool. See if yours corresponds to my own.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-08-31at20_04_00.thumb.png.51876cf253daa9dd653958e9c4395d71.png

• Like 2

I'm surprised that so much is being written about WiFi and that people are so concerned with it, even though there are enough alternatives FOR IT!!

No one is talking about the unsupported graphics acceleration in Sequoia for the Intel CPU 6xxx and 7XXX and the nVidia cards.

Do you enjoy working with Sequoia without full graphics acceleration?

Definitely not for me, which is why I don't use Sequoia on my old iMac late 2013 with nVidia graphics.

The WiFi is not a problem, I just use TP-link WLAN and instead of Airdrop I use Localsend.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Res said:

Try bootarg with -lilubetaall. It works on my system.

Thanks for the information. I just tried with that boot-args and unfortunately no change. It's weird the fact that all 3 kexts are loaded and I didn't change my SMBIOS or USB Port map when I did the upgrade so it's weird that suddenly it's not working especially after doing a couple NVRAM resets. I do have working Wi-Fi as only BT is not working on the AX210 card on my Dell Inspiron 7567 laptop.

I have attached my OC folder with my config.plist. I've removed the unique SMBIOS generic section for my system and had to remove the 'itwlm.kext' and the 'IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext' as the compressed file size was too big for here, but those kexts are in my OC in the Kexts folder that is being used.

OC.zip

Edited by Andrw0380

36 minutes ago, AlfredoM said:

I'm surprised that so much is being written about WiFi and that people are so concerned with it, even though there are enough alternatives FOR IT!!

No one is talking about the unsupported graphics acceleration in Sequoia for the Intel CPU 6xxx and 7XXX and the nVidia cards.

Do you enjoy working with Sequoia without full graphics acceleration?

Definitely not for me, which is why I don't use Sequoia on my old iMac late 2013 with nVidia graphics.

The WiFi is not a problem, I just use TP-link WLAN and instead of Airdrop I use Localsend.

Good points but the alternatives are not good enough for me.

I have no problem with graphics acceleration with my RX 580.

Even though my machine is a Hack, I want as much Apple authenticity in apps and operation as possible.

With my setup I think I have achieved that with very few exceptions.

If you have an iPhone and can see and appreciate the picture quality and versatility in camera hand off in video calls, the alternative you speak of just does not measure up.

But kudos to you with what is essential for you in your setup, as the saying goes..........'Every man steps to his own beat' :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andrw0380 said:

I have attached my OC folder with my config.plist.

I don't know what exactly your problem is.

I just had a Quick Look at your EFI Folder and in the kext tree, you have the USB.kext first.

I don't know if it is still relevant but the golden rule is Lilu.kext should always be the first kext.

Maybe if I knew a bit more of your problem, I could offer a possible solution.