[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f91456139a2930075036c8a8c673ea42.png

I imagine that, because im using Clover with OCLP and with OC only 03080000

Its possible many configurations to normal boot, so we need test with OCLP (im not using anymore) just normal macOs system. 

image.png.553b5283fdca65e63d395a81c1308639.png

See with 01523 

• Like 4

@deeveedee

The smile icon I put in your last post was for the “you and me both” joke.

But for the text you added as Edit about bit fields, bit masks, etc. I would need an open mouth icon. Excellent text.

I had not read khronokernel’s article but I found it very interesting.

11 hours ago, Irish_Man said:

I've noticed there is an app in Applications folder called "ImagePlayground.app" but you can see it only if you unhide hidden files. 

I guess that's the app that will enable AI-generated image creation. At least on devices with Apple chip.

You’re right. I didn’t notice it before your post. 
https://www.macrumors.com/2024/06/10/apple-unveils-image-playground-ai/

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, miliuco said:

@cankiulascmnfye

I did edit my post 29 min ago, now it's so:

"Without this value, OCLP refuses to apply root patch. E.g. 67080000 is not valid for OCLP. 

OCLP accepts 67080000 (0x867) to apply root patch. I was wrong."

And a later post:

"I don't have enough knowledge to compare both values in terms of their meaning as bitmask and the values that csrutil can have"

But I understand your post and the idea of 0x803 as a minimum required. And that 0x867 is a higher hex number.

Do you and me both learn one new thing a day or do we not understand the bit mask concept? Or maybe both? (too much both in the text).

Well, while I wrote ny response, you already posted another response in the meantime after testing the bitmask, thats why there's an overlap. Sorry for that.

Side-Note: this is from the latest changes to the OCLP Postinstall doc regarding SIP: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/commit/580fb83b4da6178c96a9c64dae6399342c519a8d

PS: I am going to try to enable Intel Quick Sync Videon on my newly acquired 27" iMac 2011 now which I installed an i7 and an NVIDIA 1100M Card on which I flashed via SSH.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, miliuco said:

@deeveedee

The smile icon I put in your last post was for the “you and me both” joke.

But for the text you added as Edit about bit fields, bit masks, etc. I would need an open mouth icon. Excellent text.

I had not read khronokernel’s article but I found it very interesting.

I'm glad this put a smile on your face!  There are many posts on which I would like to be able to apply two different emojis.  Agree that Khronokernel's article is good reading.  Still learning.  😀

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ANTIKO said:

Good day! My hands do not give me rest)), I decided to completely reinstall Mac os, and I do not understand if the last commit https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/actions/runs/10031514026 does not work in 24A5289h?

Good day Bro, Unfortunately the latest Nightly does not work for me either and a few others.

This one - https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/actions/runs/9783955206 - (before) works perfectly.

Good luck.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, droples said:

2.thumb.png.4b7fdb18fb1470571c88250d876c1680.png

I'm sorry, and what should I have understood from your comment? the same thing that I downloaded.

Снимок экрана 2024-07-22 в 08.11.45.png

@ANTIKO Sorry you're still having a problem, but I suspect there's something amiss in your configuration.

You shouldn't be experiencing that kind of panic with the example I posted for you.

You need to insure you have the correct and latest version OCLP kexts and in the correct order.

The examples posted by @droples is to illustrate that there are two OCLP versions one for Sonoma and the other for Sequoia (still in developement which is ok to use).

You just need to insure all components are the ones for Sequoia if Sequoia is the goal.

Have a look at this attached, this is what I downloaded (same link posted previously)

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-22at17_22_16.thumb.png.f2322c25f0f782dab1484717f9a56854.png

and used, the arrowed indication.

Hope you get it sorted. Good luck.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, eSaF said:

@ANTIKO Sorry you're still having a problem, but I suspect there's something amiss in your configuration.

You shouldn't be experiencing that kind of panic with the example I posted for you.

What am I doing wrong - and what can't I understand)), if it's not difficult, look? Sometimes you need a look from the outside))

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/actions/runs/9783955206

It is after applying the patch after a reboot that a cyclic reboot begins))

EFI.zip

Edited by ANTIKO

@ANTIKO I reviewed your posted EFI and am confused.  What version of macOS are you trying to patch with OCLP 1.6.0 Nightly?

I ask, because your config.plist does not have the updated Acidanthera kexts or the boot-arg -lilubetaall required for Sequoia Beta installation.  Your EFI includes the following kexts (that are not yet updated for Sequoia) 

• AppleALC.kext 1.9.0 (1.9.1 is available here)

• Lilu.kext 1.6.7 (1.6.8 is available here)

• WhateverGreen.kext 1.6.6  (1.6.7 is available here)

If you do not want to upgrade Acidanthera kexts, you should be able to use boot-arg -lilubetaall.

Again, what version of macOS are you trying to patch with OCLP 1.6.0 Nightly?

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, ANTIKO said:

It is after applying the patch after a reboot that a cyclic reboot begins))

Hi Bro, I added -V to the boot-arg of your config.plist so that if you have a panic, you can see where and what is wrong.

Also I don't know if or how much these two will help also added to boot-arg revpatch=sbvmm and -lilubetaall but they are generally used for Beta versions.

I suggest try the attached revised EFI, clean Nvram and see what result you get at boot up then try the same OCLP Nightly version I recommended 

previously and let us know  the result good or bad. Good luck.

BTW - I noticed some of your kexts were out dated (see attached) I took the liberty to update to the latest versions for you.

Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 22.37.39.png

EFI.zip

• Like 4

On 7/2/2024 at 8:29 AM, miliuco said:

@jlrycm

Yes, run these commands but not always fix the issue in Sonoma and Sequoua. 

From OpenCore developers:

Removing badges (This works until macOS 13)

If using RestrictEvents to block PCI and RAM configuration notifications, they will go away, but the alert in the Apple menu will stay. To get rid of this alert, run the following commands:

defaults delete com.apple.SlotNotificationsPref memoryBadgeCount
defaults delete com.apple.SlotNotificationsPref expansionBadgeCount

@miliuco I finally got rid of the alert in sequoia beta by adding the -revbeta boot arg

Edited by jlrycm
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@ANTIKO 

Again, what version of macOS are you trying to patch with OCLP 1.6.0 Nightly?

You could have read a little higher))

12 hours ago, eSaF said:

Hi Bro, I added -V to the boot-arg of your config.plist so that if you have a panic, you can see where and what is wrong.

Also I don't know if or how much these two will help also added to boot-arg revpatch=sbvmm and -lilubetaall but they are generally used for Beta versions.

I suggest try the attached revised EFI, clean Nvram and see what result you get at boot up then try the same OCLP Nightly version I recommended 

previously and let us know  the result good or bad. Good luck.

BTW - I noticed some of your kexts were out dated (see attached) I took the liberty to update to the latest versions for you.

Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 22.37.39.png

EFI.zip 7.26 MB · 0 downloads

I'll try it now - thanks.

6 minutes ago, ANTIKO said:

You could have read a little higher))

I'm sorry for not explaining myself clearly.  I know what macOS version that you posted, but your EFI is not compatible with macOS Sequoia.  I was asking you to confirm your installed version of macOS.  Again, I'm sorry for not explaining my question more clearly.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

@ANTIKOboot-arg -lilubetaall.

Not needed

but your EFI is not compatible with macOS Sequoia

Everything works fine in 24A5289h

• AppleALC.kext 1.9.0 (1.9.1 is available here)

• Lilu.kext 1.6.7 (1.6.8 is available here)

• WhateverGreen.kext 1.6.6  (1.6.7 is available here)

12 hours ago, eSaF said:

BTW - I noticed some of your kexts were out dated (see attached) I took the liberty to update to the latest versions for you

Yes, guys, my inattention is to blame)), thank you very much for your help. Updated the cupcakes - everything is fine now))

but your EFI is not compatible with macOS Sequoia

Everything works fine in 24A5289h

Снимок экрана 2024-07-23 в 03.18.14.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ANTIKO said:

I'll try it now - thanks.

As @deeveedee kindly reminded me of this important fact, if you haven't already, please insure you have the RestrictEvents.kext in the kext folder and config.plist entry also.

12 hours ago, eSaF said:

RestrictEvents.kext in the kext folder and config.plist entry also.

Thanks - but everything works fine without that))

@eSaF Sorry for the confusion.  I was only reminding you, because you added a RestrictEvents boot-arg without adding the kext.  If Antiko does not need the kext, he does not need the boot-arg (and vice-versa).

@ANTIKO I'm more confused now than I was before offering to help you.  How did you install Sequoia with the EFI that you posted here (the EFI that included out-dated kexts that are not compatible with Sequoia).  Maybe this is something new for me to learn?  I was not able to install macOS Sequoia until I upgraded Acidanthera kexts for Sequoia -OR- used -lilubetaall boot-arg (the boot-arg or the updated kexts, not both). 

Was anyone else able to install Sequoia Beta without -lilubetaall boot-arg and with the old kexts that I listed here?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, ANTIKO said:

Thanks - but everything works fine without that))

Are you seeing up all available WIFI connections around you like my example?

These are what my Card is seeing with OCLP in Sequoia not just iPhone Hotspot.

PS From your last pic though WIFI icon is showing on, you have no WIFI possible connection points only iPhone. So from that premise, your connection is incomplete.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-22at23_28_04.thumb.png.4d2d4efb076dddf101deca600ab1c3a6.png

6 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Was anyone else able to install Sequoia Beta without -lilubetaall boot-arg and with the old kexts that I listed here?

I don't know, maybe instead of a clean install as I did on my machine, he upgrade from Sonoma.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

How did you install Sequoia with the EFI that you posted

During installation, some were disabled, but yes, I installed it with this set.

Снимок экрана 2024-07-23 в 15.36.54.png

12 hours ago, eSaF said:

Are you seeing up all available WIFI connections around you like my example?

Yes, it's all right.

12 hours ago, eSaF said:

I don't know, maybe instead of a clean install as I did on my machine, he upgrade from Sonoma.

I was doing a clean install.

3 minutes ago, ANTIKO said:

Yes, it's all right.

I am still confused, but if you say it's all right and you're happy

Then all is well. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2