[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

Here you are, try this EFI Folder and let us know one way or the other.

I have removed all unwanted entries from the config.plist pertaining to your SMBIOS.

Also updated OC and kexts, had to add some most important kexts to the kext folder so I hope the problem will be solved with this EFI.

Good luck.

EFI.zip 8.79 MB · 14 downloads

No Go, still stuck at Less than a minute remaining...

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, maly70 said:

No Go, still stuck at Less than a minute remaining...

How Long Are You Waiting?

On My Mac Mini It Did The Same Thing

But The HDD In It Is A  5400RPM,

Slow As A Wet Wig

I Think I Waited Around 1/2 Hour

Then It Finally Finished

Just now, STLVNUB said:

How Long Are You Waiting?

On My Mac Mini It Did The Same Thing

But The HDD In It Is A  5400RPM,

Slow As A Wet Wig

I Think I Waited Around 1/2 Hour

Then It Finally Finished

I waited one day and another over night then I waited for another 24 hrs and now I waited 3 hrs after I got EFI from eSaF

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, maly70 said:

I waited one day and another over night then I waited for another 24 hrs and now I waited 3 hrs after I got EFI from eSaF

Ok, please remind us which Motherboard is it the Gigabyte Z490 you're trying to install on?

According to your answer, I will try and rebuild the EFI for you.

Also I am hoping your BIOS settings are correct to install macOS.

PS - List the specs i.e CPU, Graphics etc.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

I'm Trying To Install macOS Sequoia On My iMac But It

Doesn't Even Get To The Installer It Just Sits At The loading

Screen And Does Nothing

Am I Doing Something Wrong?

10 minutes ago, maly70 said:

Ok, Must Be Something Else Then

2 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

Am I Doing Something Wrong?

AMFIPass.kext in kext folder and revpatch=sbvmm in the boot-args usually does the trick

after a reboot and clean Nvram.

49 minutes ago, eSaF said:

AMFIPass.kext in kext folder and revpatch=sbvmm in the boot-args usually does the trick

after a reboot and clean Nvram.

i'm using oclp on my iMac

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

i'm using oclp on my iMac

Yea I gathered that, so am I and for the moment that boot-arg and the kext are permanently in my system.

Whenever there is an update for both Sonoma or Sequoia, all I need to do is revert OCLP patching, reboot and Incremental updates are available.

If you don't revert the patches, then the larger update file is offered instead of the smaller update.

PS - I guess you also have the RestricEvents.kext in the kext folder which helps.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 8:36 AM, D-an-W said:

Thanks!

Is it enough to set the max kernel to 23.9.9 as with AMFIPass.kext to prevent it loading (Testing now)?

EDIT: Disabling AppleIGC does fix the panic but leaves me without an internet connection as Wi-Fi patching is not currently supported. 

Any tips on getting Ethernet back up and running please?

EDIT: I now have Ethernet running ok without AppleIGC in Ventura but when rebooting to Sequoia using the same OC & Config it doesn't find the network adapter.

Did you finally resolve this? I got the same - disabling AppleIGC stops the k.p. on shutdown but I have no ethernet now. Ethernet doesn't work on Sonoma either btw. My wifi is fine with the latest OCLP 1.6 though.

EDIT: IGC kext ver 1.5 fixed it :)

OCAT makes you lazy with kext updates - I needed to manually check the ones that never get updated from the repository.

Edited by surfinchina
Solved
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, eSaF said:

Yea I gathered that, so am I and for the moment that boot-arg and the kext are permanently in my system.

Whenever there is an update for both Sonoma or Sequoia, all I need to do is revert OCLP patching, reboot and Incremental updates are available.

If you don't revert the patches, then the larger update file is offered instead of the smaller update.

PS - I guess you also have the RestricEvents.kext in the kext folder which helps.

have whatever oclp puts in there

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, STLVNUB said:

Ok and I dare say in the correct order plus OCLP does not place the RestrictEvent.kexts in the folder.

But by your premise, it seems you've exhausted all possible avenues.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Ok and I dare say in the correct order plus OCLP does not place the RestrictEvent.kexts in the folder.

But by your premise, it seems you've exhausted all possible avenues.

Doesn,t Worry Me, I'd Say The Release Version SHOULD Be Fine, But I'm Happy With Sonoma Either Way

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

Doesn,t Worry Me, I'd Say The Release Version SHOULD Be Fine, But I'm Happy With Sonoma Either Way

:thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Maybe I'm confused?  OCLP doesn't "put in there" on our hacks.  Those of us using OCLP on hacks (not real Macs) need to manually create our EFIs (complete with required boot-args and kexts).  OCLP on hacks is used only to apply post-install patches (which are framework patches to macOS and not EFI-related).

EDIT: Note that I do use OCLP to generate an Open Core EFI for my selected SMBIOS model, but that OCLP-generated EFI is useful only as a reference and is not to be used as-is for hacks that are not real Macs.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, maly70 said:

Add -x boot-arg. I bet is a VGA initialization problem. Try it, and if u arrive at log-in screen, you done. After remove -x.

• Like 1

I Actually Haven't Seen The EFI That OCLP Uses,

I'm Assuming It Must Put Something There

I'll Check It Out Now

• Like 1

Something strange is happening on my machine with this update. At the first reboot, verbose text is continuously running without rebooting.

Done nothing different from last update.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3

Smooth update to Sequoia Beta 3 on my HackMini8,1

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-10at2_54_23PM.png.96f29d9731c3717e4d157b84bbfef4c3.png

EDIT: My configuration details are here.

EDIT2: I was notified about the Sequoia Beta 3 update despite this warning about my Apple Account not being enrolled in the beta program.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-10at4_11_52PM.png.e59d5fa1ea0156c98ac3550e148b4c05.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 7

38 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Something strange is happening on my machine with this update. At the first reboot, verbose text is continuously running without rebooting.

Done nothing different from last update.

Let it continue. Wait. And happy ending😆

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, surfinchina said:

Did you finally resolve this? I got the same - disabling AppleIGC stops the k.p. on shutdown but I have no ethernet now. Ethernet doesn't work on Sonoma either btw. My wifi is fine with the latest OCLP 1.6 though.

EDIT: IGC kext ver 1.5 fixed it :)

OCAT makes you lazy with kext updates - I needed to manually check the ones that never get updated from the repository.

Sorry for not responding, I have been away. Glad you sorted it.

I unable to disable Gatekeeper using this command sudo spctl --master-disable on macOS Sequoia beta 3

This operation is no longer supported. To disable the assessment subsystem,

please use configuration profiles

Screenshot2024-07-10at10_17_54PM.png.e048a1d45730571942c37043da29afd1.png

apple mentioned new feature for System Integrity Protection

how to use configuration profiles to disable Gatekeeper to anywhere

Screenshot2024-07-10at10_18_52PM.png.68f24b02ce3b24e45bb0b3cfead49242.png

• Like 2