2,186 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, maly70 said:

Hi mates,

How to open unknown developper app with macOS Sequoia... thanks a lot

check Privacy & Security in the Settings app, you have to allow it from there

1 hour ago, maly70 said:

Hi mates,

How to open unknown developper app with macOS Sequoia... thanks a lot

Get Sentinel, you can drop an app to unquarantine or install a profile to disable gatekeeper for all.

• Like 3

Hi all, I just want to share something that may help others.

From Sequoia Beta1 I couldn't get the machine to Auto Sleep unless I physically made it do so even though I am using one EFI Folder to boot Sonoma and Sequoia.

In Sonoma Auto Sleep was/is not a problem so I thought as Sequoia was in Beta stage maybe that was the cause Auto Sleep was flaky.

Now we are in Beta5 I thought something is not right so I entered Terminal to find the reason and got 'Sleep Prevented by APSD'.

I searched Google and found that this is an Apple Push Notification Service Domain.

My next step was to find how to turn this off and here it is:- in Terminal you need to enter 'sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.apsd.plist' (without the quotes) and hit enter, it will ask for your P/W, then hit Enter again.

Reboot, clean NvRAM, on reaching Desk Top test Auto Sleep and it should work.

If you need to undo the change and enable the process, in Terminal enter this line:- 'sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.apsd.plist' (without the quotes) and you're done.

Hope this helps someone with the same Sleep problem.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, eSaF said:

From Sequoia Beta1 I couldn't get the machine to Auto Sleep unless I physically made it do so even though I am using one EFI Folder to boot Sonoma and Sequoia.

In Sonoma Auto Sleep was/is not a problem so I thought as Sequoia was in Beta stage maybe that was the cause Auto Sleep was flaky.

Now we are in Beta5 I thought something is not right so I entered Terminal to find the reason and got 'Sleep Prevented by APSD'.

I searched Google and found that this is an Apple Push Notification Service Domain.

My next step was to find how to turn this off and here it is:- in Terminal you need to enter 'sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.apsd.plist' (without the quotes) and hit enter, it will ask for your P/W, then hit Enter again.

If you need to undo the change and enable the process, in Terminal enter this line:- 'sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.apsd.plist' (without the quotes) and you're done.

I had the same problem with sleep since the first beta of Sequoia. But in my case beta 5 solved it: now auto sleep works perfectly without doing any particular tricks. 

Best regards 😏

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Extreme™ said:

I had the same problem with sleep since the first beta of Sequoia. But in my case beta 5 solved it: now auto sleep works perfectly without doing any particular tricks. 

Yea I couldn't figure it out because Sonoma and before, all the previous worked flawless.

So I thought it was Beta related, but in each one the problem would b still there so on finding that fix saved my sanity.

Happy the Beta update solved it for you, unfortunately I had to resort to brute force so to speak.

Over the coming updates I will keep an eye out for any anomalies due to this fix.

If necessary, I will undo the change and probe another direction to solve the problem. 

Thanks for your feedback.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

I think you are right 

I have this problem too

when I unload com.apple.apsd.plist then auto sleep is workin fine

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For the life of me I cannot get my WiFi to connect.

I have attached my EFI for inspection.

Wifi signals are "seen" but i cannot connect to them. I just get a connection failed message.

Using this OCLP

Commit Information:

Branch: refs/heads/sequoia-development

Date: 2024-07-24T16:01:58-06:00

URL: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/commit/fb88795923f99cbd3db916004150784457fa60e0

Acer Aspire A515 10th gen.

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 11.46.32 am.png

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 11.55.18 am.png

EFI.zip

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

For the life of me I cannot get my WiFi to connect.

I have attached my EFI for inspection.

Wifi signals are "seen" but i cannot connect to them. I just get a connection failed message.

Using this OCLP

Commit Information:

Branch: refs/heads/sequoia-development

Date: 2024-07-24T16:01:58-06:00

URL: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/commit/fb88795923f99cbd3db916004150784457fa60e0

Acer Aspire A515 10th gen.

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 11.46.32 am.png

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 11.55.18 am.png

EFI.zip 11.04 MB · 9 downloads

hi have you tried deleting library preferences systemconfiguration and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist and reboot????

By the way your config seems ok with the kexts you have...

does OCLP do the patching for modern wireless???

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 11.12.08.png

Edited by robi62
  • Like 2

Screenshot2024-08-08at8_03_28PM.thumb.jpg.587f95a2cb581407a223ac6798f6672c.jpg

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@HurricaneX Hi, where id this wall?

Cheers.

After the Beta 5 update, the system was booted with this wallpaper.

/System/Library/Desktop Pictures/.wallpapers.

This is a hidden folder

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, strangeron said:

After the Beta 5 update, the system was booted with this wallpaper.

/System/Library/Desktop Pictures/.wallpapers.

This is a hidden folder

Thanks, see post above.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2024 at 9:46 AM, eSaF said:

Mounting the EFI Partition is not the problem.

The Partition is mounted ok, it just does not appear on the Desktop as an icon like before.

Another peculiar thing I just found with this Beta along the same lines, USB Drives are also a no show unless it has a formatted EFI Partition.

I have several USB Storage Drives as well as various OS installers. The USB installers show up when plugged in but the others do not.

I know they are mounted because when removing them without the procedure, the usual popup 'Disk Not Ejected Properly' message is displayed.

I don't know if this is unique to my machine but I am not enjoying this Beta one bit so far which invites another stern Report to Tim Apple. :hysterical:

PS - I have to add although the formatted USB drives do show, the mounted partition of these drive also do not show on the Desk Top.

Hi EsAf, same thing and inconvenient to see the usb

1 minute ago, Alpha22 said:

Hi EsAf, same thing and inconvenient to see the usb

@chris1111 has made an app that makes the process a lot easier, see a few posts back, it’s called Drop-EFI.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, naiclub said:

Hello, EFI file says he doesn't have permission to access this file.

You need to type this first

sudo -i 

Type in root# your password and then 

mkdir /Volumes/efi 

sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk4s1 /Volumes/efi (you need to put diskXsY when the disk is X and the partition is Y)

thanks to @Max.1974

Edited by Alpha22
  • Like 4