[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

On 7/15/2024 at 9:04 PM, robi62 said:

Have you tried config I amended for you ???

Tried the update and if I recall correctly it kenel paniced.

For some reason kernel args have to include cpus=1 with this machine.   Can not run SMCProcessor or it will KP.

Thank you.

On 7/15/2024 at 3:00 PM, deeveedee said:

Just to clarify... your black screen issue happens only with CLOVER 5159, so you do not see the black screen with Open Core?  In other words, your Open Core EFI works fine without black screen, but your CLOVER EFI produces a black screen?

To reply to your inquiry, all betas through public beta 1 typically hang after the password is entered with both clover 5159 and OC101.  Only once, during an upgrade install did the bootup make it past the login to a black screen but not the desktop.

• Like 1

@mek21 I'm thoroughly confused, so I think I'm not the best person to debug your issues, but I'll summarize your posts here in case someone else can diagnose:

1. "Anyone have a fix for black screen after login, no desktop, beta 3 Sequoia?   Is this a graphics issue with 520 spoofed as kabylake?" here
  2. "black screen after login with clover 5159" here (which seemed to imply that the issue was with CLOVER but not OC)
  3. "the black screen after kogin is with clover and opencore does not always boot to login screen. Also sticks at login screen with both." here
  4. "all betas through public beta 1 typically hang after the password is entered with both clover 5159 and OC101.  Only once, during an upgrade install did the bootup make it past the login to a black screen but not the desktop" here

I'm not sure if we're trying to diagnose a black screen or a hang, maybe both.  Do your posted EFIs for both CLOVER and OC work with versions of macOS prior to Sequoia?  If so, what was the last version of macOS that worked without issues using your posted EFIs?  If not, I would recommend debugging your EFIs with a released version of macOS (not Beta).

Edited by deeveedee
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, mek21 said:

Tried the update and if I recall correctly it kenel paniced.

For some reason kernel args have to include cpus=1 with this machine.   Can not run SMCProcessor or it will KP.

Thank you.

To reply to your inquiry, all betas through public beta 1 typically hang after the password is entered with both clover 5159 and OC101.  Only once, during an upgrade install did the bootup make it past the login to a black screen but not the desktop.

That was my config what I meant have you tried your config which I changed dp for your card???

Edited by robi62

17 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@mek21 I'm thoroughly confused, so I think I'm not the best person to debug your issues, but I'll summarize your posts here in case someone else can diagnose:

1. "Anyone have a fix for black screen after login, no desktop, beta 3 Sequoia?   Is this a graphics issue with 520 spoofed as kabylake?" here
  2. "black screen after login with clover 5159" here (which seemed to imply that the issue was with CLOVER but not OC)
  3. "the black screen after kogin is with clover and opencore does not always boot to login screen. Also sticks at login screen with both." here
  4. "all betas through public beta 1 typically hang after the password is entered with both clover 5159 and OC101.  Only once, during an upgrade install did the bootup make it past the login to a black screen but not the desktop" here

I'm not sure if we're trying to diagnose a black screen or a hang, maybe both.  Do your posted EFIs for both CLOVER and OC work with versions of macOS prior to Sequoia?  If so, what was the last version of macOS that worked without issues using your posted EFIs?  If not, I would recommend debugging your EFIs with a released version of macOS (not Beta).

All betas through the recent public beta1 have typically hung after the login, only once did the boot make it past the login screen and then only to a black screen and never to the desktop.  This behavior is with both opencore 101 and clover 5159.

Same HP Skylake/520 laptop, both clover and opencore boot Catalina through Sonoma without exhibiting the post login hang.

It is worth noting that real mac owners have reported this type of experience after upgrading, but none of their proposed fixes that I have tried have resolved the issue.

https://www.cisdem.com/resource/mac-stuck-on-login-screen.html

11 minutes ago, robi62 said:

That was my config what I meant have you tried your config which I changed dp for your card???

Robi62, tried your modified config and if I recall correctly it resulted in KP.

Edited by mek21

@mek21 and @robi62 I think you are probably the most qualified to debug, so I'll offer one observation.  Both or your configs enable two USB port kexts:

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-17at12_52_20PM.png.e1b28c110559c05962d6577a6a1b3c13.png

I haven't used USBPorts.kext (possibly generated by Hackintool) and USBInjectAll at the same time, but this might be something you want to look at during your debugging.

Edited by deeveedee

44 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@mek21 and @robi62 I think you are probably the most qualified to debug, so I'll offer one observation.  Both or your configs enable two USB port kexts:

Hide contents

Screenshot2024-07-17at12_52_20PM.png.e1b28c110559c05962d6577a6a1b3c13.png

I haven't used USBPorts.kext (possibly generated by Hackintool) and USBInjectAll at the same time, but this might be something you want to look at during your debugging.

Hi all I did in config was to change dp on graph card nothing else

49 minutes ago, robi62 said:

Hi all I did in config was to change dp on graph card nothing else

Ok.  I assumed your were working more closely together.  I also assumed that you were posting what you thought should be a fully working config.

@mek21 Always run OpenCore's ocvalidate utility on config.plist when you make changes.  Try using it on the OC config.plist that you posted and see what you find.  Also look at the two USBPort kexts enabled in your config.plist.

@eSaF I am trying to be good.  How am I doing?

EDIT: @mek21 Here's a hint for one of the problems that you'll uncover by using ocvalidate:

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-17at2_34_15PM.png.c25baba64b93d9c0d166547580aaf06b.png

How do you spell VoodooPS2Controller.kext?

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 4

Can anyone able to give me right direction to get this thing solved please. I've disabled SIP( least i think i did, shows disabled when check in terminal) But still cant get OCLP to work. Thank you.image.thumb.png.7ba4b89cde1c1f8b28da3fdc2f85b026.pngimage.thumb.png.3be46632316414b59c002179abb2cd8b.png

47 minutes ago, ismolika said:

Can anyone able to give me right direction to get this thing solved please. I've disabled SIP( least i think i did, shows disabled when check in terminal) But still cant get OCLP to work. Thank you.image.thumb.png.7ba4b89cde1c1f8b28da3fdc2f85b026.pngimage.thumb.png.3be46632316414b59c002179abb2cd8b.png

I think you need enable SIP and if you use Clover, try 0xA87 in RT variable  CsrActiveConfig or use in Opencore csr-active-config 03080000. 

Clover

image.thumb.png.0f92795a657536d53d8dbc81340e4457.png

Opencore 

Captura de Tela 2024-07-17 às 23.11.44.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Max.1974 said:

I think you need enable SIP and if you use Clover, try 0xA87 in RT variable  CsrActiveConfig or use in Opencore csr-active-config 03080000. 

Clover

image.thumb.png.0f92795a657536d53d8dbc81340e4457.png

Opencore 

Captura de Tela 2024-07-17 às 23.11.44.png

Thank you for your reply, After doing what you said, now i have "Unsupported Host OS" holding me back. How do i solve that? Any ideas? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ismolika said:

Thank you for your reply, After doing what you said, now i have "Unsupported Host OS" holding me back. How do i solve that? Any ideas? 

Try follow this and not change anything 

Check if your config.plist is already to receive OCLP patcher. 

Try this version

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/actions/runs/9783955206 

image.png.19fdacef6de5b7a74694202cac3368b2.png

• Like 7

8 hours ago, ismolika said:

Have you tried the solutionI used myself when I had this problem???

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ismolika said:

Hi, Patch went thru but now i cant boot.

Getting "Bad CPU type in execiutable" error.

Did you follow the exact procedure I detailed?

I don't understand, if your install was ok to start with and the only problem was not able to patch with OCLP, then you shouldn't have that boot problem.

Try rebooting the machine and at boot menu clean Nvram twice then see if boot is ok.

If that fails, again boot to boot menu, hit spacebar and choose recovery which will hopefully recover the install leaving your programs in place.

If you are successful with recovery, you need to check your configuration carefully before attempting the OCLP patching again because I suspect something is not quite right.

BTW I have tested Sequoia Recovery and it does work. Ignore the time stamp displayed during recovery, it doesn't take that long.

A good practice directly after an Apple OS install is to do an OTA health check on the volumes in Disk Utility/First Aid, it will show any anomalies within the install.

Good luck.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Did you follow the exact procedure I detailed?

I don't understand, if your install was ok to start with and the only problem was not able to patch with OCLP, then you shouldn't have that boot problem.

Try rebooting the machine and at boot menu clean Nvram twice then see if boot is ok.

If that fails, again boot to boot menu, hit spacebar and choose recovery which will hopefully recover the install leaving your programs in place.

If you are successful with recovery, you need to check your configuration carefully before attempting the OCLP patching again because I suspect something is not quite right.

BTW I have tested Sequoia Recovery and it does work. Ignore the time stamp displayed during recovery, it doesn't take that long.

A good practice directly after an Apple OS install is to do an OTA health check on the volumes in Disk Utility/First Aid, it will show any anomalies within the install.

Good luck.

I was able to boot with time machine, but now iam back to same "sip enabled" error. O well not going to worry about the wifi card i guess. I think i have some issues in my config list anyways. Since been a noob at this more i dig more i break, lol.

8 minutes ago, ismolika said:

I was able to boot with time machine, but now iam back to same "sip enabled" error.

Bro you need to disable SIP before patching, that is what it is telling you.

After disabling SIP, reboot, clean Nvram then patch. Simply as that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Bro you need to disable SIP before patching, that is what it is telling you.

After disabling SIP, reboot, clean Nvram then patch. Simply as that.

I did disable it , but stil getting same error.

14 minutes ago, ismolika said:

I did disable it , but stil getting same error.

Maybe the entry you’re using to disable SIP is not correct.

@ismolika Have you posted your current EFI (with config.plist) anywhere for public review?  Also, there is some conflicting / confusing info in this thread.  When csr-active-config = 0x0, SIP is fully ENABLED.  If you're still struggling with this, post your EFI when you ask for help.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@ismolika Have you posted your current EFI (with config.plist) anywhere for public review?  Also, there is some conflicting / confusing info in this thread.  When csr-active-config = 0x0, SIP is fully ENABLED.  If you're still struggling with this, post your EFI when you ask for help.

Hi, my csr-active-config is set to 67000000. I will try to post my EFI. Thank you.

@ismolika It looks like you may be confusing SIP settings after migrating from CLOVER to OC.  In addition to posting your EFI, test with csr-active-config=0x03080000 as has already been recommended to you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

hi do you know if any version for sequoia have the Haswell patch included 

the one I use has not so cannot apply wireless coz it has errors

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 16.27.06.png

• Sad 1