[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Anybody else wondering why they just stopped curating the OpenCore Install guide after Comet Lake?

I could be wrong.

Could it be because the processors after the 10th generation are already imitating the previous processors?

• Like 2

I don't know if you are aware, but recently a new "zero-click" vulnerability (zero-click means no user-interatcion is required, which is the worst kind) in Windows was published which directly attacks the TCP/IPv6 stack. 

Since 99.99999 % of home users don't need TCP/IPv6 anyway, it's good practice to disable it for LAN and WIFI.

To list your network interfaces:

sudo networksetup -listallnetworkservices 

To disable it:

sudo networksetup -setv6off Ethernet
sudo networksetup -setv6off Wi-Fi

To re-enable it

sudo networksetup -setv6automatic Wi-Fi
sudo networksetup -setv6automatic Ethernet

Double-check if the sttings have been applied afterwards.

For Wi-Fi: System Settings > Network > W-FI > Details... TCP/IP > "Configure IPV6" should be listed as "Off"

For LAN/Ethernet: System Settings > Network > Ethernet > Details... TCP/IP > "Configure IPV6" should be listed as "Off"

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

On 6/18/2024 at 4:05 AM, lorys89 said:

Finally on sequoia I have logitech mx keyboard keys and logitech mx anywhere 3 mouse connected to the bt and working

(intel ax210) 

image.thumb.png.97d0fc1672bf70ce541e5bee9781aed4.png

Hello, how did you got the BT working? I have AX201 too, tried the 3 kext on Page 3, as well as the NVRAM entry, but seems I cant make i to work, I not sure if the NVRAM entry was correct and the arrangement of the kexts too. Thank you

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 9.49.30 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 10.17.23 AM.png

Edited by minty_flare
Updated

37 minutes ago, minty_flare said:

Hello, how did you got the BT working? I have AX201 too, tried the 3 kext on Page 3, as well as the NVRAM entry, but seems I cant make i to work, I not sure if the NVRAM entry was correct and the arrangement of the kexts too. Thank you

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 9.49.30 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 10.17.23 AM.png

AFAIK, if you compile the IntelBluetoothFirmware kext from Github you should be able to get it working. I’ve also successfully used the kexts that @Shaneee shared in this thread.

Edited by jlrycm
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, jlrycm said:

AFAIK, if you compile the IntelBluetoothFirmware kext from Github you should be able to get it working. I’ve also successfully used the kexts that @Shaneee shared in this thread.

Thanks mate, I tried resetting the NVRAM and it worked out, I was using the OC mod NO ACPI by btwise awhile ago and switch it to the normal OC bootloder and reset the nvram at so far it went this way, Im not sure if it has something to do with NO ACPI or the normal OC

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 10.46.21 AM.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jlrycm said:

Will my Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz wireless Bluetooth work?

Its possible testing, like @Shaneee said " Using itlwm + Heliport for WiFi and these kexts that I updated to work for BT". 

Need fix config.plist in Opencore with: 

nvram setting

bluetoothExternalDongleFailed DATA 00

bluetoothInternalControllerInfo DATA 0000000000000000000000000000

image.png.0d1131fa38819b36c6c058761d429599.png

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Its possible testing, like @Shaneee said " Using itlwm + Heliport for WiFi and these kexts that I updated to work for BT". 

nvram setting

You can try reset nvram after setting your config, when I reset, it finally worked out.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

nvram setting

The configs of my legacy iMacs contain these settings as well.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

nvram setting

Can I get more details? Do I need to use anything additional? Thank you very much.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, naiclub said:

Can I get more details? Do I need to use anything additional? Thank you very much.

Just follow @miliuco tutorial with these new kexts 

You can do it 😉 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, naiclub said:

I did some more digging and it seems these two BT fixes are now part of Bluetoofixup:

https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/pull/31

So I disabled both patches:

Rebooted, reset NVRAM. And, as expected, Bluetooth still works, since my EFI contains the BlueToolFixup.kext. I guess these patches are remnants of a time before they were implemented in BlueToolFixup in June 2023

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, minty_flare said:

You can try reset nvram after setting your config, when I reset, it finally worked out.

That’s a standard mandatory procedure for me every time I change something in my EFI kexts and config file sections that would represent a change in the NVRAM

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

I did some more digging and it seems these two BT fixes are now part of Bluetoofixup:

https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/pull/31

So I disabled both patches:

Rebooted, reset NVRAM. And, as expected, Bluetooth still works, since my EFI contains the BlueToolFixup.kext. I guess these patches are remnants of a time before they were implemented in BlueToolFixup in June 2023

I’ll update the kext and disable this if it was picked up already 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Just follow @miliuco tutorial with these new kexts 

You can do it 😉 

hello Now I'm stuck on Secure Boot. It's enabled. cannot be closed It won't let me close.
Therefore unable to boot into Mac OS.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Are you enable secure boot on Bios? Need try disable and not need OCLP patcher. 

:plane:

Hello, which kext do I need to use?

• Like 2

BT still not works. 

So far, except for the OCLP method, I noted intel AC 9560 combo BT with IntelBluetoothFirmware-sequoia works only on beta 1~3. 

Maybe I am wrong.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Res said:

BT still not works. 

So far, except for the OCLP method, I noted intel AC 9560 combo BT with IntelBluetoothFirmware-sequoia works only on beta 1~3. 

Maybe I am wrong.

@Res The BT works on my laptop with the latest Sequoia Beta.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Res said:

BT still not works. 

Maybe I am wrong.

Hi, use intel BluetoothFirmware and Bluetoolfixup working good in beta6 to my laptop

@everyone please tell me why OCLP doesn't install AMDRadeonx3000.kext, the file exist in DMG pack amd has support for terrascale2 video card, i try many distro but same issue. In sonoma does not this issue include last oclp 160n build 173 pack version #1652 In Sequoia installed only AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle, but without AMDRadeonX3000.kext not have qe/ci.

how to install manualy, not have rights to write in system/library/extension, please help, thx.

Cannot msg send to oclp team.

L.E. file atach is the 13.6 folder in dmg pack, the file exist but no install.

Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 17.43.59.png

Edited by ovidoi
update
  • Like 2

AirportItlwm.kext IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext BlueToolFixup.kext IntelBTPatcher.kext Use these 4
Can't boot into Sequoia and Sonoma. Ventura Montorey Bigsur can boot normally. Can use bluetooth but wireless doesn't work.

• Like 2