[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

@miliuco - You guys I admire your spirit,  you're the type that see the 'Wet Paint' sign on the park bench

but decides to sit down regardless. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

Understandably, something that is not there cannot be loaded. The directory 14.5/System/Library/CoreServices/WiFiAgent.app is not yet present in the Universal-Binaries.dmg.

Adding this resource ensures that the patcher runs through and after a reboot, the WiFi icon in the menu bar is no longer grayed out after a successful connection and the available networks are displayed, but no settings can be made via the system settings app. There's a problem with Wi-Fi system settings app extension (Wi-Fi.appex). I think this all is amfi related.

Also, nothing is displayed in the system information under WiFi. So a little patience is still required.

Edited by badbrain
  • Like 5

If the patcher ran without adding the above mentioned resource to Universal-Binaries.dmg without an error message, then you definitely did not use the latest available build from the sequoia development branch 

Edited by badbrain
  • Like 5

On 6/24/2024 at 7:16 PM, CloverLeaf said:

I am still fighting with the touchpad and brightness keys of my Dell 7400. @chris1111 was that you with the touchscreen fixed on your laptop ? If so , please let me know how. Anybody willing to help will be deeply appreciated!

Here's my EFI - Dell 7400 Sequoia OC 1.0.1

I managed to fix the HDMI output + audio by correcting the DP section. Bluetooth is fixed with the IntelBTPatcher provided a few pages back. Sleep works with no issues. Also USB-C to HDMI and USB-C to Ethernet both work fantastic.

Hi for touch pad to work you need latest voodoo input kext My brightness works  when I added ssd pnlf which I have that you have already on your efi

This is voodoo input kext

VoodooInput.kext.zip

Edited by robi62
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, miliuco said:

@nyu1985

I think it's not needing since Monterey. Do you have an option to enable beta updates in Software Update?

Betaupdates.thumb.png.5c81d1b5187558454eca2e7a248d5b95.png

I have only Sonoma developer beta and not Sequoia

Edit : I don't know why but my account wasn't logged in. It is ok now

Edited by nyu1985
  • Like 2

Hi @all,

Juste a little
reminder (yeah again  :tomato:).

I saw comments saying that the OC forum banned IM from the credits, others adding fuel to the fire (only out of animosity), others going into different off-topics and this of course at each new release of macOS.

Of course, IM is only responsible for its own site and we do our best to preserve the credits of everyone involved in the development of hackintosh-related tools. And we have no problem with the OC forum.

I mean, everyone has their own opinion (sometimes intentionally wrong) but that's the trend today. All we ask is that you respect yourself in first and when that is done you will be able to respect others and preserve this free and open (and fun) place for discussion.

Thank you for your understanding.

BR

fantomas

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, HurricaneX said:

macOS Sequioa Beta 2 Update Successfully

Hey,guys,how to modify the PCI list?I dont hv any PCI info on my OC config,so how to modify the PCI devices info ?Thanks

WeixinImage_20240626113807.thumb.jpg.a7dd2e430ae9585dcae99c9662f270b8.jpg

hi use Hackintool and export pcie.plist then add them to oc

Edited by robi62
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, robi62 said:

Hi for touch pad to work you need latest voodoo input kext My brightness works  when I added ssd pnlf which I have that you have already on your efi

This is voodoo input kext

VoodooInput.kext.zip 24.08 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you Robi, I managed to fix the touchpad and touchscreen yesterday. I had to do a few changes for PS2.

As for the brightness - my keys are mapped correctly and I do see the graph changing but the brightness stays the same. The first 3 squares from the graph only change the brightness a little bit and I don't have the full range + smooth transition. I have PNLF in place, it was working great in Sonoma. Sequoia requires something else that I don't fully understand. Anybody who can narrow me into the right direction is deeply appreciated.

Edited by CloverLeaf
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, HurricaneX said:

@chris1111Hello,Any tutorial of how to add Sequioa icns to the OC theme pls?Thanks in advance!

WeixinImage_20240626113813.thumb.png.50e9d8edc5d211edc3dc46a306328fa8.png

The icons you are using is updated for macOS 15 on GitHub 

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, badbrain said:

If the patcher ran without adding the above mentioned resource to Universal-Binaries.dmg without an error message, then you definitely did not use the latest available build from the sequoia development branch 

Hi my friend, yes im using patcher correctly last build, and tested on first Sequoia beta, but even using new kexts from Italian forum and many people here, to me I got errors now. New install fresh occurs issues.

Im update to MacPro 7,1 to see and wanting the solutions from coders !!

Thanks!! 😉 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi my friend, I have Model I guess extracted from Hackintool Information, and I know that works like 99% native. 

Broadcom BCM_20702A0

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-25 at 19.08.54.jpeg

Thanks, i ordered the new Orico with the same your chipset, hope it ok again

• Like 1

When I install macOS Beta versions, I disable Analytics reporting (System Settings > Private & Security > Analytics & Improvements).  

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-06-26at5_06_20PM.png.26476fc7883c676a1e541a32d5882fe6.png

Just curious ... is there anyone who has a strong feeling one way or the other about whether these analytics should be enabled or disabled for our hacks?

12 hours ago, eSaF said:

@miliuco - You guys I admire your spirit,  you're the type that see the 'Wet Paint' sign on the park bench

but decides to sit down regardless. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

There are several reasons why one wears Depends.  I wear them so I can sit on freshly painted park benches.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Just curious ... is there anyone who has a strong feeling one way or the other about whether these analytics should be enabled or disabled for our hacks?

Personally I never enable, my thinking is why give more info to make the OS more difficult to install on my Hack. :wink_anim:

But like I said that is my preference.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, lorys89 said:

Is it safe to re enable the kexts for "modern wifi" that were created for Sonoma on Sequoia?

I have the max kernel set so they only load up to Sonoma, maybe that is why the patcher is not working for people?
I have not tried the artifacts patchers as of yet, wanted to to check if we can / need to use the kexts from Sonoma first (ioskywalk etc) 

• Like 1

@SavageAUS

I've tried without MaxKernel, the right kexts and the nightly OCLP sequoia branch. It barely works. macOS connect with wifi if it's in your saved wifi networks list but there are severe issues with Preview and other apps. 
Don't load modern wifi kexts if root patch is not going to be applied. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Is it safe to re enable the kexts for "modern wifi" that were created for Sonoma on Sequoia?

I have the max kernel set so they only load up to Sonoma, maybe that is why the patcher is not working for people?
I have not tried the artifacts patchers as of yet, wanted to to check if we can / need to use the kexts from Sonoma first (ioskywalk etc) 

5 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

The kexts required for modern and legacy wifi are still the same than the once required previously. As far as I am aware, these were lifted from previous versions of macOS that contain the necessary code/settings so that the older cards work. My guess is that they can be loaded with -lilubetaall. Unfortunately, something seems to be wrong with the mainboard of my old Lenovo T530 Laptop so that neither my "modern" Broadcom nor the Intel card I have are recognized any longer, so I can't test it.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

My guess is that they can be loaded with -lilubetaall.

To the best of my knowledge, boot-arg -lilubetaall applies only to Lilu.kext and Lilu-dependent kexts/plug-ins (AppleALC, WhateverGreen, etc).  I don't think -lilubetaall boot-arg affects loading the Wi-Fi framework kexts that have been extracted from earlier versions of macOS.  Read more here.

EDIT: Control loading / non-loading of Wi-Fi framework kexts with Open Core's MinKernel / MaxKernel in config.plist.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

For me, only khronokernel's build of OCLP will let me attempt to install root patches.  However, it fails every time because it cannot find the WiFiAgent.app in the Universal Binaries.  I saw that someone managed to get the wifi root patch to work, at least partially.  What method was used? Does anyone know how it was accomplished?

@mnfesq I'm waiting for more OCLP developer progress, but when I last built and tested OCLP 1.6.0, I extracted the missing components from the 1.5.0 source to allow a successful build and OCLP execution (although OCLP patching did not work, as expected).

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@mnfesq I'm waiting for more OCLP developer progress, but when I last built and tested OCLP 1.6.0, I extracted the missing components from the 1.5.0 source to allow a successful build and OCLP execution (although OCLP patching did not work, as expected).

Thanks.  BTW, having grown up in Illinois, I am very familiar with Peoria.  I now live in Portland, OR, which I contend is the Peoria of the Pacific.  Both towns were built along a river at the beginning of the 20th century and the homes have very similar architecture.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Thanks.  BTW, having grown up in Illinois, I am very familiar with Peoria.  I now live in Portland, OR, which I contend is the Peoria of the Pacific.  Both towns were built along a river at the beginning of the 20th century and the homes have very similar architecture.

... and lots of freshly-painted park benches.

• Haha 8