[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, bluenote56 said:

Hi all, could you please give me a good advice  to enable my UHD 630 graphics with OC while waiting fo OCLP? I never used it so I enabled it in BIOS and therefore it's seen in DPCI manager but I didn't make the right steps for sure. I mean maybe pointing me to the correct links or whatever so I can learn how to fix it.

Thanks a lot as usual.

I assume you mean that you want to use UHD630 graphics to drive your display (or to drive multiple displays)?  If that is the case, it's off-topic for this thread and depends on the following:

• What graphics port types are you trying to enable (e.g., DP, HDMI)
  • Are you using any graphics adapters (e.g., DP->DVI)?

You can start learning about Intel frame buffer patching here.  Search for other hacks with your CPU / Graphics for examples.  If you don't find an existing thread that explains what you need, create a separate thread for your hack and ask for help there.

13 minutes ago, eSaF said:

See attached for UHD 630 entry to the config.plist.

Maybe I missunderstood the questions, but if bluenote56 wants to drive displays with UHD630, I don't think a headless frame buffer is the solution.  If a headless UHD630 solution is desired, then a headless UHD630 frame buffer as proposed by eSaF would be the solution you're looking for.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 8

@deeveedee - Great point, maybe I too misunderstood his query.

At the end of the day it all depends on how the poster wants his graphical setup to be oppose to my Headless solution.

Thanks for pointing out my presumption. Cheers.

PS. Maybe  they also need to understand the term Headless and the benefits or even downside.

I chose Headless on my machine as it suits my purpose.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

See attached for UHD 630 entry to the config.plist.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot2024-08-21at11_57_33.png.b7dbfbca807ea05ee45ecaa9b88c87a9.png

Thank you, I'll do it and give feedback

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deeveedee said:

I assume you mean that you want to use UHD630 graphics to drive your display (or to drive multiple displays)?  If that is the case, it's off-topic for this thread and depends on the following:

• What graphics port types are you trying to enable (e.g., DP, HDMI)
  • Are you using any graphics adapters (e.g., DP->DVI)?

You can start learning about Intel frame buffer patching here.  Search for other hacks with your CPU / Graphics for examples.  If you don't find an existing thread that explains what you need, create a separate thread for your hack and ask for help there.

Maybe I missunderstood the questions, but if bluenote56 wants to drive displays with UHD630, I don't think a headless frame buffer is the solution.  If a headless UHD630 solution is desired, then a headless UHD630 frame buffer as proposed by eSaF would be the solution you're looking for.

Hi, I posted here only because it's only related to my Sequoia ssd,since with Sonoma I use the Nvidia GPU but probably I had to write in another section. Sorry for that. Actually I thought I could use the internal GPU. Thanks for your advices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

@deeveedee - Great point, maybe I too misunderstood his query.

At the end of the day it all depends on how the poster wants his graphical setup to be oppose to my Headless solution.

Thanks for pointing out my presumption. Cheers.

PS. Maybe  they also need to understand the term Headless and the benefits or even downside.

I chose Headless on my machine as it suits my purpose.

Actually I'm not so prepared on this subject but I suppose that in headless mode no signal is sent to the monitor. I already have nvida working on Sequoia but of course without any acceleration (waiting for uptodate OCLP when any). Anyway I'll work on it without clogging up this section. Grazie

• Like 1

Mine doesn't update.

Edit Now can update Register Apple loginEdit Now can update Register Apple login

ภาพถ่ายหน้าจอ 2567-08-21 เวลา 22.38.19.png

Edited by naiclub
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

@eSaF

As @deeveedee says, this is for the iGPU headless mode.

@bluenote56

I don't know the CPU generation, I have i9-9900K Coffee Lake R and this guide is valid for my system:

https://github.com/perez987/Intel-UHD-630-on-macOS

This must work on Kaby Lake, Coffee Lake and Comet Lake.

Edited by miliuco
Fix typo
  • Like 5

4 horas atrás, bluenote56 disse:

Na verdade, não estou tão preparado sobre esse assunto, mas suponho que, no modo sem cabeça, nenhum sinal é enviado para o monitor. Eu já tenho o nvida trabalhando no Sequoia, mas é claro que sem qualquer aceleração (esperando pela atualização do OCLP quando houver). De qualquer forma, vou trabalhar nisso sem entupir esta seção. Obrigado

Hello all noble friends, 

Just to help, replacing the plist with its frambuffers, I placed each port separately and it is very important to be aware that every display port is basic and is contacted via ioreg, which is port0. 

In the contents of Dortania there is a turorial and a sample of the configurations I made, I dispensed with all the boot-args in order not to cause conflict, and I use it on all systems, including and especially I have acceleration on the Sequia, the Sonoma and the Ventura with the same plsit device configuration for iGPU, confirm below.

But I confess that I spent many hours studying everything out there until I achieved (in my opinion) perfection, including 4k, on an HD 620 card, but the settings come from the 630.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f992f3e8cdee63e6fbfa932df16a8759.png

Links to made by yourself: 

Device plist HD 620

DevicePropHD620-Lenovo-E470-KabyLake-7200-U.plist.zip

Prints PDF

Prints.zip

Good Lucky 

🍀

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Hello all noble friends, 

Just to help, replacing the plist with its frambuffers, I placed each port separately and it is very important to be aware that every display port is basic and is contacted via ioreg, which is port0. 

In the contents of Dortania there is a turorial and a sample of the configurations I made, I dispensed with all the boot-args in order not to cause conflict, and I use it on all systems, including and especially I have acceleration on the Sequia, the Sonoma and the Ventura with the same plsit device configuration for iGPU, confirm below.

But I confess that I spent many hours studying everything out there until I achieved (in my opinion) perfection, including 4k, on an HD 620 card, but the settings come from the 630.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.f992f3e8cdee63e6fbfa932df16a8759.png

Links to made by yourself: 

Device plist HD 620

DevicePropHD620-Lenovo-E470-KabyLake-7200-U.plist.zip

Prints PDF

Prints.zip

Good Lucky 

🍀

Is it possible to use the Intel® UHD Graphics 770?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, naiclub said:

No. 10th Gen Intel Core (Comet Lake) was the last line of Intel-based Macs that iGPU drivers (and frmebuffers). After that, Apple dropped Intel and used Apple Silicon. So unless someone comes up with an own solution (similar to Nootedred for AMD GPUs), these will never work.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, naiclub said:

Agree that it's not supported; however, if you want it badly enough, offer your support in this thread.

• Like 5

Upgrade from Sequoia Beta 6 -> Beta 7 was flawless on my HackBookPro6,2.  Booting with OC 1.0.1.  Not yet applying any OCLP post-install patches.

Screenshot2024-08-21at8_35_53PM.png.d1822a7f8b5665f91a0c2daead9b2620.png

• Like 12

Sequoia Beta 6 -> Sequoia Beta 7 easy on my system.

iMac19,1 without OCLP so incremental update.

No RestrictEvents.

So far, all good.

Boot time when progress bar below Apple logo is shorter than in the previous betas, now it's as Ventura and Sonoma.

• Like 12

16 hours ago, naiclub said:

Sorry late my friend, the good fellas already answer to you!! Good morning all good guys and girls!! 😉

But you can put all AMD eGPU that you want or wish! Intel its a sucks! BTW, set to 80 base core your CPU that you never get issues anymore. With Xcode for example. 

• Like 7

Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 8.43.24 PM.png

• Like 10

Gentlemen, if i can steal the thread quick. Many of you mention OCLP, which i have not had any reason to use and thought it was strictly for real and old Apple hardware.

Are you guys using it because it brings back older hardware support for the newer macOS? Or is there something more important on the patches? If not, a Vanilla machine wont need it right?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PlutoDelic said:

Gentlemen, if i can steal the thread quick.

I'd answer, but clearly your question wasn't directed at me.  But have no fear - OCLP is probably one of the most documented concepts in the hackintosh community.  A simple search would tell you all you need to know.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, deeveedee said:

I'd answer, but clearly your question wasn't directed at me.  But have no fear - OCLP is probably one of the most documented concepts in the hackintosh community.  A simple search would tell you all you need to know.

Absolutely, bravo and perfectly answered. 

@PlutoDelic - Please don't take @deeveedee reply as an aside, for them or anyone here to fully answer your query, would take up many pages here and more on this thread.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, PlutoDelic said:

Gentlemen, if i can steal the thread quick. Many of you mention OCLP, which i have not had any reason to use and thought it was strictly for real and old Apple hardware.

Are you guys using it because it brings back older hardware support for the newer macOS? Or is there something more important on the patches? If not, a Vanilla machine wont need it right?

Was OCLP conceived "strictly" with real Macs in mind? YES!

BUT: is it limited to be used on Macs only? NO!

OCLP consists of 2 major functions: an EFI folder "generarator" for the different Mac modesl as well as a patching engine for applying patches to macOS.

AND: Hackintosh users can benefit from the latter (as well as special kexts and config settings)

I've spend a lot of time documenting how hackintosh users can benefit from OCLP, since it is explicitely not supported, nor documented for Hackintoshes by the devs (for obvous reasons)

It can be found on my repo: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/14_OCLP_Wintel

• Like 12