[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi @naiclub sorry late, to much job to do on my work! 🤩 

If you are using Clover need use separate folders to kexts specific for your version of OSX, for exemple, like this print:

image.png.05ca4b6f339f52117c28a48cf6f1539e.png

If you are using Opencore need use Opencore Configurator need specified the minimum and maximum Kernel version 

I don't use Opencore anymore, but its something like that: 

image.thumb.png.d29fe57b3d7a108d51115544bc8fa5e1.png

So you need rename every the equals kexts that you need use in different systems, like AirportVentura min kernel (Ventura) and maximum Kernel (little bit before Sonoma) 

Check your system here: 

image.thumb.png.8428fc7b1bb1bac9ec6b8637af395c07.png

Or need check around to be better informed about how to do this. 

Just use AirportItlwm.kext alone, another intel wireless kexts like itlwm, just use only with Heliport, like instructions on Git Hub

https://openintelwireless.github.io/itlwm/Installation.html

Good Lucky 

Im using beta 8 version with OCLP and run smooth and my hacks still fine!

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.6e44c9341b5f37b15f09e141cd37b1a8.png

Hello, my dear friends. I would rather not use this part. It is unstable. It often hangs or panics. I would rather just use normal internet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Hi - I too had this problem a few Betas back but the next update fixed the problem.

I did post a fix for the problem on page 60 but I will post it here for you if you're still having Sleep problem.

I suggest use the Script but the next Beta revert the Script and see if Sleep works without it.

The Process:

in Terminal you need to enter 'sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.apsd.plist' (without the quotes) and hit enter, it will ask for your P/W, then hit Enter again.

Reboot, clean NvRAM, on reaching Desk Top test Auto Sleep and it should work.

To revert the Process:

If you need to undo the change and enable the process, in Terminal enter this line:- 'sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.apsd.plist' (without the quotes) and you're done.

Good luck.

Thanks. Did you notice any loss of functionality?

5 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Thanks. Did you notice any loss of functionality?

No I did not but like I said, next Beta try without the Script just incase.

• Like 1

Smooth, unattended upgrade from Sequoia Beta 7 -> Beta 8 on my HackMini8,1.  Booting with Open Core 1.0.1.  Not using OCLP.

Screenshot2024-08-29at2_24_06PM.png.55c1f86a61949b68840dde82e8cbb7fc.png

@acquarius13 Thank you for the suggestion.  I tried -lilubetaall boot-arg booting Sequoia Beta 8 with the OpenWireless 2.4.0 and 2.5.0 kexts, but my hack would not boot (booting with Open Core 1.0.1).  I'm using Intel 9560 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card, so I suspect that your suggestion is device dependent.

• Like 11

Upgrade of my HackBookPro6,2 from Sequoia Beta 7 -> Beta 8 was flawless.  Booting with OC 1.0.1.  Not yet applying any OCLP post-install patches.

Screenshot2024-08-29at4_58_50PM.png.5dcdb0372de9a7f683dd03e6bacafda7.png

• Like 6

12 hours ago, deeveedee said:

Smooth, unattended upgrade from Sequoia Beta 7 -> Beta 8 on my HackMini8,1.  Booting with Open Core 1.0.1.  Not using OCLP.

Screenshot2024-08-29at2_24_06PM.png.55c1f86a61949b68840dde82e8cbb7fc.png

@acquarius13 Thank you for the suggestion.  I tried -lilubetaall boot-arg booting Sequoia Beta 8 with the OpenWireless 2.4.0 and 2.5.0 kexts, but my hack would not boot (booting with Open Core 1.0.1).  I'm using Intel 9560 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card, so I suspect that your suggestion is device dependent.

Many times I experienced device dependent solutions that were not useful for my cases.

In fact, I suggested that the solution I found was helpful for me and I just wanted to share it.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, strangeron said:

Hp Pavilion 15-E i3 3110M HD4000 macOS Sequoia 15 Beta 7

Without applying OCLP

image.png

Hi strangeron! I also have ivy-bridge laptop with i3-3110m and HD 4000, but I get to the final stage of installation where I get in a boot loop, although I added cryptexfixup.kext and have amfi disabled.

Would you share your EFI, please?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ivak4eto said:

Hi strangeron! I also have ivy-bridge laptop with i3-3110m and HD 4000, but I get to the final stage of installation where I get in a boot loop, although I added cryptexfixup.kext and have amfi disabled.

Would you share your EFI, please?

İ3 3110M-EFI.zip

Since the same EFI is used in Big Sur and later, it may be necessary to edit it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, acquarius13 said:

Many times I experienced device dependent solutions that were not useful for my cases.

In fact, I suggested that the solution I found was helpful for me and I just wanted to share it.

I hope I didn't sound unappreciative of your suggestion - I was happy to test and fully understood that "my mileage may vary" as is the case with virtually every suggestion posted in this forum.  Like you, I was just reporting my test results.

Thank you for sharing your working solution!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

I hope I didn't sound unappreciative of your suggestion - I was happy to test and fully understood that "my mileage may vary" as is the case with virtually every suggestion posted in this forum.  Like you, I was just reporting my test results.

Thank you for sharing your working solution!

I understood your purpose: don't worry at all. :)

Thank you too for sharing your results

• Like 2

Hello everyone, I was wondering if you could assist.

I have an Intel AX210 card with BT and when upgraded to the Sequoia 15.0, I no longer have BT with System Information identifying my BT as a BCM_4350C2. I have the 3 kexts for BT loaded in the following order: IntelBluetoothFirmware, IntelBTPatcher and BlueToolFixup which shows loaded in Kextstat, but BT won't turn on. It was working fine in Sonoma and I've even tried using the files provided here by @Shaneee from June to no avail. In case this helps, my BT Device ID that is identified in Windows is 0032.

Please let me know if you'd need more information.

SystemInfo_BT.jpg

Hackintool_USB.jpg

KextStat.jpg

1 hour ago, Andrw0380 said:

Hello everyone, I was wondering if you could assist.

I have an Intel AX210 card with BT and when upgraded to the Sequoia 15.0, I no longer have BT with System Information identifying my BT as a BCM_4350C2. I have the 3 kexts for BT loaded in the following order: IntelBluetoothFirmware, IntelBTPatcher and BlueToolFixup which shows loaded in Kextstat, but BT won't turn on. It was working fine in Sonoma and I've even tried using the files provided here by @Shaneee from June to no avail. In case this helps, my BT Device ID that is identified in Windows is 0032.

Please let me know if you'd need more information.

SystemInfo_BT.jpg

Hackintool_USB.jpg

KextStat.jpg

Try bootarg with -lilubetaall. It works on my system.

Hey guys!

Has anyone managed to get BCM bluetooth working with Sequoia? I've got a BT-500 dongle (from ASUS) and, even with the same BlueToolFixup in place, starting with beta 4 or 5, BT doesn't work anymore. You try to enable it, and it just goes back to disabled.

I've tried some of the advises over here (including using -lilubetaall boot arg), but no success.

The hardware is recognised in Hackintool, so I don't think that's a USB issue (recognised as BCM4350C2....not sure how accurate that is though)...but...it just doesn't get enabled.

Any ideas?

Edited by arsradu

7 minutes ago, kaoskinkae said:

beta 8 OLD: OCP perfect

What is your hardware for WiFi? Does it work for WiFi and Bluetooth? What about Airdrop?

Is something like the BCM94360CS2 or newer (with PCI-E adapter) supported in Beta 8 with OCLP?

Edited by arsradu

5 minutes ago, arsradu said:

What is your hardware for WiFi? Does it work for WiFi and Bluetooth? What about Airdrop?

Is something like the BCM94360CS2 or newer (with PCI-E adapter) supported in Beta 8 with OCLP?

look NEW: AND OLD:

2 minutes ago, arsradu said:

You probably wanted to attach some screenshots or something. But they were not included.

I have only followed the corresponding guide for that type of Wi-Fi card. It is not difficult to activate in the case of the Old I had to choose a night compilation that has only worked since beta 7, you can see in my history but in the new and old the configuration of the config.plist and the kext works great