[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Anto65 said:

After letting it slide thanks to @strangeron finalized the update

Coincidence. I was listening to Scorpions. I forgot the time in "Still loving you". I saw that the update is finished.😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

The update does not appear on my Lenovo...🥲

Capturadepantalla2024-07-10alas23_05_32.thumb.png.30fe7bcb77269f30ed389916e5e4fb94.png

Could it be because the system is patched with OCLP for wifi?

Mine was also patched but saw the update.

I removed the WiFi patch before updating, just trying to figure out now if the WiFi patch needs updating before re-applying it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Anto65 said:

After letting it slide thanks to @strangeron finalized the update

Yes Bro, the length of that reboot also threw me off until the advice from our friend @strangeron.

5 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

I removed the WiFi patch before updating, just trying to figure out now if the WiFi patch needs updating before re-applying it.

No, do not re-patch before applying the update or you'll be offered the larger 15gb or so update.

After the update reapply the patch.

• Like 9

old git a bit late to the party. updates only came up today on my Z690 hack took three attempts. seemed to take ages to reboot from installer to boot drive. got there in the end

image.png.862738d1043baa6da432f97ab1a6c8e3.png

Edited by BALDY_MAN
  • Like 7

30 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Yes Bro, the length of that reboot also threw me off until the advice from our friend @strangeron.

Maybe we should also listen to some music during the update, it would help us impatient old people :hysterical:

I jealously guard the original Scorpions Acoustica (Live in Lisboa) DVD... excellent choice @strangeron  👍

Reapplied OCLP and it seems to be working... that's all for today, night people 👋

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Anto65 said:

Maybe we should also listen to some music during the update, it would help us impatient old people :hysterical:

I jealously guard the original Scorpions Acoustica (Live in Lisboa) DVD... excellent choice @strangeron  👍

Reapplied OCLP and it seems to be working... that's all for today, night people 👋

Was doing my flat work. but keeping an eye on the hack. (multi tasking lol)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My Acer laptop just died and I have a Lenovo that I’ve installed macOS on but the Broadcom wifi card is not detected. Does Lenovo have a white or blacklist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updated with no issues. Enabled RestrictEvents and added revpatch=sbvmm to boot args, incremental update (no OCLP), OpenCore 1.0.0, iMac20,2 SMBIOS, SecureBootModel=x86legacy.

@SavageAUS

Your pic/s are a weird code, it has hapenned in the past too. I think it's Tapatalk.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Updated with no issues. Enabled RestrictEvents and added revpatch=sbvmm to boot args, incremental update (no OCLP), OpenCore 1.0.0, iMac20,2 SMBIOS, SecureBootModel=x86legacy.

@SavageAUS

Your pic/s are a weird code, it has hapenned in the past too. I think it's Tapatalk.

If there is no OCLP, there is no need for commands and kext. :)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@SavageAUS

Yeah I don't know what the deal is with tapatalk lately.

I have signed out and back in to see if that helped but it did not.

I have now uninstalled, rebooted and will reinstall it later and try again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turko35408 said:

If there is no OCLP, there is no need for commands and kext. :)

Not sure I understand - which commands and kext?  Just to clarify, my hack with SMBIOS macMini8,1 needs RestrictEvents.kext with revpatch=sbvmm in order to detect available Sonoma and Sequoia macOS upgrades.  I do not use OCLP on this hack.

• Like 1