[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

14th gen is a beast. I'm using many i3 with very low cost builds. This is amazing hardware.

https://olarila.com/topic/40715-the-cheapest-hackintosh-you-can-make-without-compromising-on-quality/

At that time I did a lot of x299 with these processors :rofl:

Hello Maldon, I would like to know. Clover doesn't show CPU name I do not know what part I need to fix. Thank you:thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2

Hi guys, I arrived late for the party, but managed to install macOS Sequoia Versão 15.0 beta (24A5320a)

All is well I think ...

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Xcode Build source Update today, New StatusBarApp, New Drop EFI

Applications built entirely in AppleScript Code with a video utilisation

Thanks brother!! Always!!  :thumbsup_anim: 

6 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi guys, I arrived late for the party, but managed to install macOS Sequoia Versão 15.0 beta (24A5320a)

All is well I think ...

Important we still a live !! Hack "online" mode !! 😁

• Like 7

After struggling with the Sequoia beta I have managed to at least upgrade to Sonoma which is progress :) And my son told me this morning that there have been complaints about the new annoying permission policy in Sequoia. Like is described in this article https://tidbits.com/2024/08/12/macos-15-sequoias-excessive-permissions-prompts-will-hurt-security/

Has this also been your experience with the beta so far?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ludox said:

I kindly ask if any of you have macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg for Sequoia can you share it, thanks

Hi, can't you use the Mist app to download it?

It is approximately a 20 minute download, OCLP also has the ability to obtain it as well.

Correction, OCLP only has the previous version as far as I know.

Mist is showing the latest version if I understand your request.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-08-16at22_42_24.png.45c719dd0c8e23f1adc903202814e4b0.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Ludox said:

I kindly ask if any of you have macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg for Sequoia can you share it, thanks

As far as I know - she doesn't necessarily register her account here - Developer .  And you can use it.

• Like 3

@Ludox

I don't have the beta utility. 

@ANTIKO

I can't find the beta utility in the beta software site, maybe it has been retired. 

@eSaF

Ludox wants to "re-enable" the beta feature in Software Update, not working for him in Sequoia. 

Edited by miliuco
Fix typo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

Ludox wants to "re-enable" the beta feature in Software Update, not working for him in Sequoia.

You know, I did have that Beta app but I did a clear out of what I think are obsolete on a drive I put all useful files and tips.

That app was among others I stupidly removed to make space.

Thanks for letting me know the exact reason that particular app was requested.

Wish I could help, I even searched some older Spin-up drives I have lying around hoping to find it but no luck.

Hopefully someone will have a copy and forward it to him.

Just goes to show you shouldn't always discard old for the new. :)

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Ludox said:

NO! :(

Screenshot 2024-08-17 alle 15.12.23.png

I got that error message too at first!

But in just a few seconds, 15.0 Beta 6 did show in System Preferences to download.

(and downloading fine now)

Check on your side, maybe the same happened? 

Edited by Naki
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Ludox said:

Negative... Not 

It seems that Beta section do not appears in your software update.

Do you have a developer account ? Your standard Apple ID can be used as a free Apple developer account. Just go to the Apple Developer website, select download section and connect (without any downloading).

If you want, take a look to mrmachintosh.com website to download Beta 6 in Sequoia installers section or in 
macOS for download tools. Then Install manually Beta 6.

• Like 2

@Ludox has had this issue for a long time ago, I've checked a lot of things with him and can't find an explanation.

EFI folder, macOS settings, iCloud logging status...

I don't know the cause of this problem.

• Like 2

Call me dense or whatever comes to mind. Somehow I don't understand the whole Beta conversation.

Does the difficulty stems from not being able to update to Sequoia from a previous OS install?

Or is it because the update prompt is not offered?

I just don't get it because there are so many ways to get access to the latest Beta 6 release.

I maybe wrong here but if the update prompt is not being offered within a prior OS installation, my thinking is that installation is balked.

On my machine I also have Sonoma on another drive and whenever I boot into Sonoma, I am prompted to up date to Sequoia much to my annoyance at times.

I apologise here and now if I am wrong about the whole premise of the Beta app conversation and honestly don't see where the difficulty lies. :unsure:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@Ludox has had this issue for a long time ago, I've checked a lot of things with him and can't find an explanation.

EFI folder, macOS settings, iCloud logging status...

I don't know the cause of this problem.

Now I am intrigued, Ok so I am going to guess there is no problem with his Apple ID i.e potentially flagged up on the Servers.

He is running or can run other Apple OS versions but not offered Sequoia??!! (That would indeed be strange).

If the above is as stated, then I would look at other variables, possibly trying another or changing Apple ID.

If he has access to a Laptop, try from a different secured location.

• Like 3