[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, cymb said:

Hello everyone.

I try every build Nightly,and I get same error.Maybe because Haswell is not yet supported?Untitled.rtf

This errors is issue because folders with 24 does not exist in kdk or oclp, i folow the path and rename every folder may request and then oclp instal witout error, but when reboot sequoia instead apple logo system frezee or one second apear cursor mouse and then enter in loop text mode.

• Like 4

@MaLd0n my brother, I have been fine tune with your help,  and like @miliuco said in another forum ( (VT-d problemas in macOs) , its necessary uncheck DisableIOMapper in Quirks > Kernel > (im using Clover) 

I set Extreme my BIOS and for now not have panic restart with Xcode. 

Like you said, i set only XPM and boot-args -ctrsmt 

Im tested on Sonoma first with OCLP working fine too. I will test on Sequoia. 

image.thumb.png.771f489140101ddd8e2306c150126e95.png

image.png.cf9a5b994391073267c50592131b8388.png

• Like 6

These posted benchmarks make me appreciate the incredible performance (at low power) of the Apple Silicon M3:

GeekBench 6 Benchmarks: MacBookPro Apple M3 Max

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-13at8_29_53PM.png.a970405d8e4824e1002d95090c01959e.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 6

@MaLd0n You're preaching to the choir! My budget for my last hack was under $200 USD.

Correction: My total cost for my last hack was $216USD.  See here.  For $216, it is a killer hack.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 7/13/2024 at 9:12 AM, ovidoi said:

Hello people, I've been struggling to install oclp 160 nightly for a week
and I'm getting this error below in Sequoia beta 2 and beta 3. I followed the path I know what's going
on and the folders with the number 10.xx.xx-24 are not found, I tried to rename
from 23 to 24 oclp install but the system freezes when composing the screen,
please help me because I don't know what else to do, thank you.

L.E. i try diferrent smbios MBP 8.3 to MBP 16.4 is same issue.

Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 09.36.06.png

Whar exactly makes you believe that OCLP is ready to patch Seqouai yet?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Whar exactly makes you believe that OCLP is ready to patch Seqouai yet?

Need only patch AMD Terrascale 2, not see in picture? In Sonoma working good video acceleration, not any issue.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ovidoi said:

Need only patch AMD Terrascale 2, not see in picture? In Sonoma working good video acceleration, not any issue.

Others "only" need Wifi patches. Just becasue one "only" needs a "small" patch doesn't mean that no adjustments to the patcher have to be made to use it. So, I guess you have to wait.

BTW: Terascale 2 has issues like graphics glitches on websites and stuff, no Metal support, etc.. I know because I have an actual 2010 iMac with a Terascale 2 card.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Others "only" need Wifi patches. Just becasue one "only" needs a "small" patch doesn't mean that no adjustments to the patcher have to be made to use it. So, I guess you have to wait.

BTW: Terascale 2 has issues like graphics glitches on websites and stuff, no Metal support, etc.. I know because I have an actual 2010 iMac with a Terascale 2 card.

Yes, i know to be wait, i expose this error and maybee how to fix, "maybee fixed" in beta, in Sonoma with oclp 150 and clover bootloader doesn't have issue with amd acceleration, no need metal api, opengl is good, i play Metro Last Light Redux verry good.

Edited by ovidoi

On 7/13/2024 at 12:03 PM, kaoskinkae said:

image.thumb.png.c2a03e512b778b7eec7eb408ca950b3a.png

image.thumb.png.d7bfd09e75e809daf53d4ac4d7f04013.png

As per your pic, AMFIPass.kext is 1.3.1, latest is 1.4.1. 
1.3.1 needs -amfipassbeta in boot args. 
1.4.1 does not. 
IOSkyWalkFamily.kext must be 1.4.1 1.1.0. 
Recheck these items. 

Edited by miliuco
Tixed typo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, miliuco said:

IOSkyWalkFamily.kext must be 1.4.1.

Is this correct Bro? 

If it is please list the place to get it as I thought mine is all up to date.

Cheers.

On 7/14/2024 at 2:59 PM, eSaF said:

Is this correct Bro? 

If it is please list the place to get it as I thought mine is all up to date.

Cheers.

I thnk  he is talking about Amfipass which is at version 1.4.1

There's no IOSkywalk v1.4.1

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

I thnk  he is talking about Amfipass which is at version 1.4.1

There's no IOSkywalk v.14.1

Thanks, I thought just as much!!!

• Like 1

@deeveedee in Brazil all Brazilians suffer from prices, and throughout our history, we have always been targets of corruption and poor management, and the mind of some Brazilians, unlike the majority around the world, is always to fight for increasingly lower prices of essential products, but Brazilian's not do it.. Cars and electronics in Brazil are excessively expensive, that's why I imported my video card, as in the USA it costs on average USD $800.00. In Brazil I would pay at least 4 times more. $USD 3,200.00. Abusive, and here a MacBook, like @MaLd0n said, is triple the price and doesn't even have a keyboard in Portuguese. My nephew brought my macbook air to me from Portugal. If I lived in the USA, Hackintosh would probably be the option just for fun. Hugs!

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 6

@Max.1974 In my family, we call the dilemma that you and @MaLd0n describe a "high class problem."  It's like saying, "the Rolls Royce was too expensive, so I bought a Bentley instead."

I only paid $216 for my last hack, because that's what my budget allowed me to spend.  If money were truly the issue, there are definitely cheaper ways to purchase a hack than buying the latest Radeon dGPU and the fastest Intel CPU with maximum memory and fastest M.2 NVMe SSDs.

But I digress... my original post had nothing to do with cost (but I do appreciate the cost argument).  I was merely saying that I'm impressed with the performance of the M3 Max vs the other benchmarks posted here.

The total power consumption of the MacBookPro 2023 with Apple Silicon M3 Max is less than 100W (and it's a laptop, so that includes the display).  It performs well against the 13th Gen Intel and fastest Radeon dGPU at a fraction of the power consumption / heat dissipation.  

Maybe we should add electricity cost and the added air conditioning cost to the equation.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, miliuco said:

Según la imagen, AMFIPass.kext es 1.3.1, la última versión es 1.4.1. 
1.3.1 necesita -amfipassbeta en los argumentos de arranque. 
1.4.1 no. 
IOSkyWalkFamily.kext debe ser 1.4.1. 
Vuelva a verificar estos elementos. 

The version is only informative since I used the auxiliary tool before but the kexts are correct. I have tried a Hasweel imac19.1 on the other computer with the same result. This is the 4th time I have tried everything. I will wait for the official version.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@eSaF @kaoskinkae  @cankiulascmnfye

Lo sentimos, es un error tipográfico, IOSkyWalkFamiliy.kext 1.1.0.

De hecho, AMFIPass.kext 1.4.1.

I will try again the 5th time I will add the Boot args: -lilubetaall

image.thumb.png.c44c3eb982ea71febe69ddc0856006bc.png

I will also try the MinKernel and MaxKernel theme

image.thumb.jpeg.03234ad40ea4eff2fc43ac17a4462024.jpeg

Edited by kaoskinkae
  • Like 1

Anyone have a fix for black screen after login, no desktop, beta 3 Sequoia?   Is this a graphics issue with 520 spoofed as kabylake?

3 minutes ago, CloverLeaf said:

Or share your config so we can help.

Sharing configs and EFIs is overrated.  @mek21 after you solve your blackscreen issue, I've got a problem with my car.  It doesn't start.  I'd be interested in your suggested fix.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Sharing configs and EFIs is overrated.

Not necessarily so, I think it gives a little more information if accompanied by the description of the problem.

You know, in my early days of joining IM, I was afraid of making suggestions because of negative and sometimes sarcastic posts (I am sure I am not alone).

I did voice this fear of mine which for sometime caused such posts to cease but it seems the behavior is creeping back in.

I am sorry I don't mean to start  a flame war with anyone but like we are constantly reminded, lets treat each other with respect, after all we are all here with a common interest, to help and learn from each other.

• Like 6