[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@ismolika It looks like you may be confusing SIP settings after migrating from CLOVER to OC.  In addition to posting your EFI, test with csr-active-config=0x03080000 as has already been recommended to you.

Here is my EFI. If i change it to 0x03080000, i can not boot. Had to revert to 67000000.

config.plist

Edited by ismolika

@ismolika  Read this.  I won't go so far as to say that you got lucky with your SIP setting.  

WARNING: Disabling SIP can break OS functionality such as software updates in macOS 11, Big Sur and newer. Please be careful to only disable specific SIP values instead of disabling SIP outright to avoid these issues.
Enabling CSR_ALLOW_UNAUTHENTICATED_ROOT and CSR_ALLOW_APPLE_INTERNAL are common options that can break OS updates for users
You can choose different values to enable or disable certain flags of SIP. Some useful tools to help you with these are BitmaskDecode (opens new window) and csrstat (opens new window). Common values are as follows (bytes are pre-hex swapped for you, and note that they go under NVRAM -> Add -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> csr-active-config):

00000000 - SIP completely enabled (0x0).
03000000 - Disable kext signing (0x1) and filesystem protections (0x2).
FF030000 - Disable all flags in macOS High Sierra (opens new window) (0x3ff).
FF070000 - Disable all flags in macOS Mojave (opens new window) and in macOS Catalina (opens new window) (0x7ff) as Apple introduced a value for executable policy.
FF0F0000 - Disable all flags in macOS Big Sur (0xfff) which has another new flag for authenticated root

EDIT: @ismolika Also, your config.plist does not include a corresponding "Delete" for NVRAM > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > csr-active-config.  This means that you are REQUIRED to Reset NVRAM every time you change csr-active-config and retest.  If you are testing without Reset NVRAM, your tests are probably inconclusive.  Best to add the corresponding Delete to your config.plist.

Screenshot2024-07-18at10_53_50AM.png.cb4db9746cc95aed25e90ac51c0e1741.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@ismolika  Read this.  I won't go so far as to say that you got lucky with your SIP setting.  

WARNING: Disabling SIP can break OS functionality such as software updates in macOS 11, Big Sur and newer. Please be careful to only disable specific SIP values instead of disabling SIP outright to avoid these issues.
Enabling CSR_ALLOW_UNAUTHENTICATED_ROOT and CSR_ALLOW_APPLE_INTERNAL are common options that can break OS updates for users
You can choose different values to enable or disable certain flags of SIP. Some useful tools to help you with these are BitmaskDecode (opens new window) and csrstat (opens new window). Common values are as follows (bytes are pre-hex swapped for you, and note that they go under NVRAM -> Add -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> csr-active-config):

00000000 - SIP completely enabled (0x0).
03000000 - Disable kext signing (0x1) and filesystem protections (0x2).
FF030000 - Disable all flags in macOS High Sierra (opens new window) (0x3ff).
FF070000 - Disable all flags in macOS Mojave (opens new window) and in macOS Catalina (opens new window) (0x7ff) as Apple introduced a value for executable policy.
FF0F0000 - Disable all flags in macOS Big Sur (0xfff) which has another new flag for authenticated root

EDIT: @ismolika Also, your config.plist does not include a corresponding "Delete" for NVRAM > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > csr-active-config.  This means that you are REQUIRED to Reset NVRAM every time you change csr-active-config and retest.  If you are testing without Reset NVRAM, your tests are probably inconclusive.  Best to add the corresponding Delete to your config.plist.

Screenshot2024-07-18at10_53_50AM.png.cb4db9746cc95aed25e90ac51c0e1741.png

Screw this, lol i give up. status saz disabled, but oclp saz its enabled. i have no clue whats going on. Can live without the fenvi i guess. Thank you for your ehlp :)

17 minutes ago, ismolika said:

Screw this, lol i give up. status saz disabled, but oclp saz its enabled. i have no clue whats going on. Can live without the fenvi i guess. Thank you for your ehlp :)

You are welcome. You're just burnt-out from too many failed attempts. Give it a rest and then read the last few posts in this thread when you are ready to try again.

7 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

You are welcome. You're just burnt-out from too many failed attempts. Give it a rest and then read the last few posts in this thread when you are ready to try again.

Lol so true. I tried using 03080000 one last time, but im getting "bad cpu type in executable" at boot. 

@ismolika - Hi you've been asked a few times by @deeveedee to post your EFI Folder and you haven't.

Whilst a config.plist can be helpful somewhat, the entire EFI Folder gives a far better understanding what the problem could be so that a member can give or suggest a fix.

Hopefully from the config.plist alone someone can spot what is wrong.

PS See attached and in the config.plist change this value to (0) without the enclosed brackets. I think that will take care of the CPU problem.

Good luck.

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 17.15.36.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@ismolika - Hi you've been asked a few times by @deeveedee to post your EFI Folder and you haven't.

Whilst a config.plist can be helpful somewhat, the entire EFI Folder gives a far better understanding what the problem could be so that a member can give or suggest a fix.

Hopefully from the config.plist alone someone can spot what is wrong.

i have tried but can attach efi here. Guess have to do it somewhere else and link it here?

8 minutes ago, ismolika said:

i have tried but can attach efi here. Guess have to do it somewhere else and link it here?

You can post it here if you remove the Resources Folder to reduce the size.

PS - Found other possible error, remove or disable these patches, I don't think they are needed.

What I suggested before should suffice.

I am still going through your config for other improvements that can be made.

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 17.23.03.png

Edited by eSaF

22 hours ago, deeveedee said:

Ok.  I assumed your were working more closely together.  I also assumed that you were posting what you thought should be a fully working config.

@mek21 Always run OpenCore's ocvalidate utility on config.plist when you make changes.  Try using it on the OC config.plist that you posted and see what you find.  Also look at the two USBPort kexts enabled in your config.plist.

@eSaF I am trying to be good.  How am I doing?

EDIT: @mek21 Here's a hint for one of the problems that you'll uncover by using ocvalidate:

Hide contents

Screenshot2024-07-17at2_34_15PM.png.c25baba64b93d9c0d166547580aaf06b.png

How do you spell VoodooPS2Controller.kext?

Thank you for your replies, the kext name was changed intentionally.

• Confused 1

@ismolika - Hi I went through your config.plist and removed all the unnecessary entries and corrected a few for you hoping that it will fix the problem.

I suggest you try this revised config.plist but before you do, please copy your working EFI Folder onto  the EFI Partition on a spare USB as a backup that you can boot from incase of a panic with this config.

Place the revised config.plist into the EFI Folder and at the boot menu clean the Nvram at least twice and see if the situation improves.

Good luck.

config.plist

24 minutes ago, eSaF said:

PS - Found other possible error, remove or disable these patches, I don't think they are needed.

Well after deletng resources folder its still too big. Max size is 10MB allowed here i see. So i dont know how to share the efi.

41 minutes ago, mek21 said:

Thank you for your replies, the kext name was changed intentionally.

That's a new technique for me, but glad you already know about it and I assume your EFI includes a kext named YoodooPS2Controller.kext.  Hard to tell without seeing your full EFI.  That's all I've got.  I hope you figure it out.  

For others trying to follow this issue, it's a good lesson.  When you ask for help, post your full EFI.  If, after compressing the EFI, it's too large to be attached to a post, copy your EFI to a temporary location, delete the OC/Resources, OC/Drivers and OC/Tools folders.  Then compress and attached the abridged EFI zip file.  Asking for help and expecting others to be mind readers is a bit of a stretch.  If you care about your privacy, remove MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID from your config.plist before compressing and uploading.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, ismolika said:

Thank you :)

Here is the link for EFI

Now I understand the difficulty in uploading your EFI.

Do you really need all those kexts, you should remove all the non essentials and then add the ones you really need for the peripherals after.

I have updated and edited the config.plist as I saw fit by removing some unnecessary entries as before.

Try thus revised EFI Folder and see.

efi.zip

• Like 4

@ismolika You're the second person in a day to post a hack config with two USB kexts:

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-18at1_41_13PM.png.12db5b8f6758ef085c40c7baba82c910.png

I admit to being unfamiliar with most USB patching methods.  Are there USB patching kexts that require the use of USBInjectAll and a separate USB mapping kext (in your case, USBMap.kext)?

EDIT: @ismolika Also, I see that you added the NVRAM > Delete for csr-active-config.  You're still setting csr-active-config = 0x67 which is wrong.  Is that what you're still testing with?

EDIT2: @ismolika I am not familiar with USBPower.kext which is enabled in your config.plist and which exists in your OC/Kexts folder.  You also inject SSDT-EC-USBX.aml (ACPI > Add) in your config.plist.  Are you testing multiple USB patching techniques and accidentally leaving multiple methods enabled at the same time?

EDIT3: @ismolika I just read CorpNewt's instructions for USBMap.kext.  USBInjectAll.kext (and other USB kexts) must be disabled.  

Has this EFI worked with macOS versions prior to Sequoia Beta?  If not, I would recommend that you develop a fully working EFI with a released version of macOS (e.g. Sonoma) and then move on to Beta versions of Sequoia.  Just my recommendation and what I would do if I were you.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 4

@ismolika

Without csr-active-config=0308000 (type as Data) you'll not be able to apply OCLP root patch. This is mandatory. I don't know why you don't boot with such value but any other value prevents OCLP to apple the patch.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

smolika You're the second person in a day to post a hack config with two USB kexts:

Glad I am not the only one that notice such a trend.

In editing his EFI I decided not to remove them as I am in the dark why they think having two USB kext files is necessary. :wallbash:

PS - @miliuco I tried my best, I am done for the day editing EFI Folders. :lol:

I will let others have a try hopefully they will do a better job than I. :angel:

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

Hi I still use disable rtc scheduling otherwise my hack has a lot of darkwake from sleep 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

I tried my best, I am done for the day editing EFI Folders. :lol:

You are always very polite and always help everyone. If the Hackintosh scene had more people like you, we wouldn't be where we are. Nowadays the Vanilla Rockets are too much to handle.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@MaLd0n - Maestro I wish I had half your knowledge on formulating SSDT files and EFI Folders for the various systems to more helpful.

Thanks for the kind words, means a lot coming from a person of your standing in the Hack scene, much appreciated. 😍

• Like 5

5 hours ago, deeveedee said:

This has nothing to do with luck! 0x67 still is a valid mask (see 10.12 column). It's just that it won't work for applying root patches. The fact that 0x803 crashes the system might be due  bits 2, 6 and 7 are now missing. Maybe 0x867 yields better results.

Bildschirmfoto2024-07-18um22_11_20.thumb.png.3508979d5d75c62e95071c6426594cc2.png

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@cankiulascmnfye I'm not sure what to say.  Read my statement again?

EDIT: It is clear that 0x67 is from a CLOVER EFI that was attempting to fully disable SIP.  See here for a refresher.  Again, I won't go so far as to say that it is lucky that this same CLOVER bit-pattern works in OC.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Sad 1