[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

Spoiler

The strange thing is only with sequoia I have the problem instead with the previous MacOS up to Sonoma I safely update directly with the update notice. Same EFI, I don't have an explanation, to update I have to download 14gb every time from third-party links

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Ludox said:
  Hide contents

The strange thing is only with sequoia I have the problem instead with the previous MacOS up to Sonoma I safely update directly with the update notice. Same EFI, I don't have an explanation, to update I have to download 14gb every time from third-party links

@Ludox hi my friend, Maybe you have a duplicate SMBIOS or perhaps a USB kext that contains another SMBIOS, for example, usbports has the signature of an SMBIOS, if you modify its config.plist you need to modify the config.plist of the USB kext as well.

Spoiler

image.png.0042342ce41ce8da0f05068674fec4f2.png

• Like 5

solved the beta option problem, I had inadvertently deactivated my account, now I can't check if the update detects it because I had already updated with the third party link beta 6, next beta I'll see if it detects it.
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions...

Screenshot 2024-08-17 alle 20.50.25.png

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

hi my friend, Maybe you have a duplicate SMBIOS or perhaps a USB kext that contains another SMBIOS, for example, usbports has the signature of an SMBIOS, if you modify its config.plist you need to modify the config.plist of the USB kext as well.

That too is a feasible possibility.

He needs to explore every possible avenue to find the cause.

I tried the Beta app on a test drive and it worked as should.

I know it is a lot of work involved but I would rebuild the EFI without using any of the present files or kexts.

Change the SmBIOS even and try the installation on a test drive with the new EFI and see if the situation change.

Something is not quite right on his current setup.

4 minutes ago, Ludox said:

solved the beta option problem, I had inadvertently deactivated my account, now I can't check if the update detects it because I had already updated with the third party link beta 6, next beta I'll see if it detects it.
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions...

It's always something simple as such. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 6

10 hours ago, eSaF said:

You know, I did have that Beta app but I did a clear out of what I think are obsolete on a drive I put all useful files and tips.

That app was among others I stupidly removed to make space.

Thanks for letting me know the exact reason that particular app was requested.

Wish I could help, I even searched some older Spin-up drives I have lying around hoping to find it but no luck.

Hopefully someone will have a copy and forward it to him.

Just goes to show you shouldn't always discard old for the new. :)

Hi, Hopefully this works but I do have the app. Compressed and attached it. 

Beta Access Software Utility.zip

Edited by surenmunoo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Everyone happy again, as I read on a German forum, one of the users has in his signature, 
"Hackintosh is like a garden, every day there is something to do"

Let's enjoy my friends, I'm enjoying Sequoia, and everything involved.

:plane:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

On 8/14/2024 at 8:47 PM, Max.1974 said:

Hello, let me ask you, in this case the version of RestricEvents that I am using is 80 kb compiled on my computer with Xcode 16 beta 5. And there more another version, that have  59 kb. Which one do you use?

RestrictEvents-1.1.4-RELEASE 59KB XCODE16.zip 107.02 kB · 4 downloads RestrictEvents 80KB XCODE16.kext.zip 16.78 kB · 6 downloads

I have been tested with success compiled with Xcode 15 in Sonoma 14.5 

71 kb   RestrictEvents 71 kb XCODE15 Sonoma 14.5.kext.zip

I am always using the nightly builds from Dortania's repo: https://dortania.github.io/builds/?product=RestrictEvents&viewall=true

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nexusneko said:

No.

Capturadepantalla2024-08-17alas23_37_44.png.6e9c2f5e886cbf9a416bd5f16d12354e.png

Seedutil has been deprecated since macOS 13…

You need to register/login in to beta.apple.com, follow the instructions to get access the beta updates – no additional tools needed!

Whoever said, devs would have given up on the development of AirportItlwm.kext: it's false info! It's just that the dev is currently pre-occupied with other things: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/issues/983#issuecomment-2185587684

• Like 5

6 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

You need to register/login in to beta.apple.com, follow the instructions to get access the beta updates – no additional tools needed!

Which is what I wrote in my message.

• Like 3

@Ludox -- happy to hear your issue is sorted now. :) 

On 8/17/2024 at 3:37 PM, Naki said:

Works for me! :) Thanks for sharing it...

(Downloading 14+ GBs Beta now.)

Happy to report all fine! :)

Beta installed & working.

Edited by Naki
  • Like 6

I think a new release of OCLP is on the horizon.

A new version of the PatcherSuppor.pkg file was released https://github.com/dortania/PatcherSupportPkg/releases

And it has been implemented in the sequoia branch of OCLP: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/commit/1cbee930cba3d9389e6a301485536addff6c9e42

If you compile it from source, you could test it right now.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

I think a new release of OCLP is on the horizon.

A new version of the PatcherSuppor.pkg file was released https://github.com/dortania/PatcherSupportPkg/releases

And it has been implemented in the sequoia branch of OCLP: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/commit/1cbee930cba3d9389e6a301485536addff6c9e42

If you compile it from source, you could test it right now.

How to fix this error running OCLP 1.7.0 ?

Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 08.12.00.png

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

How to fix this error running OCLP 1.7.0 ?

Does it require a password for some reason? What kind of tricks?🤣

Spoiler

image.png.74235a2908b1cb0c7f89fbb848722237.png

• Like 2

Hello, in the past I installed Sequoia beta 3 on a test hdd, today I managed to install OCLP 160n without the errors from the past by patching the AMD Radeon 6850m video card but without 3d acceleration for now, but now the system sees it correctly. For this I installed the latest version of python and command line tools. For me it is progress. In the following days I will also install the latest beta version and I will try again, the rest works without problems, and the installation of Sequoia proceeds smoothly.

L.E. I found issue, OCLP does not install AMDRdeonx3000.kext only AMDRadeonx3000GL.kext, in Sonoma exist, when installing OCLP see this file but in extension folder not.

Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 13.37.02.png

Edited by ovidoi
  • Like 3

If you want to monitor OCLP development, one way is to compare Sequoia-Development to the last official release 1.5.0: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/compare/1.5.0...sequoia-development

Be sure to click "Load More Commits" at the end of the listing (until there are no more commits) to see the latest updates.  There should be no reason to attempt application of patches (which aren't available) until you see them in the commits listing.  If the commit is more recent than the previous nightly build, you'll need to build OCLP yourself to take advantage of the latest commit. ... or wait for a newer OCLP developer build.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AlfredoM said:

According to this latest document from OCLP 1.7.0, things are looking bad with

Based on what we've seen of the OCLP Devs, when they say it's "extremely broken," they are just more motivated to fix it.  I wouldn't say "things are looking bad."

• Like 4