[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, CloverLeaf said:

The i7-9900K :D 

:( Good point! It's a typo but I don't know since when is it like this. Fixed. Thanks.

From what I've seen so far, nothing broken that worked in the first beta 3.

Xcode 16 beta 3 seems to work fine.

Edited by miliuco
Fixed typo
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

That does seem plausible and even likely. Funny that it appeared as a  new upgrade in the Developer channel. Thanks for the clarification.

mek21, responding to your inquiry, the black screen after kogin is with clover and opencore does not always boot to login screen. Also sticks at login screen with both.

25 minutes ago, mek21 said:

mek21, responding to your inquiry, the black screen after kogin is with clover and opencore does not always boot to login screen. Also sticks at login screen with both.

Have you tried config I amended for you ???

I am using one EFI Folder that boots Ventura, Sonoma and Sequoia.

In Sonoma 'Hand Off' to iPhone Camera work in both USB and wireless no problem.

In Sequoia it works only when connected by USB, whenever I try connecting wireless, it completely locks up the p/c.

The whole machine freezes and only recovers from a hard reset.

For clarification is anyone experiencing the same problem?

As I mentioned both Sonoma and now Sequoia are patched with the same OCLP 1.6.0 nightly version, perfect in Sonoma.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

sorry doesn't  show on mobile  what wifi card are you using?? I take it that for handoff must be a Broadcom based card???

@Craig Hazan Do I understand correctly that NootedRed enables the AMD iGPU in macOS?  I don't want to get off-topic here, but I am curious about how well it works.  Do you have a suggested thread where I can go to learn more?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@Craig Hazan Do I understand correctly that NootedRed enables the AMD iGPU in macOS?  I don't want to get off-topic here, but I am curious about how well it works.  Do you have a suggested thread where I can go to learn more?

@deeveedee That is correct, you can get full graphics acceleration with an AMD APU. In BIOS you set the amount of VRAM for the APU dependent on how much physical RAM you have installed, I have 32 GB installed so 16 GB can be set to VRAM. Link to NootedRed below.

https://github.com/ChefKissInc/NootedRed

• Like 6

Trying to find out the reason why I can use the 'Hand Off' to iPhone Camera feature in Sonoma wirelessly as well as in USB connection and only USB connection in Sequoia.

I did a fresh install of Sequoia Public release on a test disk just to eliminate any other probabilities then applied OCLP 1.6.0.

The result was exactly as I first described, USB connection enables Hand Off to iPhone Camera works just fine, wireless locks up the machine.

My conclusion is the fact that OCLP had to be rehashed for Sequoia by the Devs, there is a missing component (my interpretation) and hopefully will be corrected by the next OCLP release.

As it stands, it is not a big deal, it was just an itch that I had to relieve.

• Like 5

@eSaF

The same thing happens to me but with a big difference: system does not freeze but simply does not connect via Wi-Fi, it does nothing.

Arcana of technology :)

• Haha 2

On 7/15/2024 at 7:03 PM, mek21 said:

Here are the configs for both clover and opencore, black screen after login with clover 5159

clover5159_config.plist 27.28 kB · 1 download opencore101_config.plist 38.98 kB · 5 downloads

Though shall not rename Embedded Controllers!

Though shall use PROPER ACPI tables!

Though shall incorporate enable-backlight-registers-alternative-fix

5 hours ago, Craig Hazan said:

Updated both my NootedRed builds, 4700G and 5700U, to Sequoia Public Beta.

gggimage.png.b3f85a8f7dc2e13d4512dbc61e7cedc5.pngimage.png.b6f7cdde3681f563951145866c51d40a.png

Nice. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 5 with an AMD Ryzen 7730U CPU. I am thinking about turning it into a hackintosh. But I am not sure if NootedRed works with it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

Trying to find out the reason why I can use the 'Hand Off' to iPhone Camera feature in Sonoma wirelessly as well as in USB connection and only USB connection in Sequoia.

I did a fresh install of Sequoia Public release on a test disk just to eliminate any other probabilities then applied OCLP 1.6.0.

The result was exactly as I first described, USB connection enables Hand Off to iPhone Camera works just fine, wireless locks up the machine.

My conclusion is the fact that OCLP had to be rehashed for Sequoia by the Devs, there is a missing component (my interpretation) and hopefully will be corrected by the next OCLP release.

As it stands, it is not a big deal, it was just an itch that I had to relieve.

50 minutes ago, miliuco said:

The same thing happens to me but with a big difference: system does not freeze but simply does not connect via Wi-Fi, it does nothing.

Arcana of technology :)

You guys talking about FaceTime or Hand Off, where you open an app on your iPhone and you can continue with it on your Hack?

Asking because for me Hand Off is working for all apps but Camera. When I open it on iPhone it doesn't even shows up in the dock. Usb connected or not camera doesn't shows up.

FaceTime works when it's USB connected only.

26 minutes ago, Irish_Man said:

FaceTime works when it's USB connected only.

FaceTime works on my Web Cam in Sonoma, then I can 'Hand Off' to my iPhone Camera in WhatsApp, Photo Booth and Quick Time wirelessly and USB.

In Sequoia 'Hand Off' to iPhone Camera only work in all the above mentioned apps in USB connection only not wirelessly like Sonoma.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Nice. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 5 with an AMD Ryzen 7730U CPU. I am thinking about turning it into a hackintosh. But I am not sure if NootedRed works with it

you should be fine, screenshot from the NootedRed site.

IMG_0583.jpeg

• Like 2